Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

the four prospects nats send to the A's:

http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?co...7644679179-996

Think Yanks could beat their offer?
    Last edited by nyycanucksfan; 12-22-2011 at 10:05 PM.

No, I don't think we could have. A.J. Cole is a stud, Peacock and Milone are both pretty good prospects (especially Peacock) and Norris is essentially Austin Romine, but better offensively. He was part of the reason why they moved Harper to the outfield.

Montero would have been in the deal for sure. We would have had to give up Montero, Betances, Romine and perhaps another low-level prospect.
    O-H-I-O!

Welcome home, Urban

Quote Originally Posted by TheBadOwl View Post
    No, I don't think we could have. A.J. Cole is a stud, Peacock and Milone are both pretty good prospects (especially Peacock) and Norris is essentially Austin Romine, but better offensively. He was part of the reason why they moved Harper to the outfield.

Montero would have been in the deal for sure. We would have had to give up Montero, Betances, Romine and perhaps another low-level prospect.
    The A's wanted Montero included in the deal along with a few other high tier prospects from the Yankees. It certainly would have taken a huge chunk out of our top prospects and I'm glad the Yankees didn't follow through with it for a pitcher with a terrible walk rate.

I think the yankees could have countered with Nova, Romine, Noesi and Warren, but I don't know enough about the Nats' prospects to make a definitive comparison. Peacock looks like the real deal and Milone could probably be a middle or back end starter. I can't say it's a huge loss for the Nats, but I'm not certain that's a trade they needed to make. I can only guess they want to make a serious run at the NL east and the only way they can do that is if they stack up a rotation headed by Gio and followed by Strasburg and Zimmerman. Their number one priority this offseason definitely was pitching, pitching, and pitching.

Quote Originally Posted by nyycanucksfan View Post
    the four prospects nats send to the A's:

http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?co...7644679179-996

Think Yanks could beat their offer?
    Certainly the Yanks COULD have beaten the offer... but the Nats way overpaid. They picked up a back end starter for front end prospects (not Ace level mind you), about the same as SD got for Latos...

I don't blame the Yanks for not getting involved. No use throwing away 4 players for 1 guy whose home/road splits don't bode well. We have 2-3 guys in the system that may surpass him in the next 2 years anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBadOwl View Post

Quote Originally Posted by bfrap View Post
    Certainly the Yanks COULD have beaten the offer... but the Nats way overpaid. They picked up a back end starter for front end prospects (not Ace level mind you), about the same as SD got for Latos...

I don't blame the Yanks for not getting involved. No use throwing away 4 players for 1 guy whose home/road splits don't bode well. We have 2-3 guys in the system that may surpass him in the next 2 years anyway.
    I'm confused. I really don't know prospects other then ours. So I go buy rankings. And for gio and latos the best ranked prospect from their own system was ranked third.

But when asked how we could match its always "we would definitely hav had to include Montero."

Montero is the yanks no. 1. And a top 5 overall.

Can someone explain?
    Time to double down on the 'Spects!

Sure the Nats farm system is so deep, they can give up their 3,6.9 overall prospects in a trade and it would = the Yankees sending thier 2,3,4,5,6,7,8

Plus teams want more when Cash calls...everyone hates the Yankees!

nats gm is reallyu fidely castro.

Sure, Gio's home/road splits don't bode well. But the National's stadium is more of a pitcher's park than Oakland's. Or at least on the same level.
    O-H-I-O!

Welcome home, Urban

im glad the yanks didn't unload a bunch of top prospects for him..yeah he's had good numbers for the a's but i'd rather hold on to the hope that montero, banuelos and co. are the future of this team.

Did not want Gio suiting up for the Yankees and facing AL East opponents on a regular basis. He thrived in a pitcher friendly park and that is what made his back of the baseball card stats look good.

Gio blows small goats
    #BringBackMatty

To all the gio haters

Gio is an awsome pitcher..with a nasty curve balll.walks ALOT..but also strikes people ALOT....so to the guys on here acting like they wouldnt be jumping up.and down if we landed gio.....i def wouldnt have given up.montero or banuelos...i would defintley like to see them play a full season in ny..(hint hint cashman)but I definitley would of threw hughes romine betances..another decent prospect for a trade....

Quote Originally Posted by oak2455 View Post
    Gio blows small goats
    Really? I thought it was a sheep....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast