Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 186
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    22,658
    vCash
    1500

    Trade Deadline Thread 2.0

    Just continue the conversations here

    Thread #1
    __________________________________._________

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Cypress,CA
    Posts
    1,732
    vCash
    1500
    Wow, I don't know where to start because 99% of this is wrong. Better get to work and number this crap out, so much wrong, so little time.

    1) http://www.csnchicago.com/07/28/11/A...399&feedID=619

    He plays CF as well.

    2) The Indians farm system > Angels farm system, by a lot.

    3) Yet he's the top prospect in the Giant's organization that's filled with great pitching.

    4) Hrm, better season? Better pull up those stats again because Ramirez has better stats in a position that has been extremely weak this year.

    5) I am aware. I guess you're not aware that Betemit is only a super-utility infielder? And the fact they gave up nothing to get him (my bad, I almost left it at that, but considering the comments, I better spell it out, they gave up nothing to get him, meaning they still have plenty left to actually spend for an upgrade at 3rd).

    6) I bet you're aware the only reason the Angel's farm system was in people's top 10s was because the #1 prospect, Mike Trout was being considered a prospect. Now that he's no longer a prospect and will be used as an everyday player on the Angels (soon) expect a big drop. I guess this caught you by surprise? lol...
    hmmm the fact is that Beltran is playing way better then Ramirez this year and the Giants were down right desperate to get Beltran. Hence the reason they over payed and gave them a top pitching prospect. They didn't have to and thats what the Phillies and Braves did by not budging and the Giants did and know he is in SF.

    Ramirez will be handled a utility guy who can play multiple positions and some type of pitching prospect because that is what the Cubs need more of. No team will give one of their top 5 prospects for Ramirez for two reasons.
    1) No team would give up a top 5 prospects when they have to pay a crap load of money just to have them on their team. Wouldn't do a club by taking off a butt load of money for a team and then give them one of their best prospects.
    2) A guy who is a rental in his 30's, scheduled to automatically make 16M next year, and no team is desperate enough for a 3B.

    No team, not even the Mariners or A's would give a top 5 prospect. Any body who says a team would knows nothing about baseball and how it works.


    Also to address the situation about our farm. Our AAA is weak yes, but most of our good prospects aren't ready to be in the majors until a couple years so therefore they aren't as appealing to a team who would want a guy like Trout or a guy like Richards who is destroying AA. Yet i mentioned two great prospects and you yourself names 2 additonal!

    Yet we still have a horrible farm that will be in the top 10 this year and at least the next 3 bearing we don't ship it away. Don't come in here trying to tell us we don't even know our own players and that you know way more then our OWN farm system and how you would make the Angels do business.
    MIKE TROUT FOR MVP!!!!!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Cypress,CA
    Posts
    1,732
    vCash
    1500
    The Phillies have been Pence's most serious suitor and the Braves have a high level of interest as well, according to Ken Rosenthal and Jon Paul Morosi of FOX Sports. The Angels aren't seriously pursuing Pence and the Astros may be reluctant to trade Pence to the Reds and Pirates, two NL Central rivals.
    Can't really see how the Angels could be interested. Don't get me wrong, Pence is a magnificent player but wouldn't trade prospects for him. Could give a boost in the offense, just wouldn't move Bourjos and others for him.
    MIKE TROUT FOR MVP!!!!!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,350
    vCash
    1500
    Wow thats odd didnt know we were interested
    Haters Gon' Hate

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    443
    vCash
    1500
    theres really no one guy i would like to trade for unless its prospects and well yeah we need some more farm pieces

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    1,175
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Halopower31 View Post
    hmmm the fact is that Beltran is playing way better then Ramirez this year and the Giants were down right desperate to get Beltran. Hence the reason they over payed and gave them a top pitching prospect. They didn't have to and thats what the Phillies and Braves did by not budging and the Giants did and know he is in SF.

    Ramirez will be handled a utility guy who can play multiple positions and some type of pitching prospect because that is what the Cubs need more of. No team will give one of their top 5 prospects for Ramirez for two reasons.
    1) No team would give up a top 5 prospects when they have to pay a crap load of money just to have them on their team. Wouldn't do a club by taking off a butt load of money for a team and then give them one of their best prospects.
    2) A guy who is a rental in his 30's, scheduled to automatically make 16M next year, and no team is desperate enough for a 3B.

    No team, not even the Mariners or A's would give a top 5 prospect. Any body who says a team would knows nothing about baseball and how it works.


    Also to address the situation about our farm. Our AAA is weak yes, but most of our good prospects aren't ready to be in the majors until a couple years so therefore they aren't as appealing to a team who would want a guy like Trout or a guy like Richards who is destroying AA. Yet i mentioned two great prospects and you yourself names 2 additonal!

    Yet we still have a horrible farm that will be in the top 10 this year and at least the next 3 bearing we don't ship it away. Don't come in here trying to tell us we don't even know our own players and that you know way more then our OWN farm system and how you would make the Angels do business.
    1) Beltran has more RBIs, and Rs. The big reason why? He had Reyes hitting in front of him. Ramirez has more HRs, a higher BA, and /~ RBIs from a weaker team (Mets>Cubs 1-4). Ramirez is doing that from 3B.

    2) The Angels are just as desperate because if you guys don't do something big, you're going to fall out of contention.

    3) The Cubs are willing to pay Ramirez's salary if it means better prospects. They just did that exact same thing for Fukudome. You act like they are a small market team or something. The Cubs aren't. They want quality prospects, they don't care all that much about the money. The Cubs have a ton of quality middle IF prospect in the minors. You think they're going to take spare change for Ramirez (they don't even need, and wouldn't make them any better)? Wow...

    4) Teams that are struggling for a playoff spot aren't exactly in the strongest position. If the Angels are going to contend they'll need to do something...

    5) The Angel's system is nowhere good as you suggest. True, 1 Prospect doesn't make a system, but Trout isn't exactly a normal prospect. He's the BEST prospect, even better than Harper. When BA rankings come out, the Angels will be lucky if they are even near Baseball America's top 10. Especially after this years draft. I was responding to a comment from a person who said 0 top prospects would be included in the deal. 0. So if I put it on a little strong, you'll understand. At the same time, the Angel's don't have the strongest farm system. What you do have is quality top 10 prospects, but beyond you're top 10 prospects, you guys don't have much.

    6) Right, I shouldn't come on here to tell you about your own players. I came on here to tell you about that the Cubs could remotely be interested in. I hear 0 top prospects, and crappy utility players <sigh>.
    †

    "But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it."

    - Romans 8:25

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,939
    vCash
    1500
    LOl

    few things

    we soo desperate to make the playoffs. LOL. last i checked we 2 games out.

    Also assuming your a cubs fan i understand that you are happy with playoffs we aint. we not going to sell our whole farm to get to playoffs.

    you win it or dont. heck even if we dont make moves we still in it. heck the dog days havent even started for texas.


    but anyways you sound like broken record. if angels have such a bad minor league why you wasting your time here? move to another teams board that has better minor league team .

    top 5 prospect for a 30+ dude. ROFL.
    ya sure

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Cypress,CA
    Posts
    1,732
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    1) Beltran has more RBIs, and Rs. The big reason why? He had Reyes hitting in front of him. Ramirez has more HRs, a higher BA, and /~ RBIs from a weaker team (Mets>Cubs 1-4). Ramirez is doing that from 3B.

    2) The Angels are just as desperate because if you guys don't do something big, you're going to fall out of contention.

    3) The Cubs are willing to pay Ramirez's salary if it means better prospects. They just did that exact same thing for Fukudome. You act like they are a small market team or something. The Cubs aren't. They want quality prospects, they don't care all that much about the money. The Cubs have a ton of quality middle IF prospect in the minors. You think they're going to take spare change for Ramirez (they don't even need, and wouldn't make them any better)? Wow...

    4) Teams that are struggling for a playoff spot aren't exactly in the strongest position. If the Angels are going to contend they'll need to do something...

    5) The Angel's system is nowhere good as you suggest. True, 1 Prospect doesn't make a system, but Trout isn't exactly a normal prospect. He's the BEST prospect, even better than Harper. When BA rankings come out, the Angels will be lucky if they are even near Baseball America's top 10. Especially after this years draft. I was responding to a comment from a person who said 0 top prospects would be included in the deal. 0. So if I put it on a little strong, you'll understand. At the same time, the Angel's don't have the strongest farm system. What you do have is quality top 10 prospects, but beyond you're top 10 prospects, you guys don't have much.

    6) Right, I shouldn't come on here to tell you about your own players. I came on here to tell you about that the Cubs could remotely be interested in. I hear 0 top prospects, and crappy utility players <sigh>.

    Your right the same crappy team that no body thought was even going to be close to the Oakland A's when it came to this time is in face only 2GM behind the Texas Rangers.

    We have the green light to increase payroll to add gys like Ramirez or Heath Bell. We don't have to and but we might. Even if we stand pat, we will be in contention and know body knows how of the end of the season will play out.

    Angels farm system is so crappy that we are ranked 8th in all of baseball in 2011 http://www.aolnews.com/2011/02/10/20...stem-rankings/
    Yet a lot of that comes from our system in the lower levels. Hmmmm so crappy indeed, but in 2012 or 2013 we will have one of the best.

    Yet i still will continue that if the Angels aquire Ramirez it won't be for a top 5 or 10 prospect. Bell is a different story.
    MIKE TROUT FOR MVP!!!!!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    1,175
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Halopower31 View Post
    Your right the same crappy team that no body thought was even going to be close to the Oakland A's when it came to this time is in face only 2GM behind the Texas Rangers.

    We have the green light to increase payroll to add gys like Ramirez or Heath Bell. We don't have to and but we might. Even if we stand pat, we will be in contention and know body knows how of the end of the season will play out.

    Angels farm system is so crappy that we are ranked 8th in all of baseball in 2011 http://www.aolnews.com/2011/02/10/20...stem-rankings/
    Yet a lot of that comes from our system in the lower levels. Hmmmm so crappy indeed, but in 2012 or 2013 we will have one of the best.

    Yet i still will continue that if the Angels aquire Ramirez it won't be for a top 5 or 10 prospect. Bell is a different story.
    1) I never thought the A's were better than the Angels. I think Texas is better though. They look very good. I wouldn't want them in NL Central.

    2) I agree, you are in contention. I think Ramirez could be enough to push you past Texas.

    3) I don't think it would take your "whole farm" to put you past Texas. It would probably take 1 top prospect for Ramirez.

    4) Even if the Angel's really only have the 15th best farm system, that's still better than most, and considering we're talking about 1 top prospect, I'm not sure why we're putting so much focus into this? If you're farm is as impressive as you say then the loss of 1 prospect wouldn't hurt it that much...
    Last edited by Crusader; 07-28-2011 at 11:46 PM.
    †

    "But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it."

    - Romans 8:25

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Cypress,CA
    Posts
    1,732
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    1) I never thought the A's were better than the Angels. I think Texas is better though. They look very good. I wouldn't want them in NL Central.

    2) I agree, you are in contention. I think Ramirez could be enough to push you past Texas.

    3) I don't think it would take your "whole farm" to put you past Texas. It would probably take 1 top prospect for Ramirez.

    4) Even if the Angel's really only have the 15th best farm system, that's still better than most, and considering we're talking about 1 top prospect, I'm not sure why we're putting so much focus into this? If you're farm is as impressive as you say then the loss of 1 prospect wouldn't hurt it that much...
    Actually one top prospect does hurt our team because that is one top prospect that we wasted on developing to trade for just a rental. I would much rather save that top prospect to either try in put in my major leauge roster or trade him for a guy that will be aroung a lot longer then two months (hopefully 3)
    MIKE TROUT FOR MVP!!!!!

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    1,175
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Halopower31 View Post
    Actually one top prospect does hurt our team because that is one top prospect that we wasted on developing to trade for just a rental. I would much rather save that top prospect to either try in put in my major leauge roster or trade him for a guy that will be aroung a lot longer then two months (hopefully 3)
    I understand your point. I'm generally one of those that really wants to hold onto prospects as well, rather than trade. What it comes down to is whether Ramirez can be enough for the Angels to win a WS. With your guys pitching staff, and sticking an impact bat into your line-up, I think he could be worth it. Trades are never a sure thing, but your SP has looked like it's primed for the post season.

    This just in from Kaplan.

    "Aramis sounds like he is willing to consider a trade. I'm hearing the LA Angels are willing to pay solid price to land him." @wgnsportsnight
    Last edited by Crusader; 07-29-2011 at 12:10 AM.
    †

    "But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it."

    - Romans 8:25

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Thousand Oaks, CA
    Posts
    3,699
    vCash
    1500
    Aramis sounds like he is willing to consider a trade. I'm hearing the LA Angels are willing to pay solid price to land him.
    Angels spent last weekend at Wrigley scouting Ramirez.
    -David Kaplan, Cubs beat

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    1,175
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by CarniifeX View Post
    -David Kaplan, Cubs beat
    Beat ya too it =).
    †

    "But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it."

    - Romans 8:25

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,350
    vCash
    1500
    11:15pm:*Agent Paul Kinzer tells Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports that Ramirez remains reluctant to waive his no-trade protection this month. “He doesn’t want to go anywhere,” Kinzer told Rosenthal after speaking with Ramirez. However, Ramirez may still consider trades during August.
    Haters Gon' Hate

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,350
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Heatfan04 View Post
    11:15pm:*Agent Paul Kinzer tells Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports that Ramirez remains reluctant to waive his no-trade protection this month. “He doesn’t want to go anywhere,” Kinzer told Rosenthal after speaking with Ramirez. However, Ramirez may still consider trades during August.
    Dam
    Haters Gon' Hate

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •