84. You may not vote on this poll
  • Adrian Gonzalez

29 34.52%
  • Miguel Cabrera

55 65.48%
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jbro732 View Post
    Miggy's career has been far and away better than A-gon at this point. This is only the second year that Gonzalez has hit over .300. You have to take into account that Miggy has been putting up elite stats for pretty much his whole career.

If I'm looking at this year alone I'd probably take Gonzalez because of the glove and the offense is similar. If I'm taking one player for there career I'm taking Miggy. If i had to choose one player from here on out I'd take Miggy.

Miggy is on his way to a hall of fame career. He is probably the best hitter in the American League at this point. Gonzalez has so much more to prove that he is even on track for Cooperstown.

Gonzalez isn't in the same conversation as Miggy.
    Well said

Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    Batting average? That doesn't count for much here, and check out the park he used to played in, tough. Boston is made for him and we can all see what he does there.

Also Gonzalez isn't carrying 25 lbs of junk in the trunk like Cabrera, which in part explains why Gonzalez is one of the 3-4 best gloves in MLB at 1B,and Cabrera is bottom 6-7. It also means that his career will be shorter then it had to be.

Also Cabrera is a distraction and danger to himself and others with his drinking and assault issues. No thanks.

Go read post #12, the last 3 years, Gonzalez is clearly the better player. Fenway is clearly tailored to his game better then what Miggy has. Sig bet, next 5 years combined Gonzalez >> Miggy using BR WAR.

3 months in rehab:

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=4846342

One more slip.....
    Still want to do a sig bet?
    Last edited by StriveGreatness; 07-23-2012 at 12:04 AM.

vCash
    There are people in this thread that posted far morein terms of data and logic that supports their case (either side) than this casual and weak piece has. Really man, that CBS piece is crud.

The fact is that in the last 3 seasons they are virtually even - or Agon wins by .33 runs on average per rWAR - which is even.

Cabrera has had his demons - which he is responsible for - that have sapped his results a bit, and Gonzalez has had the shoulder. The next 5 years ought to tell the tale. Miggy has a more distinguished career before '09 then Gonzalez, but in the here and now (since this isn't the time to nominate for the HOF) they are even as ball players.

Wasn't it said that the Tigers had Miggy on the block?
    Sapped his results a bit? What? When? Cabrera just had the best two seasons of his career the last couple seasons.
    2013 Adopt-A-Lion: Nick Fairley

vCash
    A-Gone was so good they shipped his *** out of town. The best part is that Bagwell was bringing up trade rumors involving Miggy a few years ago as a negative towards Miggy for this comparison.
    2013 Adopt-A-Lion: Nick Fairley

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FortDetroit View Post
    A-Gone was so good they shipped his *** out of town. The best part is that Bagwell was bringing up trade rumors involving Miggy a few years ago as a negative towards Miggy for this comparison.
    Oh yeah, because that's the reason he got traded. Riiiiiiight

vCash
    Adrian gonzalez...just not this week.
    5>2

vCash
    some shouldnt even be compared. miggy by a 10 miles and then some

vCash
    Miguel is the best hitter in the game. So, him and it's not very close.

vCash
    3 crowns says cabrera

vCash
    Yeah, Cabrera has really separated himself from Adrian here.

A few years ago, this was really a good debate to have had.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FortDetroit View Post
    You realize this thread was made in 2011.....right?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    Yeah, Cabrera has really separated himself from Adrian here.

A few years ago, this was really a good debate to have had.
    It was a year ago, and the prior 3 years were actually quite close using rWAR.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    is that even a real questions anymore? next question? and miggy

vCash
    I saw this thread at the bottom of the page and couldn't help but laugh.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jbro732 View Post
    I saw this thread at the bottom of the page and couldn't help but laugh.
    Try for the perspective of the time it was written. Cabrera had serious drinking issues, domestic - what abuse? speeding, and Gonzalez was going through the best period of his career, and was (and is) a much better defender then MC.

During that time frame they were quite close. AG never seemed to get past his shoulder issues and Miggy pulled himself together. Those changes and results were not written then.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    Try for the perspective of the time it was written. Cabrera had serious drinking issues, domestic - what abuse? speeding, and Gonzalez was going through the best period of his career, and was (and is) a much better defender then MC.

During that time frame they were quite close. AG never seemed to get past his shoulder issues and Miggy pulled himself together. Those changes and results were not written then.
    I never disagreed with your logic or argument from a baseball standpoint. I just didn't think it was absolute fact Miggy's off the field issues would negatively affect his on field production.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast