Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Cano Wants New Contract

I was watching the Boomer and Carton show this morning on MSG and I heard them mention, "coming up next, Cano wants out!"

Now that was a little exaggerated, but he did ask to cancel the two remaining option years on his contract and to have a new deal made.

For any of you that dont know, Scott Boras is his agent so hes going to squeeze every last cent out of Cashman that he can.

For right now though, Cashman has not returned any of Boras' calls, but hopefully thats because he wants to handle the CC situation before he even considers Cano. Anyway ill post the link to the article below so you can all check it out.

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/yanke...5AL8oGcF6P9jqL
    New York Jets
    Quote Originally Posted by CousinsEvansDUO View Post
    It's not aboutwhether you actually make the shots its about how close you are to making them.

He should, lock him up long term.

oooh i guess Cano heard me on the thread yesterday lmao i started that he should get a new contract. Like i sed i know this isnt the yankee way of doing things but i think its in the best interest of the yankees to lock him up i mean he 29 give him a long term deal for 6 to 7 years and u have locked up until 35 36 that perfect for the organization...if you keep his two option he will be 31 and then he goin to want the long term year same years he will be 38 on the downside. Its common sense people
    i love the yankee haters you make us what we are today

This isn't Football

Wait two years then you can get another contract. He wants out of his current contract and wants to paid like a free agent..hahaha...I don't think so. Wait your turn kid.

Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    Wait two years then you can get another contract. He wants out of his current contract and wants to paid like a free agent..hahaha...I don't think so. Wait your turn kid.
    so u rather wait till 31 to give him a 7 to 8 year deal. i hope ur not one of the people that complain in this site that yankees are aging and that there long term deals are killing them (jeter ,arod ,tex oh wait and prob cc )

you give a long term deal to a young star so u can get him off your books on his decline or offer less money on the next contract

29 for 7 year deal = 36 downside
    31 for 7 years deal = 38 way over downside (we talking cano i believe someone will pay that and guess what always ends up the yankees being stuck with overpaid aging player)
    i love the yankee haters you make us what we are today

pay the man
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals 21) Reds

Quote Originally Posted by thapastime7 View Post
    so u rather wait till 31 to give him a 7 to 8 year deal. i hope ur not one of the people that complain in this site that yankees are aging and that there long term deals are killing them (jeter ,arod ,tex oh wait and prob cc )

you give a long term deal to a young star so u can get him off your books on his decline or offer less money on the next contract

29 for 7 year deal = 36 downside
    31 for 7 years deal = 38 way over downside (we talking cano i believe someone will pay that and guess what always ends up the yankees being stuck with overpaid aging player)
    Yes, I would rather wait until he's 31 to give him another contract. You never know how or what is going to happen that may allow you to either get him cheaper or simply not resign him. Did you make this argument for Wang when he basically went to arbitration every yr? If you had it your way, Wang would still be getting paid about 18mill this yr.

BTW (about the bold statement), if Cano continues to hit at the pace he is, the Yanks will never release him late in his career. Cano will be pursuing 3000 hits and the Yanks will make many millions off marketing that just like they did with Jeter.

And no, I'm not one of those guys saying the Yanks have too many bad contracts on aging guys.... Many here will tell you that I was one of the FEW that defended Jeter and knew he wasn't done. Just like I believe A-Rod will be back in the All-Star Game next yr.

BTW, if doing another contract now was so advantages to the Yanks, why haven't the Yanks done it already? Think about it...Why would the worlds most greedy agent be arguing for the Yanks to do something that's good for them, instead of his client?? He isn't...
    Last edited by Bivory; 10-27-2011 at 10:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    Just like I believe A-Rod will be back in the All-Star Game next yr.
    he was an allstar this year too
    he just didnt play bc his vagina hurt
    Last edited by mttwlsn16; 10-27-2011 at 10:33 AM.

Give him the big deal now!! So he could be locked up till he is 35-36, the the team wont have to deal with a new contract till then..

Not right now he;s going to want 20+ m a yr and it will restrict us from going after other FA if we sign now. Its not like the 14m he;s making a yr now is chumo change he needs to wait his turn

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Not right now he;s going to want 20+ m a yr and it will restrict us from going after other FA if we sign now. Its not like the 14m he;s making a yr now is chumo change he needs to wait his turn
    http://images.cheezburger.com/comple...706755c301.jpg

Dustin Pedroia is making 6mill a yr and you don't see him begging for a new contract. This has Boras written all over it and I can't believe some of you agree with him....

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Agreed 100%.

The Yankees have too many pressing needs right now that they cannot afford to expend so-called luxury, pre-emptive capital.

Cano does have them over a barrel now we have to see what his character is truly like. He deserves his extension but even we have our limits on payroll flexibility.....

Any Questions?

Offer him 9 years/166,500,000 18.5 million anually. Then front load it.
    25, 25, 25, 20, 15, 15, 15, 13.5, 12

Cano is anxious for a big contract he likes to toss money around partying. We will Pay now but take a discount long term for us.

It might not be a bad talk from Boris maybe cano said I'm playing my best now, I want to be a Yankee lifer see what you can do. We don't want a disgruntled 14 million dollar cano I'd rather have a happy cano making 18.5 on average over next 9 years

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast