Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 16 of 94 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast

Thread: Formula 1

vCash
    Guys, are any of the users on 'that' website more trustworthy than others? I just used the set-up posted there for Istanbul in the Williams car and it absolutely sucked. It made me slower in the corners, my brakes locked up the second I touched them and I had almost zero grip in the corners. Really annoying.

EDIT: I'm actually at a bit of a loss with the game at the moment. I've done three races since joining Williams and won two by over 40 seconds (despite having to make an extra pit stop in one because of a puncture), so I've put the AI difficulty up a bit. Now I can't get higher than 17th in practice and can't keep up with even the Lotus or HRTs on the straights. So I seem to have the choice of dominating and it being boring or being dominated and it being boring
    Last edited by Wilson; 11-08-2011 at 12:51 PM.

vCash
    I normally write a few down and tinker with them to get the best set-up.

Yeah sometimes it's a bit weird for me too. I won at Singapore by over a minute but now at Suzuka (I've kept the difficulty the same) they just seem a lot better. I'll admit I'm not the best at Suzuka but there still seems like a difference.

vCash
    I'm calling it, another Vettel win leading from start to finish.

vCash
    Not seen qualifying yet but I read that it's Vettel leading Hamilton. I hope Lewis kept himself out of trouble for once.

I read that both McLarens did well in practice so hopefully Button has a good starting spot. I'll watch the qualifying later tonight.

vCash
    These late races (here in Australia anyway) are killing me. I wouldn't mind going to bed. I just might if Vettel is way out in front by lap 10.

vCash
    Vettel puncture! I shouldn't be this happy.

vCash
    Awesome to see Lewis finish first. He had a lot of luck with Vettel's puncture but either way Lewis kept out of trouble and drove like he was driving before this season. I wonder if he would have been able to keep up if Vettel didn't retire though.

I hope Ferrari get their act together next season because Fernando Alonso seems to be a great driver. I think both him and Lewis can challenge for the title next season if Ferrari get sorted out and Lewis drives consistently at his best.

It's been a great weekend with England beating champion of the world Spain and Lewis Hamilton winning a Grand Prix

vCash
    Man, another huge victory at Suzuka, I think I might have to change the difficulty up to Legendary. Have you guys finished a season yet and if yes which team did you change to? (if you did change) Just got an offer from Sauber which is the best I've gotten so far.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BirdIsTheWord View Post
    Man, another huge victory at Suzuka, I think I might have to change the difficulty up to Legendary. Have you guys finished a season yet and if yes which team did you change to? (if you did change) Just got an offer from Sauber which is the best I've gotten so far.
    I went through a whole season with Team Lotus and changed to Williams at the end of the season. I think the offers from Red Bull, McLaren and Ferrari will come later in your career when your reputation is higher.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilson View Post
    I went through a whole season with Team Lotus and changed to Williams at the end of the season. I think the offers from Red Bull, McLaren and Ferrari will come later in your career when your reputation is higher.
    Yeah I don't expect any offers from them yet, and even Lotus-Renault and Mercedes shouldn't be 'til the end of my next season atleast. I'm with Force India at the moment, 3 races left in the season. Williams offered me a contract but pulled out after Singapore. Got offers from all the scrub teams. I'll probably end up going to Sauber by seasons end, they're a pretty good team.

vCash
    So, less than a week til the end of the season. Who you think takes the 'best of the rest' title?
    I'm going with Alonso, just for the fact that Interlagos suits him better than Button I think.

vCash
    Alonso deserves it, he's driven great in a car that clearly isn't as good as the Red Bulls or McLarens.

I hope the British guys can finish strong.

vCash
    I'm obviously going with Alonso as "best of the rest", even if he finishes behind Button.

I'm excited for the Brazillian GP but it starts at 3am and I'll either be too drunk to watch, too hungover or passed out so I won't get to watch it. I love the Brazillian track, one of my favorites, obviously I want Alonso to win but I would probably be happier to see Massa win at home. I think the only thing to rival a Ferrari win at Monza is a Brazillian win at Interlagos.

vCash
    Stopped watching when Vettel stringed like 5 victories out of like the first 6 or 7 races of the season. Unreal.. NO COMPETITION IMHO. F1 is all about the money.

Missed the Schumi-Hakkinen duels though

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JJ_JKidd View Post
    Stopped watching when Vettel stringed like 5 victories out of like the first 6 or 7 races of the season. Unreal.. NO COMPETITION IMHO. F1 is all about the money.

Missed the Schumi-Hakkinen duels though
    Everyone's been saying things like this this season. I think it's dumb. This time last season there were something like five drivers who could have won the championship on the last day of the season. Vettel and Red Bull have dominated this season but it's a complete opposite of what happened just one year ago. Considering how close McLaren have been at the end of this season, the improvements we know teams like Ferrari, Renault and Williams will make, and the continued growth of teams like Force India and Toro Rosso, we can definitely expect a much more competitive season next year.
    Last edited by Wilson; 11-23-2011 at 01:23 AM.

Page 16 of 94 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast