Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Is Jason Bay finished in NY ?

It has caught my attention recently that the fans and the manager do not rate him and I cannot blame them personally. He has done nothing in a Mets uniform since the day he signed. Injuries and inconsistency have caught up with him and he is a shadow of his former self from his Pirates/Red sox days.
    I think placing him on the waiver would be a good idea and see if we get any snags from other teams and bring more youth into the team.Opinions are more than welcome but I do not see him as a met next season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nabeshin View Post
    It has caught my attention recently that the fans and the manager do not rate him and I cannot blame them personally. He has done nothing in a Mets uniform since the day he signed. Injuries and inconsistency have caught up with him and he is a shadow of his former self from his Pirates/Red sox days.
    I think placing him on the waiver would be a good idea and see if we get any snags from other teams and bring more youth into the team.Opinions are more than welcome but I do not see him as a met next season.
    Right now the Mets lack an impact OF bat to replace him. The only hope might be if Nick Evans is for real and can play the OF decently. otherwise the options seem a little slim. Not that bay has been an impact bat for the Mets.

vCash
    Bay has become a platoon player, the question is will Sandy have the balls to make him one come next year. I hope he does.

vCash
    This will probably never happen, but it should.

AJ Burnett to the Mets for Jason Bay.

Fits a need for both teams really.

Burnett should improve in the NL and with Citi Field instead of Yankee Stadium.

Bay should improve in the AL and AL East in Yankee Stadium instead of Citi Field.

If both teams eat a ton of money, this could be a great my trash for your trash trade.
    Last edited by Vintage; 08-26-2011 at 10:04 PM.

vCash
    Two things.

First, to answer the question posed in the thread title:

Nowhere. Bay is going nowhere. He is under contract for two more years at a high number.

Second, Bay was put on wiavers. Every player is put on waivers after the July deadline, it's pretty much standard procedure.

No one bit, because of his contract. If anyone DID claim him, he would have been in another uniform tonight, simple as that. We would not have even tried to get anyone back in return, just getting out from under the two years, 33 million left on the deal would be reason to let him go.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vintage View Post

Bay should improve in the AL and AL East in Yankee Stadium instead of Citi Field.

If both teams eat a ton of money, this could be a great my trash for your trash trade.
    The Yankees have no place to put Bay.

He is a LF/DH and they already have both.

Plus, Burnett sucks ***.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GoNyMetsGo View Post
    Right now the Mets lack an impact OF bat to replace him. The only hope might be if Nick Evans is for real and can play the OF decently. otherwise the options seem a little slim. Not that bay has been an impact bat for the Mets.
    I think Evans may turn into a very solid player personally but as for playing in the outfield I am not quite sure. But I have come to notice that every superstar we sign tend to falter when they join us or spend half of there tenure here on the dl. Beltran, Santana and now bay but at least the beltran and Santana contributed. bay has done absolutely nothing to deserve the contract he received.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMet6986 View Post
    The Yankees have no place to put Bay.

He is a LF/DH and they already have both.

Plus, Burnett sucks ***.
    The ONLY reasons I suggest it is because both teams hate the respected player and because Nick Swishers contract is up next season.

I know it will never happen, just think it makes sense and is the only way we can get rid of Bay and Yankees can get rid of Burnett.

vCash
    Bay has been the worst free agent signing in Mets history.

I didn't like the move when it was made, but didn't argue, either.

I knew he was not going to hit 35 homers for us.

But, I will admit that I thought he would be a .275/25/90 guy and not the .280/35/110 guy they thought we were getting.

He hasn't even been CLOSE to that level. At this point, .270/15/75 would be an improvement, and for what he is getting, that's not even CLOSE to good value.

An expensive mistake.

vCash
    Well if we can get rid of the father in law beating Rodriguez then I think we could get Bay off the payroll but I will be more than happy to eat my own foot if he comes through next season but it seems very unlikely.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vintage View Post

If both teams eat a ton of money that would be a wash, right?

Burnett is bad. I would not want him for Bay.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nabeshin View Post
    Well if we can get rid of the father in law beating Rodriguez then I think we could get Bay off the payroll but I will be more than happy to eat my own foot if he comes through next season but it seems very unlikely.
    It is easier to trade a criminal that produces over a choir boy that does not.

GMs rarely care about the conduct if the player can truly help. Look at the NFL.

vCash
    Bay has been the worst free agent signing in Mets history.
    only because he was more expensive than Tom Hausman.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    DID YOU SEE AJ BURNETT LAST NIGHT!

(GOES PUKES, PUKES SOME MORE, COMES BACK)

What was all that business about mutilating private parts earlier in the season, I'd rather be involved with that then watch one inning of AJ Burnett in a Mets uniform.
    The Mets: Continually finding a way to lower a bar already on the ground.

"You either get your #$% kicked or you donít, but get on the mound and throw the baseball"

vCash
    Bay has been the worst free agent signing in Mets history.I didn't like the move when it was made, but didn't argue, either.

I didn't like the move either. I thought they needed more pitching like John Lackey. I wish we could drop this guy now but we would have to eat his contract. Guaranteed contracts should be outlawed.

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast