12:21 PM ESPN3.com Ole Miss @ Vanderbilt

1:00 PM ESPN3.com Coastal Carolina @ Georgia

3:30 PM Tennessee @ #16 Florida

6:00 PM Navy @ #11 South Carolina

7:00 PM Louisville @ Kentucky

7:30 PM ESPN3.com Troy @ #14 Arkansas

7:30 PM ESPN3.com North Texas @ #2 Alabama

vCash
    That Navy game could be dangerous for South Carolina.

Then Clemson could be a dangerous game for Auburn coming off a big win against Miss State.

Tennessee vs Florida is an important game for both teams as they each have easy follow up games and then a brutal schedule in October. Florida plays Alabama, LSU, Auburn and Georgia and Tennessee plays Georgia, Alabama, LSU and South Carolina in October.

vCash
    I agree with all of those picks. Louisville/Kentucky will be a cripple fight. I know the Cats lost a lot, but I never expected their offense to look near as bad as it has through their first two games.

I'm really looking forward to the Tennessee game because Florida fans will finally get to find out something about the identity of this team. Through the first two games, swing passes to the flat and the legs of Rainey and Demps have been enough to thorougly pound the opponent. I'm excited to see what Charlie Weis and Dan Quinn pull out for this one.

Scary notion for this game: We were the victim of two busted coverages against UT last year, both of which resulted in long touchdowns. That was before the emergence of Da'Rick Rodgers and Matt Simms was still starting for the Vols. It's also worth noting that Janoris Jenkins and Ahmad Black were starting in our secondary. They've been replaced by a true freshman and a true sophomore.

If our star-studded defensive line can't generate a steady pass rush, we could lose this game. Fortunately I have more faith in our ability to slow down UT's passing attack than I have in UT to slow us down running the ball.

I'm assuming the Bray-for-Heisman talks are well underway up there, SCR?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Catfish1314 View Post
    I agree with all of those picks. Louisville/Kentucky will be a cripple fight. I know the Cats lost a lot, but I never expected their offense to look near as bad as it has through their first two games.

I'm really looking forward to the Tennessee game because Florida fans will finally get to find out something about the identity of this team. Through the first two games, swing passes to the flat and the legs of Rainey and Demps have been enough to thorougly pound the opponent. I'm excited to see what Charlie Weis and Dan Quinn pull out for this one.

Scary notion for this game: We were the victim of two busted coverages against UT last year, both of which resulted in long touchdowns. That was before the emergence of Da'Rick Rodgers and Matt Simms was still starting for the Vols. It's also worth noting that Janoris Jenkins and Ahmad Black were starting in our secondary. They've been replaced by a true freshman and a true sophomore.

If our star-studded defensive line can't generate a steady pass rush, we could lose this game. Fortunately I have more faith in our ability to slow down UT's passing attack than I have in UT to slow us down running the ball.

I'm assuming the Bray-for-Heisman talks are well underway up there, SCR?
    Oh god it is sickening.... I have heard "He might be better than Peyton Manning" "If we get past Florida then Alabama will be the only thing in our way of a national championship" .... They really think that they are gonna walk through South Carolina, Georgia, Arkansas and LSU without a loss.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcityroller View Post
    Oh god it is sickening.... I have heard "He might be better than Peyton Manning" "If we get past Florida then Alabama will be the only thing in our way of a national championship" .... They really think that they are gonna walk through South Carolina, Georgia, Arkansas and LSU without a loss.
    Their schedule is just horrible. I'll be impressed if they finish the regular season 8-4. I fully expect them to beat one of Georgia/South Carolina though.

Spencer Tillman from CBS picked Tennessee to win this game on the basis that they have more talent than Florida

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Catfish1314 View Post
    Their schedule is just horrible. I'll be impressed if they finish the regular season 8-4. I fully expect them to beat one of Georgia/South Carolina though.

Spencer Tillman from CBS picked Tennessee to win this game on the basis that they have more talent than Florida
    This is the first time in years that I actually have that little voice in my head saying that Tennessee might actually win this game. Do they have more talent than Florida? That is laughable and just a flat out ignorant statement. However.... I do think that this Tennessee team matches up really well with the weaker areas on the Gators.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcityroller View Post
    This is the first time in years that I actually have that little voice in my head saying that Tennessee might actually win this game. Do they have more talent than Florida? That is laughable and just a flat out ignorant statement. However.... I do think that this Tennessee team matches up really well with the weaker areas on the Gators.
    I agree. Their strengths are their vertical passing game on offense and a solid secondary on defense. Our secondary is the only really shaky unit of the defense and we've only attempted two downfield passes through two games. One of them was a flea-flicker.

With that in mind, I think we gash them on the ground and win enough defensive possessions to come away with a 7-14 point victory. Bray and those receivers (while all very talented, especially Justin Hunter) are getting way too much hype for playing cupcake pitch-and-catch against the inexcusably horrible secondary of Cincinnati, and Montana.

vCash
    Lets go Vols!

vCash
    As always the Florida Gators own the Tennessee Vols.... Florida is 20-5 in the last 25 meetings and have won the last 7.

Also I'm glad that Auburn lost they should've already been 0-2 anyways.