Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Johnny Damon cleared waivers

Really? So, what are the Yankees waiting for? Does no one want Damon back? He's shown that he still can be the Johnny Damon that was a MAJOR part to winning the 09 World Series. I'm not sure we'd win it without Damon either.

I'd look to get Damon back and plug him in at DH. I'm sure a roster spot could be found to make room for Johnny.

If it's cheap then why not?

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanDream View Post
    Really? So, what are the Yankees waiting for? Does no one want Damon back? He's shown that he still can be the Johnny Damon that was a MAJOR part to winning the 09 World Series. I'm not sure we'd win it without Damon either.

I'd look to get Damon back and plug him in at DH. I'm sure a roster spot could be found to make room for Johnny.

If it's cheap then why not?
    Kay was saying its like 1mm plus for the rest of the year.... I say get him, since Jesus wont be here before Sept 1

Where would the roster spot come from?

...and even though Posada is having an awful year, he's still hitting RHP better than Damon, and that's the only time Johnny would get AB's because Andruw is manhandling LHP right now plus he can play the OF.

On top if it all, Damon is a #1-2 hitter. That part of the order does not need fixing.

If a roster spot needs to be made for some external candidate, it better be a pitcher because this offense is the last thing that needs a boost right now.

Baseball is life. Life is good.

other than another leader in the clubhouse, there is no room for him on this team

Yankees/Chiefs/Nets/Jayhawks

I would trade his roster spot for Posada's in a heartbeat!

I would have said AJ....but we've had enough crap about him.

Quote Originally Posted by oak2455 View Post
    Kay was saying its like 1mm plus for the rest of the year.... I say get him, since Jesus wont be here before Sept 1
    Definitely would be a good move to make.

If it was a good move to make he woudn't have cleared waivers.

.268 BA
    .319 OBO
    .412 SLG

No thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by misterd View Post
    If it was a good move to make he woudn't have cleared waivers.

.268 BA
    .319 OBO
    .412 SLG

No thank you.
    You are lost.

Damon is on pace for (via ESPN) - .268 Avg 14 72 RBI 15 SB's .732 OPS 85 runs in 604 ABs. Thats better than anything the Yankees are getting out of the DH spot right now in the lineup.

If the Yankees can acquire Damon for a postseason run, while convincing Posada that his time is up ... you make that move in a heart beat. In the playoffs, Montero and Damon can spell each other at DH.

Obviously you either forgot, or didn't watch the 2004 and 2009 playoffs, but this guy is Money is big spots.

Quote Originally Posted by Vintage View Post
    You are lost.

Damon is on pace for (via ESPN) - .268 Avg 14 72 RBI 15 SB's .732 OPS 85 runs in 604 ABs. Thats better than anything the Yankees are getting out of the DH spot right now in the lineup.

If the Yankees can acquire Damon for a postseason run, while convincing Posada that his time is up ... you make that move in a heart beat. In the playoffs, Montero and Damon can spell each other at DH.

Obviously you either forgot, or didn't watch the 2004 and 2009 playoffs, but this guy is Money is big spots.
    I watched, I saw, I didn't forget. I just don't get wrapped up in the past, and think that what has been is what will be again. That Damon is better than what we've gotten at DH speaks less about Damon than it does about Posada.

Even so, to date the Yankees have gotten a .743 OPS out of the DH spot this season -"good" for 9th in the AL. Still, as miserable as that may be, it is better than Tampa has gotten out of their DH spot, which has mostly been occupied by Johnny Damon, who has had a grand total of 2 home runs and 19 RBI's since July 1st.

Again, no thank you.
    Last edited by misterd; 08-23-2011 at 02:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by misterd View Post
    I watched, I saw, I didn't forget. I just don't get wrapped up in the past, and think that what has been is what will be again. That Damon is better than what we've gotten at DH speaks less about Damon than it does about Posada.

Even so, to date the Yankees have gotten a .743 OPS out of the DH spot this season -"good" for 9th in the AL. Still, as miserable as that may be, it is better than Tampa has gotten out of their DH spot, which has mostly been occupied by Johnny Damon, who has had a grand total of 2 home runs and 19 RBI's since July 1st.

Again, no thank you.

Johnny's got ice in his veins, and we could use a lefty DH. Get him.

the one question that comes to me is would the rays give him up to us at a reasonable price considering that we are in the same league. why in the world would they want to help us out at all?

If its just for September i could see it kinda, but i don't think he would have a shot at the playoff roster. There obviously not going to cut Posada and i don't think he's an upgrade over Jones except with his speed, especially since his defense is so bad. Other than the 09 memories which were great i just don't see a place for him on the roster.

Plus i'm still very hopeful that they call up Montero and he suceeds and he makes the playoff roster as the dh

Im more interested to see if the yanks get back in the mix with wandy if he passes through waivers as expected on tuesday.

The post put a nice article up about it, how with aj, colon running out of gas, and who knows with freddy, that they yanks could use a guy with a 3.31 era.

And I agree, and they were interested in him before the deadline as they were talking with houston but couldnt agree on the money.

Our rotation has more question marks now then we did before.
    Quote Originally Posted by DC CAB View Post
    The Yankees are the only team that could be play-off bound that did nothing to make themselves better. When you look at it that way how are fans supposed to feel?

No thanks, but no thanks.
    http://www.logo-designer.co/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Real-Madrid-football-club-logo-design-branding-identity-Ruben-Ferlo.jpg

not happening, this was also mentioned already in the "august trades" thread

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast