Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 13 of 94 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 195 of 1403

Thread: Formula 1

  1. #181
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    24,247
    vCash
    1500
    Looks like we're going to see F1 in New York in 2013.

  2. #182
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3,480
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by LegendX View Post
    Looks like we're going to see F1 in New York in 2013.
    Just read a little about it before. A NY street circuit would be damn cool.

  3. #183
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Jolly Old England
    Posts
    24,102
    vCash
    1500
    I thought it was going to be a New Jersey street race?

    Will they replace one of the tracks they used this season or just add the New Jersey race onto the schedule?

  4. #184
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3,480
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilson View Post
    I thought it was going to be a New Jersey street race?

    Will they replace one of the tracks they used this season or just add the New Jersey race onto the schedule?
    New Jersey, New York, same thing. Well there's a race being added in Texas (in Austin I think) already next year and then possibly this one in 2013 so that would bring it up to 21 races. Apparently the Korean GP wasn't very popular and they didn't make the money they were hoping so it could be dropped for the race in New Jersey by 2013.

  5. #185
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Jolly Old England
    Posts
    24,102
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BirdIsTheWord View Post
    New Jersey, New York, same thing. Well there's a race being added in Texas (in Austin I think) already next year and then possibly this one in 2013 so that would bring it up to 21 races. Apparently the Korean GP wasn't very popular and they didn't make the money they were hoping so it could be dropped for the race in New Jersey by 2013.
    Three races in the States, it seems like they're trying to push Americans on F1.

    I wish we could have some extra races in England but I don't really know where we could put one

  6. #186
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    24,247
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilson View Post
    Three races in the States, it seems like they're trying to push Americans on F1.

    I wish we could have some extra races in England but I don't really know where we could put one
    Three races? Where's the third? There's only two in 2013, New Jersey and Austin (and I'm not sure if Austin will be in 2013).

  7. #187
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Jolly Old England
    Posts
    24,102
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by LegendX View Post
    Three races? Where's the third? There's only two in 2013, New Jersey and Austin (and I'm not sure if Austin will be in 2013).
    I was thinking F1 used Laguna Seca for some reason. I think they have raced there in the past, just not anymore.

  8. #188
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    24,247
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilson View Post
    I was thinking F1 used Laguna Seca for some reason. I think they have raced there in the past, just not anymore.
    Ah okay. I don't think F1 is allowed to have more than one race in any particular country - I could be wrong, but I believe it is an FIA rule, I know V8 Supercars has that rule (although allowed to have as many races as possible in Australia). If that's the case - which I think it may be - then the reason we have had two races in Spain the past two years is because Catalunya is the Spanish GP and Valencia is the European GP - it was the same when they had Hockenheim and Nürburgring at the same time. I'll have to look it up.

  9. #189
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Jolly Old England
    Posts
    24,102
    vCash
    1500
    Do you guys have any problems with the stewards in F1 '11? They've really irritated me in my last couple of races. In Turkey during a practice session, someone clipped me as I'm speeding along the really long straight with the slight bend. Because I was going at least 170mph, when the guy clipped me I went flying off the track and ending my session, but he didn't get a penalty. Then during the race, Vettel is lapping me so I slow down and stay on the edge of the track going around the corners but for some reason he doesn't go past and I get a drive through penalty for holding him up. In the end that one didn't matter too much because I was over a minute ahead of the next car and at least a minute behind the one in front of me.

    In Spain I was absolutely screwed though. During one of the first few laps, Pastor Maldonado went off the track shortly before the chicane, and came back on into traffic. When he re-entered the track he went straight into the side of me, knocking me off the track and back a few positions, but he got no penalty. Still, I was having an absolute screamer of a race (in my opinion) and worked back up the field . I was in 12th ahead of Adrian Sutil and a few seconds behind Pastor Maldonado, and Sutil is really pushing to get past me. Going around one of the really long corners early in the lap, I'm sticking to the racing line and going really quick, with Sutil right next to me. Then he swerves left and back to the right, into me, and knocks me off the track (I'm lucky I didn't have to retire), but he got no ****ing penalty

    I never caught back up with 12th place (I was already punching well above my weight), by the time I'd pitted (to replace my front wing) I was well back. Still, I was able to battle for positions 14-16, and was holding my own. I was in a battle with Rubens Barrichello and Vitaly Petrov and trying to make my way past Jerome d'Ambrosio, who was a lap behind. He let me past but then goes into my slip stream and for some reason starts pulling alongside me going into a corner, as if he's trying get back in front of me (despite him being a lap back). As I turn into the corner, there is contact between my back wheel and his front wing. d'Ambrosio lost part of his wing but stayed on the track, and I AM HIT WITH A DRIVE THROUGH PENALTY

    After all that I finished in 18th, which usually would be a great result but considering the ******** penalty and non-penalties, I feel absolutely robbed.

  10. #190
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3,480
    vCash
    500
    I've never had something like that happen to me, normally I'm pretty much at fault for my penalties. But yeah, I've had the same experience when overtaking drivers a lap down and then they're trying to overtake me again. I think the other drivers are a bit too perfect, they are always perfectly on the racing line and they don't ever really make any mistakes unless it's because of me. But still an overall great game.

  11. #191
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3,480
    vCash
    500
    I got Xbox Live so PM me your gamertag and we can race against, or with, each other.

  12. #192
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Jolly Old England
    Posts
    24,102
    vCash
    1500
    I'm on PS3 I'm afraid. If anyone who visits this thread happens to be on PS3, my PSN is Wilson52Funk.

    How are you guys on Monte Carlo by the way? I just retired from it, I couldn't drive it at all because I suck.

  13. #193
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3,480
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilson View Post
    I'm on PS3 I'm afraid. If anyone who visits this thread happens to be on PS3, my PSN is Wilson52Funk.

    How are you guys on Monte Carlo by the way? I just retired from it, I couldn't drive it at all because I suck.
    I crashed out, caught the front left on the corner outside the tunnel and took it off. I wasn't going so well up to that point either.

  14. #194
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    24,247
    vCash
    1500
    Monte Carlo is a fanastic track, I love it. I do every lap. The best car setup I've come across for it is the one made by a guy called Crimson Knight on the "website-we-dare-not mention".

    BTW, my gamertag is RnR2334 (Xbox)

  15. #195
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3,480
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by LegendX View Post
    Monte Carlo is a fanastic track, I love it. I do every lap. The best car setup I've come across for it is the one made by a guy called Crimson Knight on the "website-we-dare-not mention".

    BTW, my gamertag is RnR2334 (Xbox)
    I'll add you now. Yeah I love Monte Carlo, fun track but there's not much margin for error.
    Last edited by BirdIsTheWord; 10-26-2011 at 01:30 AM.

Page 13 of 94 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •