Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 94 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Formula 1

vCash

Formula 1

Hello everyone, I'm curious to know if there are any Formula 1 fans on PSD. I've tried to start watching it again recently and am fairly unknowledgeable, although I am enjoying it.

Any other fans here?

vCash
    I have watched formula 1 from 1997 season.

Always have been a Mclaren supporter, and Hamilton is my favourite driver right now.

Quote Originally Posted by NYSpirit1 View Post
    The Knicks were never this bad of a team. They always have been a 48-50 win team stuck in what was a 21-40 team's body.

vCash
    Nice one

I've gravitated towards the British drivers, I already knew Hamilton just from seeing the news over the past few years. It's good to see Button doing well too.

It looks like Hamilton has lost any chance of the driver's championship after his accident yesterday though, what did you make of that? Was it Hamilton's or the other driver's fault?

vCash
    I havent watched it, but it looks like great racing, i never know when its on
    Kaleb Tarczewski Watch 2013
    FG%: 54.9 Pts: 10.0 Reb: 6.5 Blk: 1.0

Florida Gators. Arizona Wildcats. New England Patriots. Boston Bruins. Boston Celtics. Boston Red Sox. #14 Tony Stewart. #42 Kyle Larson

Follow me on Twitter @derrike
    2013 PSD Patriots Forum Fantasy Football Champion

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilson View Post
    Nice one

I've gravitated towards the British drivers, I already knew Hamilton just from seeing the news over the past few years. It's good to see Button doing well too.

It looks like Hamilton has lost any chance of the driver's championship after his accident yesterday though, what did you make of that? Was it Hamilton's or the other driver's fault?
    hamilton has had a lot of bad luck this year, but that crash was just a racing accident.

The chase for driver's championship was over like couple of races ago though imo.

Quote Originally Posted by NYSpirit1 View Post
    The Knicks were never this bad of a team. They always have been a 48-50 win team stuck in what was a 21-40 team's body.

vCash
    Lewis has taken full responsibility for the accident:

Lewis Hamilton has apologised to his McLaren team and taken the blame for his crash with Kamui Kobayshi's Sauber that ended his Belgian Grand Prix.

"After watching the replay, I realize it was my fault today 100%. I didn't give Kobayashi enough room though I thought I was past," he Tweeted.

"Apologies to Kamui and to my team. The team deserves better from me."

Team-mate Jenson Button, who came third from 13th on the grid, said "little mistakes" cost him a chance of victory.

Hamilton crashed out after colliding with Kobayashi into the braking zone for Les Combes, having just passed the Japanese driver up the hill for fourth position.

It was the 2008 world champion's second retirement of his season after a coming-together with Button in June had brought his Canadian Grand Prix to an early end.

Immediately after the incident in Spa, before revising his opinion online, Hamilton said he did not believe he was culpable for his most recent collision.

"I'm not really quite sure [what happened] to be honest," Hamilton said. "I just remember hitting the wall pretty hard.

"It's a bit unfortunate for the team, we were in a good position and as far as I was concerned I was ahead of whoever it was I was racing and then I just got hit by them and that was my race over. That's motor racing. There has been a lot of races where we haven't finished this year, so that's just another one of them."

The race stewards - who included 1992 world champion Nigel Mansell - decided to take no further action regarding the collision.

On Saturday Button had blamed a "miscommunication" with his team for his poor qualifying result, saying he chose to cool his tyres, not realising he did not have time to do another flying lap in the second phase of qualifying.

"A misunderstanding in qualifying cost us a lot of points," said Button. "If we can stop the little mistakes happening we can win races."

But following the race the 2009 world champion said that even starting from 13th he could have challenged Red Bull duo, race-winner Sebastian Vettel and second-placed Mark Webber, had his car not been damaged by debris from crashes ahead of him at the first corner of the race.

"If I'd stayed in 13th at the start it would have been easier but Turn One was mayhem caused by the guys up front," said Button, who is now fourth in the championship.

"[Paul] di Resta hit my rear wing, or we collided, it damaged my rear wing, half the endplate was gone, and then driving to Eau Rouge someone's rear wing came off and went through my front wing and took the wing mirror off, which was scary.

"I wanted to pit immediately, but the guys said we needed to keep going until lap five. We did, then put options on and then it was a case of flat out for the rest of the race.

"All weekend the car felt great, the balance has been phenomenal. So it was a case of what might have been but it was a good finish to get on the podium.

"I feel confident in the car and hopefully in Monza we can be competitive."

McLaren team principal Martin Whitmarsh said Button's qualifying disaster might have cost him the win.

"Jenson's was the drive of the day," Whitmarsh said. "If we could have got him up the front of the grid where he could and should have been he would have been a contender today."

Unlike Button, Hamilton said he did not think he would have been in a position to challenge for victory.

"I think we were struggling," he said. "For whatever reason we were massively slow on the straight, massively, massively slow and I guess that's really what got us in that position [to collide] really.

"Everyone was just pulling away from me on the straights and I was only able to keep up on the infield. I think we probably had a little bit too much downforce on. Nonetheless we were in a good position still, we were still able to challenge and I got past one of the Ferraris. We maybe have been able to have at least got a podium."
    BBC.co.uk
    Last edited by Wilson; 08-29-2011 at 08:36 PM.

vCash
    Monza this weekend, anyone watching?

I'll probably end up missing the qualifying but I'm going to be flicking between the race and the football on during the day. Or I might record the qualifying and race and watch them on Monday.

It's a pretty nice track as well.

vCash
    Hey Wilson thanks for the message. Nice to see a few F1 fans on PSD. I'm a fan of Mark Webber (he's Australian, I'm Australian, so of course) myself and the Red Bull team in general. Fairly new to watching it, this being my first season really getting into it and have been really enjoying it. Hope more fans post here in the future.

vCash
    Fernando Alonso all the way

I never thought there were any F1 fans on this site other than myself.

Unfortunately it looks as if Vettel is going to win the Championship and it appears Red Bull will win the constructor's championship too. I hope Ferrari, especially Alonso, win at Monza this weekend, it's going to be a great race and am happy to see two DRS zones like in Montreal. I hope to one day go to Monza and watch the race, I'd also love to go to the Monte Carlo and Spa races one day.

I also hope Bruno Senna does well, for some reason I've always liked him and I wasn't surprised at all at how well he did at Spa.

Also, those of you that are F1 fans, if you haven't seen it or heard of it I strongly recommend watching the movie 'Senna', a movie about Ayrton Senna, Bruno's uncle.

Here's to hoping there's a Ferrarri 1 2 at Monza!

vCash
    Yeah I worry that I might have picked the wrong time to start watching with the championships looking pretty much locked up. It's still really interesting to see the work that goes into it, and I'm really amazed at how quick they can go around corners

I had a go in the Ferrari F1 car on Gran Turismo 5 and after a while I just find it impossible to keep on the track

I will be rooting for McLaren all the way

vCash
    Yeah I worry that I might have picked the wrong time to start watching with the championships looking pretty much locked up. It's still really interesting to see the work that goes into it, and I'm really amazed at how quick they can go around corners

I had a go in the Ferrari F1 car on Gran Turismo 5 and after a while I just find it impossible to keep on the track

I will be rooting for McLaren all the way
    Nah it's never too late to pick it up, even with Seb winning most of the races or making a podium finish, almost all of the races have been interesting and fun to watch.

You're also playing the wrong game if you want to drive an F1 car F1 2011 comes out in a matter of weeks - I have it pre-order - and if it's anything like 2010 it's going to be amazing - everything I've heard is that it's better, and includes the new tires, DRS, and Kers.

As for McLaren, I like Button and Hamilton but they're racing for the wrong team, so they can just come in last place for all I care And I'd be lying if I said I didn't want to see 'The Great One' win a race.

-----

Practice One: (Top 10) (too lazy to post times)

Hamilton
    Button
    Vettel
    Webber
    Sutil
    Petrov
    Alonso
    Massa
    Perez
    Alguesuari

Practice two:

Vettel
    Hamilton
    Schumacher
    Massa
    Alonso
    Webber
    Button
    Perez
    Kobayashi
    Senna

---

P3 begins in roughly 10 hours, in 13 hours qualifying begins.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LegendX View Post
    Nah it's never too late to pick it up, even with Seb winning most of the races or making a podium finish, almost all of the races have been interesting and fun to watch.

You're also playing the wrong game if you want to drive an F1 car F1 2011 comes out in a matter of weeks - I have it pre-order - and if it's anything like 2010 it's going to be amazing - everything I've heard is that it's better, and includes the new tires, DRS, and Kers.

As for McLaren, I like Button and Hamilton but they're racing for the wrong team, so they can just come in last place for all I care And I'd be lying if I said I didn't want to see 'The Great One' win a race.
    Tell me about it. I just thought I'd check it out though, I got to the point in the game where you can do the endurance races and while some of them are cool, I just don't have the time for most of them (I don't think I'll ever do the 9 hour or 24 hour ones). So I'm just trying out different cars at the moment.

I'm definitely picking up F1 2011 at some point. I don't think I'll get it as soon as it comes out, I'm a bit short of cash and I've already put some aside for Fifa

Didn't catch the practices today, definitely watching the qualifying tomorrow though.

vCash
    My friend has been pestering me to get F1 2011 when it comes out but I'm pretty low on cash but I've seen a few videos on youtube and it look amazing so I'm sure I'll pick it up eventually. As for Monza I'll miss Qualifying tonight, off to a party, but I'll definetly be watching the race tomorrow.

vCash
    Tell me about it. I just thought I'd check it out though, I got to the point in the game where you can do the endurance races and while some of them are cool, I just don't have the time for most of them (I don't think I'll ever do the 9 hour or 24 hour ones). So I'm just trying out different cars at the moment.

I'm definitely picking up F1 2011 at some point. I don't think I'll get it as soon as it comes out, I'm a bit short of cash and I've already put some aside for Fifa

Didn't catch the practices today, definitely watching the qualifying tomorrow though.

I've never played GT5 (or any of them) but yeah, I strongly suggest getting F1 2011 as soon as you can, I was in love with 2010 - which was considered the best F1 game ever - and I already have 2011 pre-ordered (and Fifa for that matter ).

Qualifying will be interesting, I'll be surprised to see Red Bull on pole position considring they have more speed in the corners rather than straight-line/top speed and Monza isn't a track you would expect Red Bull to be incredibly fast in, look for McLaren or Ferrari to get pole. With that said, nobody really expected much from Red Bull - in terms of pure speed - at Spa and yet they still did incredibly well and won.

vCash
    When I was younger I watched F1 a lot. Ferrari with Schumaccher and Berrichello were great times.

And yeah I probably spelled one of the two names wrong (at least) but I don't feel like checking it out.

Page 1 of 94 1231151 ... LastLast