Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 94 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: Formula 1

vCash
    Should have been a penalty on Vettel. He definitely cut-off Button, IMO.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BirdIsTheWord View Post
    Yeah, I have a hard time feeling sorry for Hamilton.
    Yeah don't feel too sorry for him at all, especially after just watching him make contact with Massa which was unnecessary, going into a turn or not, Hamilton should've seen him.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilson View Post
    I read that Hamilton claimed was trying to leave a gap between himself and Button who was ahead of him, and initially he felt that Webber and Schumacher. However, later in the day Hamilton took responsibility and said that everyone was just trying to get over the line for their last Q lap before the time ran out.

I think the claim that he was attacked just came in frustration because he can't seem to get anything going, which doesn't make it right but at least he came out and took responsibility.

I'm going to be recording the race, it's 5:45 AM here and it starts soon. I'll watch it this afternoon probably.
    Yeah I'm actually sort of surprised Hamilton accepted responsibility considering how dejected he looked at the end of qualifying.

That was easily a penalty, surprised noohing was done about it, also annoyed that at the moment nothing has been said about Hamilton connecting with Massa. Don't care if he gets punished or not, but considering who it is, it should be reviewed.

Edit: after having said that it returns to the racing from advertisement and now the incident is under review.

Edit: no further action, wonder if he'll get a warning though?
    Last edited by LegendX; 10-09-2011 at 02:52 AM.

vCash
    Button wins, Vettel back-to-back world champion.
    Top 4 within 10 seconds of each other, would have been interesting to see how the Red Bulls would have went if they weren't told to hold position towards the end. Great race anyway.

vCash
    Yeah awesome race. I'm going to hold judgement on just how great Vettel is until the end of next season. Alonso won two back-to-back and I'm pretty sure he was the you get at the time, while he's still a great driver - I personally think he's the best in the world, he just doesn't have the car to prove it - he just hasn't been able to push it much further. Still, Vettel is a fantastic driver and well deserved Championship win - even though I think Horner is a complete wanker, does anyone else get that vibe?

Now to enjoy the race for second between Button, Alonso, Hamilton and Webber.

Gotta say, Button's girlfriend is hot, lol.

Finally, Bird, what platform do you play F1 on? If it's Xbox we should race

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LegendX View Post
    Yeah awesome race. I'm going to hold judgement on just how great Vettel is until the end of next season. Alonso won two back-to-back and I'm pretty sure he was the you get at the time, while he's still a great driver - I personally think he's the best in the world, he just doesn't have the car to prove it - he just hasn't been able to push it much further. Still, Vettel is a fantastic driver and well deserved Championship win - even though I think Horner is a complete wanker, does anyone else get that vibe?

Now to enjoy the race for second between Button, Alonso, Hamilton and Webber.

Gotta say, Button's girlfriend is hot, lol.

Finally, Bird, what platform do you play F1 on? If it's Xbox we should race
    The race for second should be terrific, hopefully Red Bull focus on Webber for once.

I've got it on Xbox 360 but I don't have Xbox Live or whatever you need to race against others.

vCash
    I thought so as well but when I saw the view from behind (from Hamilton's car) it looked as though Button should have just pulled back a bit earlier and held onto second.

It was the same kind of thing in the Hamilton-Massa incident I think, although I honestly can't remember if Hamilton changed his line or what.

My favourite part of the race was when Button, Vettel, Alonso and the McLaren engineer were sat in the room after the race. Button asked Vettel if he saw him at the start of the race, Vettel said something (didn't catch what), Button says "So that's how we're racing?" and Vettel challenged him to a re-start Love the competitiveness.

Button wins, Vettel back-to-back world champion.
    Top 4 within 10 seconds of each other, would have been interesting to see how the Red Bulls would have went if they weren't told to hold position towards the end. Great race anyway.
    Yeah the Vettel/Webber relationship really bugs me. Obviously today it wouldn't have made a difference, but throughout the season it certainly gives Vettel an unfair advantage because whenever Webber is behind him, Vettel essentially has a body guard protecting him from being overtaken.

It was great to see Button win and keep his cool after the early controversy. If that was Hamilton you figure he probably would have gotten frustrated and lost it a bit; Button doesn't ever seem to lose his focus though.

I loved the battle between Button and Alonso at the end, they both had amazing drives and Alonso was insane at the end. Congratulations to Button

vCash
    Been doing some searching and the only dates I can find for the Senna release are November 5 and December 1.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LegendX View Post
    Been doing some searching and the only dates I can find for the Senna release are November 5 and December 1.
    Have you seen it? I haven't but as soon as it's out on DVD I'll certainly be picking it up. Been watching the Top Gear tribute to Senna and he really was a phenomenal driver and person.

vCash
    Hamilton on pole. Was fun to watch everybody try and match him but only to see them get second and then for the next car to come by and take second. If I heard correctly, this is the first race where Red Bull hasn't started from pole.

vCash
    Also found out that Senna will likely be released late October, I can't wait

vCash
    1 3 Lewis Hamilton McLaren-Mercedes
    2 1 Sebastian Vettel RBR-Renault
    3 4 Jenson Button McLaren-Mercedes
    4 2 Mark Webber RBR-Renault
    5 6 Felipe Massa Ferrari
    6 5 Fernando Alonso Ferrari
    7 8 Nico Rosberg Mercedes
    8 10 Vitaly Petrov Renault 1
    9 15 Paul di Resta Force India-Mercedes
    10 14 Adrian Sutil Force India-Mercedes
    11 19 Jaime Alguersuari STR-Ferrari
    12 7 Michael Schumacher Mercedes
    13 18 Sebastien Buemi STR-Ferrari
    14 16 Kamui Kobayashi Sauber-Ferrari
    15 9 Bruno Senna Renault
    16 12 Pastor Maldonado Williams-Cosworth
    17 17 Sergio Perez Sauber-Ferrari
    18 11 Rubens Barrichello Williams-Cosworth
    19 20 Heikki Kovalainen Lotus-Renault
    20 21 Jarno Trulli Lotus-Renault
    21 24 Timo Glock Virgin-Cosworth
    22 25 Jerome d'Ambrosio Virgin-Cosworth
    23 23 Vitantonio Liuzzi HRT-Cosworth
    DNQ 22 Daniel Ricciardo HRT-Cosworth

vCash
    Going to be hard to beat Lewis tomorrow, he certainly looked the quickest and it showed with pole but you never know. Hoping for another good race like Japan GP last week.

vCash
    Just watched the qualifying, it's fantastic to see Lewis getting on the camera for positive reasons this time, what an awesome drive from him. I hope he can keep it up tomorrow. Would like to see Button pip Vettel for second place too.

vCash
    Once Vettel has the lead I don't think it's possible for him to be caught. Loved the battle between Hamilton and Webber. Another great race.

vCash
    I just want next season to begin Although I do love the Brazilian GP.

Page 11 of 94 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast