Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Who is tradeable on the Coyotes?

Hey guys, I was wondering which players you guys think will be available for trading around the deadline? Will Shane Doan be available with Mueller waiting in the wings to take the "C" from him? Who would be available to make a trade for?
    ^^^Props to MJ-BULLS for the userbar!

Sig bet with IvyPickin87(Also an Avatar bet with Hawkize31): Arizona WILL beat Iowa on 09/18/10
    Sig bet with Windycityflyer and Dewsox79: The Cubs WILL have a better record in 2010 than the white sox

vCash
    There's no one in here, it's going to take months to get a few responses.

Jovo-cop, Doan and Bryzgalov should get moved for picks, but they won't.

vCash
    I think most of the Coyotes are very attractive to other teams. They are extremely young, cheap, and brimming with talent. Guys like Mueller, Hanzel, Turris, Boedker, Thikinov, and Yandle would be indemand and would probably fetch a nice return for the Yotes. Cheaper, more seasoned guys who are excellent role players like Lombardi, Upshall and Prucha would also fetch decent returns. The Coyotes would probably love to get rid of Jovonaski and Bryzgalov's contracts, but I dont see too many teams wanting them. Phoenix can actually play, they have talent, its just everything off the ice that is debilitating.

vCash
    The coyotes trading doan would be like the Avalanche trading Sakic (last year). Never will happen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CHj0dMkK6A

New Video. Isles season highlights 2011-12!

vCash
    Doan has a no-movement clause

vCash
    Coyotes are off to a nice start...look like coach Ulfy has them clicking on all cylinders...hopefully they can continue that trend and start getting some people to show up to the rink...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cessna View Post
    Coyotes are off to a nice start...look like coach Ulfy has them clicking on all cylinders...hopefully they can continue that trend and start getting some people to show up to the rink...
    Ulf is the assistant coach, Dave Tippitt is the head coach. But you are right, they are off to a great start. Shut out win at Pittsburgh was very impressive.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by crzyhawk View Post
    Doan has a no-movement clause
    Why would anyone want to play in Phoenix?

vCash
    Last edited by jmichael7753; 11-17-2009 at 07:16 PM.

vCash
    Doan wouldn't have signed a contract with a no move if he wanted out of Phoenix.

vCash
    Bruins fan popping his head in here, I just read something, I think on ESPN, that the B's were looking at trading for Mueller...just curious on your take on that...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatOdinsRaven View Post
    Bruins fan popping his head in here, I just read something, I think on ESPN, that the B's were looking at trading for Mueller...just curious on your take on that...
    Hmmm interesting to know what the deal would be...i had high hopes for Muells but he just seems to have taken steps back since his rookie year. He is still young and still has upside so i would give him another year to see if he can start turning it around, if not id ship him out at the trade deadline next year see what you can get for him and maybe a change of scenery will do him well. What would you be willing to give up for him?

vCash
    Leafs fan here just wondering what is going on with Turris?
    JAYS RAPSLEAFSRAIDERS

(disclaimer:
    All opinions are just out of my head and in no way can be taken as fact until they happen
    )

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost dog View Post
    Leafs fan here just wondering what is going on with Turris?
    Nothing new has taken place with Turris since July when he asked for a trade. His agent says this is because he desires a fresh start and the Coyotes system isn't a good fit for him. It is true that the Coyotes play a defensive system, but he was looking at a huge increases in ice time this season. He is the third center on the depth chart (behind Langkow and Hanzel) but Tippett seldom puts his 4th line on ice, so the 3rd line gets about 15 minutes a game. Turris would have played with Boedker for sure, because they have shown chemistry both in the AHL and last year with Phoenix, and probably Pyatt or Torres.

I believe Turris just wants out of Phoenix because he thinks in a bigger market he could get more attention. He was drafted 3rd overall and has done nothing. Kane and JVR were drafted ahead of him and both have huge contracts and are key members of their clubs. Turris is only 22 and has the ability to be that guy for Phoenix in a season or two. The coyotes top line are all over 35, so patience would have paid off. That is why I see his trade request as a sign of immaturity.

Maloney is trying to teach him a lesson now. He knows that if Turris is traded they aren't going to get anything of real value for a guy who puts up 25 points and then holds out. So now it is just awkward. Turris still believes he has some sort of leverage when the Coyotes don't care about him anymore. They may trade him by the end of November, but only if someone offers more than he is worth. Don't expect Maloney to take a low draft pick for him. Heck The way NYR is playing, and Maloney's relationship with Sather, I am expecting the Rangers to throw some draft picks in Phoenix's direction come November.