Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 71

Thread: Nym 2012 thread

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,446
    vCash
    1500

    Nym 2012 thread

    (1)

    (2)

    (3) Ike Davis 1B

    (4) Lucas Duda RF

    (5) David Wright 3B

    (6) Jason Bay LF

    (7) Daniel Murphy 2B

    (8) Josh Thole C


    Rotation

    (1) Johan Santana LHP
    (2) RA Dickey RHP
    (3) Jon Niese LHP
    (4) Dillon Gee RHP
    (5)

    Bullpen

    (1) CP
    (2) Pedro Beato SU
    (3) Bobby Parnell MR
    (4) Manny Acosta MR
    (5) MR
    (6) LGY
    (7) LR
    Last edited by Vintage; 09-29-2011 at 06:44 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    3,264
    vCash
    1500
    What if you're wrong?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn New York
    Posts
    12,603
    vCash
    1500
    Upton is no better than Pagan.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn to Denver to L.A. to Denver and back to L.A.
    Posts
    16,027
    vCash
    1500
    I find it simply amazing how people fantasize about trades, free agents signing,etc. Why don't some of you guys wait for the real world to take over in the off-season and see how SA continues to do it the professional way.

    All these make believe trades you guys come up with is strictly waving your own magic wand. It's all nothing but........maroonic stuff.....

    Shea Stadium Scoreboard May 31, 1964



    Mets Dieharder Since '63
    Broncos Dieharder Since '73
    Los Angeles Kings Dieharder Since 1987
    Los Angeles Kings 2012 and 2014 Stanley Cup Champions -
    Denver Rockets/Nuggets Dieharder Since '73

    ua you're gone, but never forgotten, R.I.P.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,446
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    Upton is no better than Pagan.
    BJ Upton is 5 years younger than Pagan, is on the block, has a better arm and range, and is a 4 WAR player.

    Not to mention Upton has more stolen bases, Xbh's, Homeruns, RBI's, SLG %, and OPS.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn New York
    Posts
    12,603
    vCash
    1500
    I never understood why people always wanted Upton. He's a mediocre player at best.

    "With the right managing he could be a superstar blah blah" key word is could. I'm not willing to take that risk on a 4th outfielder.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    3,264
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulie6986 View Post
    I find it simply amazing how people fantasize about trades, free agents signing,etc. Why don't some of you guys wait for the real world to take over in the off-season and see how SA continues to do it the professional way.

    All these make believe trades you guys come up with is strictly waving your own magic wand. It's all nothing but........maroonic stuff.....
    Your sig is compelling me to post again

    And yeah, usually these annoying speculation threads don't start until maybe the end of the season. Guess it's gonna be a loooooong fall and winter around here.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn New York
    Posts
    12,603
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Vintage View Post
    BJ Upton is 5 years younger than Pagan, is on the block, has a better arm and range, and is a 4 WAR player.

    Not to mention Upton has more stolen bases, Xbh's, Homeruns, RBI's, SLG %, and OPS.
    Upton's career numbers have been awful since 2007. His OBP is .308, he may be a better long term option but, I don't see pagan being here for more than 3 years. Upton is also a guy who strikes out 100+ times a year, he isn't a good player at all. I don't think I need much evidence to support that.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,446
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    I never understood why people always wanted Upton. He's a mediocre player at best.

    "With the right managing he could be a superstar blah blah" key word is could. I'm not willing to take that risk on a 4th outfielder.
    Lol @ BJ Upton being a 4th outfielder. He's easily starting caliber in this league and has insane playoff numbers.

    His speed and cannon of an arm would fit perfectly in CF and behind Reyes in the 2 spot

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,446
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    Upton's career numbers have been awful since 2007. His OBP is .308, he may be a better long term option but, I don't see pagan being here for more than 3 years. Upton is also a guy who strikes out 100+ times a year, he isn't a good player at all. I don't think I need much evidence to support that.
    His OBP is low and thats because he doesn't take walks this season .. with age and a change of scenary, I believe he will.

    Even with a low OBP this year (for his Career Upton is .340, Pagan is .331) Upton has still managed to post an OPS in the 7's .. that means he's slugging .400's which is perfect, and right near his career totals.

    A 26 year old on the block who steals 30 bases, hits .250, knocks in 80 RBI, posts a .750 OPS, and averages about 25 XBH's a season ( still hasnt reached his prime ) is a guy who I personally would take a shot on over Pagan a non tender candidate.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn New York
    Posts
    12,603
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Vintage View Post
    Lol @ BJ Upton being a 4th outfielder. He's easily starting caliber in this league and has insane playoff numbers.

    His speed and cannon of an arm would fit perfectly in CF and behind Reyes in the 2 spot
    You're acting as if he's the best outfielder in baseball. In this league? Maybe. You don't know how he'd fair in the NL.

    And sure he has speed and a good arm but, so does Pagan. Playoff numbers are irrelevant, the Mets haven't been to the playoffs since 06 so, what good is that? there are plenty of guys that would fit behind Reyes but, somebody who's a career .256 hitter does not belong anywhere but the bottom of the lineup.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    8,386
    vCash
    1500
    I like these threads when I'm bored. So I'm gonna play.

    2013

    SS - Jose Reyes (5/100)
    2B - Reese Havens
    CF - Matt Kemp (7/145)
    1B - Ike Davis
    3B - David Wright
    RF - Lucas Duda
    LF - Jason Bay (Final Year)/Kirk Niuwhenhuis/Fernando Martinez/Cory Vaughn
    C - Miguel Montero (4/50)

    Santana (Final Year)
    Niese
    Gee
    Harvey
    Mejia

    Last edited by KingsOfQueens; 08-20-2011 at 02:16 AM.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,446
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    You're acting as if he's the best outfielder in baseball. In this league? Maybe. You don't know how he'd fair in the NL.

    And sure he has speed and a good arm but, so does Pagan. Playoff numbers are irrelevant, the Mets haven't been to the playoffs since 06 so, what good is that? there are plenty of guys that would fit behind Reyes but, somebody who's a career .256 hitter does not belong anywhere but the bottom of the lineup.
    What other outfielder, in their mid 20's is on the market?

    Find me a better CF than Upton (in production and age) that is on the open market and then we can talk.

    A trade similar to the one the Yankees made for Curtis Granderson would be ideal for this club. Unfortunately there are no 25+ CF's being shopped besides BJ Upton (and Logan Morrison, but he can't place CF)

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn New York
    Posts
    12,603
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Vintage View Post
    His OBP is low and thats because he doesn't take walks .. with age, I believe he will.

    Even with a low OBP this year (for his Career Upton is .340, Pagan is .331) Upton has still managed to post an OPS in the 7's .. that means he's slugging .400's which is perfect, and right near his career totals.

    A 26 year old on the block who steals 30 bases, hits .250, knocks in 80 RBI, posts a .750 OPS, and averages about 25 XBH's a season ( still hasnt reached his prime ) is a guy who I personally would take a shot on over Pagan a non tender candidate.
    Your belief means nothing, as you get older doesn't mean you'll walk more, he's been in the league for 7 years, maybe we should give him 15? And, Upton hasn't had an "eye catching" year since 2008. Okay he has a good OPS, i'll give you that much. RBI is an irrelevant stat, if he was on a team such as the Padres, he'd have significantly less, RBI is a flawed stat. And you don't know if he'll do any better, I mean granted, I would take him if I could but, i'd rather Pagan at this point even with the down year. They're different players, it's hard to compare the two

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,446
    vCash
    1500
    If Pagan does get Non Tendered like he is supposed to (not that I want him to, but he and Pelfrey are candidates), this Mets team is going to need to find an upgrade for CF.

    We are set at the corners with Bay and Duda and can go in house with Capt. Kirk or Matt Den Decker, but I question if they are the guys you want in CF when making a run for the playoffs.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •