Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 61 of 94 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast

Thread: Formula 1

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Utd7 View Post
    Season just ended and I miss F1 already
    Haha I know me too. It's the first time I've watched every race in a season.

After the Brazilian Grand Prix someone mentioned it's three months til winter testing and I was like 'Great! Can't wait for that!'

vCash
    Any one here know much about Esteban Gutiérrez.

vCash
    ^^^Only that he's Mexican and partnering with Hulkenberg in the Sauber.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BirdIsTheWord View Post
    Any one here know much about Esteban Gutiérrez.
    Peter Sauber has always had a knack for finding great young talent (Perez, Massa and Räikkonen last ones to come to my mind).
    Sure, Sauber was forced to hire him as they have a huge Mexican sponsor but I really believe Gutierrez will do just fine. He had great drives in GP3 and GP2 so expect him to give Hülkenberg some tough time in the second half of the season.

vCash
    2013 season changes

DRS use
    For safety reasons, in 2013 drivers are only be able to utilise the Drag Reduction System (DRS) overtaking aid within the designated DRS zones during practice and qualifying. Previously drivers had been free to deploy the system as they pleased in these sessions.

Active double-DRS systems outlawed
    In 2012 Mercedes developed a clever concept whereby air was channelled through an opening in the rear-wing endplate when DRS was activated and then fed through the car to help stall the front wing. For 2013 active drag reducing systems involving the DRS, such as this, have been banned.

Stepped noses
    Teams have the option of tidying up the aesthetics of their cars in 2013 with the introduction of new regulations aimed at improving the look of ‘ugly’ stepped noses first seen in 2012. A small piece of laminate - nicknamed a ‘modesty' or 'vanity' panel - may now be used to smooth the nose section.

Crash testing
    To make F1 cars ever safer, tougher new tests on roll structures and the survival cell have been introduced for 2013. Furthermore, every chassis that a team produces, as opposed to just one, will now be subject to a static load test of the survival cell.

Curfews
    The team personnel curfew - which prevents team members from being in the paddock during specified periods - has been extended from six to eight hours on Thursday nights for 2013. The number of exceptions allowed during a season has also been reduced from four to two.

Front wing tests
    For 2013 front wing deflection tests will be more stringent to lessen the possibility of flexible bodywork being used to enhance aerodynamic performance.

Minimum weight
    The minimum weight of the car and driver has been increased from 640kg to 642kg to compensate for the slightly increased weight of Pirelli's 2013 tyres. The mandatory weight distribution has also been adjusted accordingly.

Force majeure
    The ‘force majeure’ allowance relating to when a car stops on the track during qualifying has been deleted from the regulations. For 2013 any car that stops on the track must have enough fuel for the mandatory one-litre minimum sample plus an additional amount proportional to the amount of fuel that would have been used in returning to the pits (determined by the FIA).

Qualifying
    Not an actual regulation change, but as the official 2013 entry list comprises 22 cars - two fewer than in 2012 - six cars rather than seven will now be eliminated at the end of both Q1 and Q2.

Championship entry fees
    Championship entry fees have been revised. Red Bull, as constructors’ champions, were required to pay US$500,000 plus US$6000 for each point gained in the 2012 World Constructors’ Championship to enter the 2013 championship. Every other team was required to pay a basic fee of US$500,000 plus US$5000 for each point scored in 2012.
    Not much going on in here at the moment so thought I'd post the changes for 2013. Nothing major though.

vCash
    Do any of you guys play F1 2012? I really like it but I suck at it. Really, really suck. I can't seem to stay within even a couple of seconds of the leaders lap times, and once the pack spreads out I tend to find myself 20+ seconds behind the next car, with a never ending procession of cars coming from 10+ seconds behind me to eventually overtake within a few laps, one after the other. I'm driving a Force India so I shouldn't be sucking this badly

I've got it on pretty much the same settings as I did on last year's version, where I won back-to-back championships in the Lotus-Renult. I can't understand it.
    Last edited by Wilson; 01-10-2013 at 06:16 PM.

vCash
    ^^^I play it and turn off the assists to add to the difficulty. Driving an F1 car without traction control and abs but still having to push makes it challenging. I'm in year 4 in career mode with Ferrari.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Utd7 View Post
    ^^^I play it and turn off the assists to add to the difficulty. Driving an F1 car without traction control and abs but still having to push makes it challenging. I'm in year 4 in career mode with Ferrari.
    I can manage without ABS and did go without traction control for a while. I can manage without traction control on a dry track but I suck a lot of penis on a wet track, I can't keep the car facing the right way ever. It annoys me because I dominated in wet/changing conditions in the last game

vCash
    When driving in the wet and the car is about to spin out I gently hit the brakes and correct the car and it keeps me from spinning out. I loose a **** load of time but I don't mind I love the challenge!

vCash
    Cannot wait for February 1st, Ferrari announces their 2013 car.

vCash
    I wonder how many teams will use that screen to cover up the 'boxer's nose'? It might just be extra weight if it doesn't serve an aerodynamic purpose though

I bet Red Bull will make it useful somehow though

vCash
    Pedro de la Rosa is now Ferrari's simulation & development driver:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/105129

Oh, and...as I always said...

Ferrari rule out Alonso/Vettel super team: http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/105137

Ferrari has ruled out the prospect of a 'dream team' line-up of Fernando Alonso and Sebastian Vettel.

The Italian outfit has made no secret of the fact that Vettel is a driver that it is interested in for the future when Alonso retires, but there has been speculation that the world champion could do a deal even sooner and race alongside the Spaniard.

Speaking at Ferrari's Wrooom media event at Madonna di Campiglio in Italy on Wednesday, team principal Stefano Domenicali reckoned having two top talents like Alonso and Vettel would not necessarily be a good thing.
    Last edited by LegendX; 01-16-2013 at 06:45 AM.

vCash
    soooo pumped for the season, cant wait!!

RaptorsMaple LeafssVikingsssBlue JayssInterTFC

vCash
    One of the few rule changes this year has been that teams are allowed to use what has become known as a "vanity panel" to disguise the ugly steps on the top of the noses that drew criticism last year.

But the new E21 did feature a step on the nose in the area of the front tyres, although it is more elegantly implemented than many in 2012.

Allison said: "We have not done it yet because the cosmetic panel would weigh a few grams and with a Formula 1 car putting a few grams on that you don't need to is anathema.

"But if we find a cosmetic panel that looks nice but much more importantly and crucially gains us a bit of downforce we'll pop it on quick as you like."
    BBC.co.uk (click link for full article about the Lotus launch)

Not surprised that they left out the 'vanity panel', hopefully some teams will start using them before the end of the season though. I got used to the boxer's noses and they didn't really bother me after a while, but it would be nice to get proper looking Formula 1 cars back

vCash
    Almost time for the F138 presentation!!!

Page 61 of 94 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast