Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    Letting him close this month can't hurt. He's never gonna be a starter and, he's never gonna be a closer. He's got a lot of potential, can't deny that but, he's too eratic. He's young so, there's plenty of time to try and mold him out into something better. He needs to work on a new pitch and control and he'll be fine.
    No, it cant hurt, but will affirm that he cannot be our closer come April.

How many days until Ps and Cs again?
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    No, it cant hurt, but will affirm that he cannot be our closer come April.

How many days until Ps and Cs again?
    All Parnell has done recently is prove my joke that he can not close his locker without giving up two hits to be less joke and more reality.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GoNyMetsGo View Post
    All Parnell has done recently is prove my joke that he can not close his locker without giving up two hits to be less joke and more reality.
    This is what I'm sayin.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    This is what I'm sayin.
    I tend to agree with you. I think the Mets should give him this month and see but I expect a closer to get signed this offseason. No one on this roster makes me feel all warm and fuzzy late in the game. Beato does not strike out enough guys. Parnell is just too hittable no matter how hard he throws and the rest are just placeholders.

vCash
    He has the stuff, but the key for him is limiting the amount of base runners. He can not walk as many as he has. He can give up hits, K-rod was very successful despite putting men on base all the time, but you can not give up 1 or 2 hits and then walk a batter like he did in Washington. Then you're just in a complete mess.

vCash
    Parnell throws fastballs right down the middle, that is why his BABIP is high fellas.

Brooklyn to Denver to L.A. to Denver and back to L.A.
    vCash
    Well, Bobby has blown two out of the last three....

Shea Stadium Scoreboard May 31, 1964

Mets Dieharder Since '63
    Broncos Dieharder Since '73
    Los Angeles Kings Dieharder Since 1987
    Los Angeles Kings 2012 and 2014 Stanley Cup Champions -
    Denver Rockets/Nuggets Dieharder Since '73

ua you're gone, but never forgotten, R.I.P.

vCash
    I'm as much as an optimist as the next guy, but I don't see this working out. Sure he's got the heat, but he just isn't getting it done at all. What are some viable closer options next year?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    Parnell throws fastballs right down the middle, that is why his BABIP is high fellas.
    That was the only fastball not on the edges of the strike zone thrown by him the entire inning.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymfan87 View Post
    That was the only fastball not on the edges of the strike zone thrown by him the entire inning.
    Well it was one too many, the harder you throw the farther it goes and it almost and probably should have went. For someone who throws that hard, he is very hittable, and that's because there's no deception.

vCash
    I think Parnell is just willing to sacrifice more than we know for this team to win.

Like us, Bobby is planning for the future and purposely blowing these save opportunities to ensure us getting a higher draft pick and a better chance of future success.

From all of us, thank you Bobby Parnell.
    There are no men like me, only me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rangers&MetsFTW View Post
    I think Parnell is just willing to sacrifice more than we know for this team to win.

Like us, Bobby is planning for the future and purposely blowing these save opportunities to ensure us getting a higher draft pick and a better chance of future success.

From all of us, thank you Bobby Parnell.
    I think you've been spending too much time in church.

vCash
    No offense FoC, but this thread is ridiculous. One blown save does not mean this guy isn't a closer candidate. K-Rod blew his first save of the year and then went on to save something like the next 20 in a row. Give him at least a couple more chances.

Also, if Lucas Duda didn't blow defensively in the outfield that ball would have been caught and there would have been bases loaded and 2 outs. Even an average RF could have gotten to that ball.
    Well now it's two blown saves, the only two times (I believe, please correct me if I'm wrong) he was handed leads less than 3 runs. And in yesterday's game, it wasn't just one fat pitch. He also walked two batters. You can't do that when you're trying to close a 2-run lead.

But this isn't anything new. Again, other than impress on a radar gun, he hasn't done anything in his career to earn a closer's job. He was mediocre as a middle inning reliever and set up man and now he's mediocre as a closer.

It's obvious that if Parnell is our closer after this year, we won't win anything. But Sandy knows that.

vCash
    All these radar (palindrome) gun numbers look impressive to everyone but the batters. MLB batters can all pretty much hit a fastball. That's why they are major leaguers. Parnell needs controllable movement on his pitches and he doesn't have that.

I have no idea how hard it is to "learn" a new pitch; but Parnell would be well served if he could come up with a changeup. Even if he threw it occasionally, it would give the batter something else to think about. All they think about now is Italian food. At least one pitch to every batter seems to be a nice meatball in the center of the plate.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jomota48 View Post
    All these radar (palindrome) gun numbers look impressive to everyone but the batters. MLB batters can all pretty much hit a fastball. That's why they are major leaguers. Parnell needs controllable movement on his pitches and he doesn't have that.

I have no idea how hard it is to "learn" a new pitch; but Parnell would be well served if he could come up with a changeup. Even if he threw it occasionally, it would give the batter something else to think about. All they think about now is Italian food. At least one pitch to every batter seems to be a nice meatball in the center of the plate.
    This was discussed on-air, probably on the radio. I think it was Howie who said he talked to Parnell about throwing a change-up and Bobby basically said that he can't do it. He has tried repeatedly in the past, but it is impossible for him -- something about he couldn't do it without slowing down his arm speed (which is a giveaway) no matter what grip he used.
    "The 90 wins is about challenge. It's about changing the conversation. It's about framing questions for ourselves as to how we get there. So I stand by the notion that we need to get better, and in doing so we need to set concrete goals for ourselves so that we have sort of specific conversations among ourselves about how we're going to get there." -- Mr. Alderson

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast