Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Swan Racing's status uncertain

Lack of sponsorship could shut down Swan Racing: Swan Racing [#26-Cole Whitt & #30-Parker Kligerman] issued the following statement Thursday afternoon: "Swan Racing is in the process of reviewing its current situation and the ability to continue to compete in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series. The team has been unable to secure the kind of sponsorship required to effectively operate the team. As a result, the team management is exploring every available option. We hope to be in position to provide a detailed update in the near future."(Swan Racing)(4-17-2014)

Ricky Stenhouse, Jr.
    Roush Fenway Racing #17 Ford Fusion

2013 NASCAR Sprint Cup Rookie of the Year Winner

vCash
    50 needs to sell some more headphones

Don't Be A Lemon, Be A Rosebud!

vCash
    I could have told them that the chances of them successfully fielding two full time teams with rookie drivers weren't very good.

Ricky Stenhouse, Jr.

vCash
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...t-cup/8061283/

Swan Racing announced a restructuring Wednesday that will allow the ailing Sprint Cup team to keep its two cars on the track this season.

Anthony Marlowe, co-owner of Swan's No. 26 driven by Cole Whitt, has merged his stake with BK Racing, which has fielded two full-time entries in Cup since 2012. Whitt will remain behind the wheel of the entry starting with Saturday's Toyota Owners 400 at Richmond International Raceway.

"My mission is to ensure Cole Whitt races in every NASCAR Sprint Cup event this season," Marlowe said in a Swan release. "I am thrilled about the merger with my new partners at BK Racing. My friend Ron Devine and the BK Ownership group really stepped up to enable me to keep the No. 26 on the track."

Swan's No. 30 team has been sold to John Cohen of XxxTreme Motorsports , which has entered a No. 44 Chevrolet in four races this season but hasn't qualified yet. The team will compete with veteran driver J.J. Yeley. Stephen Lane will remain the crew chief and be joined by several former Swan Racing crew members.

A lack of sponsorship funding forced the moves by Swan Racing, which had expanded to a second car in its second full season in Sprint Cup. The team had an associate sponsorship deal with SMS Audio, a consumer electronics and headphones manufacturer founded by rapper Curtis "50 Cent" Jackson, who attended the Daytona 500.

"Over the past couple weeks, we worked tirelessly to find an alternative to ending operations," Swan Racing owner Brandon Davis said in a statement. "Fortunately, we were able to find a home for the No. 26 team and the No. 30 team thanks to Anthony Marlowe and Jonathan Cohen. Anthony and Jonathan are both young and ambitious NASCAR enthusiasts. It is important to keep them in the sport for the long term.

"I am very relieved to know that the Nos. 26 and 30 will be in good hands and will continue to compete the remainder of the 2014 season. Most importantly, most of the team members have the opportunity to continue their employment in the sport and to support their families."

Former No. 30 driver Parker Kligerman remains under contract with Swan Racing, which is exploring options to keep the driver on track. Davis said the team has been encouraged by the response to Kligerman, who finished 18th last November in his Sprint Cup debut with Swan.

"Although it's unfortunate we are having to scale back, I look forward to the future and the exciting things that I'm confident we will accomplish at Swan Racing or with another team," Kligerman said. "I value the relationship that I've had with Brandon Davis and am very grateful for him giving me an opportunity to compete in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series. Whether I continue to race with Brandon and Swan Racing or end up with another team, I will always give it my all on and off track to be the best I can be."

Ricky Stenhouse, Jr.