Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    back on topic ... Bullpen is an essential need that needs to be addressed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vintage View Post
    back on topic ... Bullpen is an essential need that needs to be addressed.
    You could say the same thing about the starting rotation, centerfield, left field, right field defense....
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CoachWall View Post
    It's obvious this team needs some help going into 2012. If you were SA, what are you doing?

1) Resign Reyes. When he is right, he is one of the most exciting players in the game, worth the price of admission.

2) Listen or pursue offers for Jason Bay. . . . I would seriously offer him and a young prospect back to the Sox for Carl Crawford.

3) Help out the pitching staff. A couple of low risk moves, . . . Izzy was a nice story this season and made a contribution, but we need a closer. It may be Parnell, . . .
    To your points:
    1) No brainer - SA will sign him if he can.
    2) Funny, I made this exact same suggestion about 6 weeks ago. But Bay shows signs of life. Could be the symptoms of post concussion syndrome are finally fading and the old Jason Bay will reappear. Regardless, he'd be very hard to move and I don't think Sandy will try.
    3) I agree . . and disagree. We can always use some low risk options, and I hope we resign Capuano, and if healthy again, Young. But what we really need is a couple of sure fire arms.
    a)Parnell is not the closer of the future, and if there is one in the organization, he's not ready now. So we need to sign a real sure fire closer. Probably not one as expensive as Papelbon or Bell, but perhaps a Capps or Rauch. Then shore up the bullpen with other low risk - high reward guys.
    b) We won't compete in the NL East with the rotation we have. We need to trade for a top of the rotation #1 or 2 starter to add to Santana.
    4) The starting position players are OK, except maybe at catching. But we need one more goos bench player to add to Murphy, Evans and Tyrner/Tejada. David DeJesus might just fit the bill here.
    Former B'klyn Dodger fan. Mets Maniac since 1962.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dunbummin View Post
    To your points:
    1) No brainer - SA will sign him if he can.
    2) Funny, I made this exact same suggestion about 6 weeks ago. But Bay shows signs of life. Could be the symptoms of post concussion syndrome are finally fading and the old Jason Bay will reappear. Regardless, he'd be very hard to move and I don't think Sandy will try.
    3) I agree . . and disagree. We can always use some low risk options, and I hope we resign Capuano, and if healthy again, Young. But what we really need is a couple of sure fire arms.
    a)Parnell is not the closer of the future, and if there is one in the organization, he's not ready now. So we need to sign a real sure fire closer. Probably not one as expensive as Papelbon or Bell, but perhaps a Capps or Rauch. Then shore up the bullpen with other low risk - high reward guys.
    b) We won't compete in the NL East with the rotation we have. We need to trade for a top of the rotation #1 or 2 starter to add to Santana.
    4) The starting position players are OK, except maybe at catching. But we need one more goos bench player to add to Murphy, Evans and Tyrner/Tejada. David DeJesus might just fit the bill here.
    Is David DeJesus going to take a pay cut and a reduced role? Sure it sounds nice but do you think the Mets are going to convince a starter making 3 million or so to take a pay cut and be a back up to play here?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12