They say he's getting better day by day, they say he's an athlete and he'll make the transition. he says he'll make the transition and he's rough right now because he's only been standing up 3 weeks in his entire football career. I hope he does make the transition, I still remember how mario looked his sophomore year with the texans when he played with that chip and if wade can somehow get him to play with that chip again, his technique will only get better if he works very very hard at making the transition....

but what if

what if he feels the texans wont be able to afford to keep him around next season?this is his contract year, why would he work so hard to learn a new position when he can leave for big money else where? he has mentioned olb's in 3-4's are the guys getting all the big numbers now and if he wants those numbers...perhaps he realizes if he does this right he'll be worth even more....

enter brooks reed. connor barwin is playing the more athletic olb position and brooks reed could take over the mario williams elephant position. all three of them are beastly, but if brooks continues to get better all season day by day we'll have quite a player on our hands. (kubes did say he's been the one guy learning the fastest, progressng the most day by day).

I'm very intrigued by mario at olb. he's a massive figure who'll be hard to pass over...he should get more than a few batted passes, and if he can learn to leverage standing up, get that 6'6 290 from bent right with a running start noone is going to stop him from bullrushing.