Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

What to Do in The Offseason

It's obvious this team needs some help going into 2012. If you were SA, what are you doing?

1) Resign Reyes. When he is right, he is one of the most exciting players in the game, worth the price of admission.

2) Listen or pursue offers for Jason Bay. Good guy, not so good player. He has the Ed Whitson curse. Stars anywhere he plays, except New York. I would seriously offer him and a young prospect back to the Sox for Carl Crawford. Numbers on Bay and Crawford are very similar. Money is almost a wash. Crawford and his speed would add defense to LF and provide Reyes with a running partner at the top of the lineup. bay best season professionally was in Beantown.

3) Help out the pitching staff. A couple of low risk moves, similar to Capuano and Young, only for the bullpen. Izzy was a nice story this season and made a contribution, but we need a closer. It may be Parnell, but an insurance policy would go a long way in cutting back the use of Maalox.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CoachWall View Post
    It's obvious this team needs some help going into 2012. If you were SA, what are you doing?

1) Resign Reyes. When he is right, he is one of the most exciting players in the game, worth the price of admission.

2) Listen or pursue offers for Jason Bay. Good guy, not so good player. He has the Ed Whitson curse. Stars anywhere he plays, except New York. I would seriously offer him and a young prospect back to the Sox for Carl Crawford. Numbers on Bay and Crawford are very similar. Money is almost a wash. Crawford and his speed would add defense to LF and provide Reyes with a running partner at the top of the lineup. bay best season professionally was in Beantown.

3) Help out the pitching staff. A couple of low risk moves, similar to Capuano and Young, only for the bullpen. Izzy was a nice story this season and made a contribution, but we need a closer. It may be Parnell, but an insurance policy would go a long way in cutting back the use of Maalox.
    1. I agree

2. No way in hell do the Red Sox make that move after just one year of Crawford. I do not think bays problem is due to the pressure of NY. Playing for the Red Sox is at least as much pressure as playing for the Mets.

3. Mets need help in the rotation and the bullpen and I think the moves need to be bigger then the low risk Capuano/Young types. Low risk moves usually return low as well, Capuano has pitched OK and Young was a zero return.

The Mets NEED a closer, but do not expect much money sunk there it goes against SA baseball philosophy does not include big time closers or money on them.

vCash
    A lot fo thigns, to answe the question posed in the title

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CHj0dMkK6A

New Video. Isles season highlights 2011-12!

vCash
    What to do in the off-season:

1) If you're not married, find a young honey and get laid, regularly.

2) If you are married, have sex with your wife as often as possible.

3) If you are married but dont want to have sex with your wife, either get divorced or have an affair with a young honey with whom you should get laid, regularly.

4) At any rate, don't worry about what the Mets will do during the off season. There's just no percentage in it.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post

3) If you are married but dont want to have sex with your wife, either get divorced or have an affair with a young honey with whom you should get laid, regularly.

4) At any rate, don't worry about what the Mets will do during the off season. There's just no percentage in it.
    Bet you wish you were still a college student like me, eh?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymfan87 View Post
    Bet you wish you were still a college student like me, eh?
    Actually no. I have found I like college age girls a lot more now that I am in my 30s.

Brooklyn to Denver to L.A. to Denver and back to L.A.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GoNyMetsGo View Post
    Actually no. I have found I like college age girls a lot more now that I am in my 30s.
    Interesting. I found that when I was in college I liked "older" women, like 5-10 years older.

Since my 30's, I like 'em 5-10 years younger. I'm tired of being a teacher.

Shea Stadium Scoreboard May 31, 1964

Mets Dieharder Since '63
    Broncos Dieharder Since '73
    Los Angeles Kings Dieharder Since 1987
    Los Angeles Kings 2012 and 2014 Stanley Cup Champions -
    Denver Rockets/Nuggets Dieharder Since '73

ua you're gone, but never forgotten, R.I.P.

vCash
    I'm more interested in what the entire league will decide on for the future, The CBA expires on December 11th 2011 and though I don't foresee anything like what the NFl and NBA have gone through/are going through there is still a chance for dissension among the Players and Owners. The off-season for the Mets should look the same as it did last off season, no major moves though unless SA decides to eat Bay's contract and Reyes talk will far overshadow any other addition/subtraction made, If I could make one suggestion it would be to please NOT give Chris Young another chance, we tried it, it failed....nice guy and all but not worth another risk(Victor Zambrono ring a bell?)

vCash

What about the other 23 hours and 45 minutes in the day?????

Make that 23 hours and 30 minutes…I forgot the shower.

vCash
    Pitching should be priority number 1. Both starting and bullpen. I'm ok with the offense especially when you consider you have Ike coming back and Duda getting a full season at the majors.

Crossed the Rubicon, let the bridge be burned
    vCash
    When he is right
    and when he is not?
    RIP Paul Kuznetz aka uapeople

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    I'm all for Bay playing everyday. I don't mind, I understand with the contract situation.

vCash
    In the offseason, Magoo plans to watch football (Go Jets), take frequent naps, and have sex with his girlfriend, wife, sister-in-law, neighbors' wifes and girlfriends, and Kate Middleton.

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DisgruntledGoat View Post
    I'm more interested in what the entire league will decide on for the future, The CBA expires on December 11th 2011 and though I don't foresee anything like what the NFl and NBA have gone through/are going through there is still a chance for dissension among the Players and Owners. The off-season for the Mets should look the same as it did last off season, no major moves though unless SA decides to eat Bay's contract and Reyes talk will far overshadow any other addition/subtraction made, If I could make one suggestion it would be to please NOT give Chris Young another chance, we tried it, it failed....nice guy and all but not worth another risk(Victor Zambrono ring a bell?)
    Chris Young is a completely different situation than Zambrano.
    We didnt trade away our top pitching prospect for him.
    Young would also cost next to nothing and be an extremely low risk signing.
    Hes also a ton better than Zambrano when healthy.
    A ST invite, or minor league contract or minimum with some incentives for Young does nothing to hurt the organization.
    Even in the scenario where he gets hurt early in the season again, its a few quality starts for next to nothing. We don't have to bank the season on him.
    I wouldnt mind taking another flyer on him for extra MLB caliber pitching depth.

What is the risk you are so worried about?

vCash

im 15...so basically, im screwed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetsFanatic19 View Post
    im 15...so basically, im screwed.
    Maybe figuratively if not literally. But look at the bright side: You'll probably get laid before the Mets win a pennant.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast