Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

vCash
    What a professional. Looks like he's more like a con artist to me now if this is true. The Rangers shouldn't have to pay that if he's retiring.

vCash
    That's absolute horseshit if true.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ElementCo27 View Post
    What a professional. Looks like he's more like a con artist to me now if this is true. The Rangers shouldn't have to pay that if he's retiring.
    Exactly. One of the worst contracts we've ever had.

vCash
    lol, you're gonna blame him for taking a big contract? blame sather for that.

great career for drury, hope he enjoys making pizza.
    BRAIN TRUST
    johnnylee722 | MetsFan19 | dwright3b5 | jetsfan89 | Twinke Masta | ritz | MrSexy | jetsfan28

Charlotte Convicts MLB Re-Draft Clubhouse

Creed: So hey, I want to set you up with my daughter.
    Jim: Oh, I'm engaged to Pam.
    Creed: I thought you were gay.
    Jim: Then why would you want to set me up with your daughter?
    Creed: I don't know.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan89 View Post

Yeh there's no need to hate on Drury for anything here...

vCash

Of course. He could have walked away like Naslund instead of making us buy him out considering he retired anyway. He didn't make enough money over the course of the contract?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fingerbang View Post
    Of course. He could have walked away like Naslund instead of making us buy him out considering he retired anyway. He didn't make enough money over the course of the contract?
    he retired close to 8 weeks after we bought him out. I'm sure retirement wasn't his #1 option.
    BRAIN TRUST
    johnnylee722 | MetsFan19 | dwright3b5 | jetsfan89 | Twinke Masta | ritz | MrSexy | jetsfan28

Charlotte Convicts MLB Re-Draft Clubhouse

Creed: So hey, I want to set you up with my daughter.
    Jim: Oh, I'm engaged to Pam.
    Creed: I thought you were gay.
    Jim: Then why would you want to set me up with your daughter?
    Creed: I don't know.

vCash
    he retired close to 8 weeks after we bought him out. I'm sure retirement wasn't his #1 option.
    He's a 34 year old veteran that can still kill penalties and contribute. He absolutely could have gotten a contract from someone if he really wanted to. He probably just doesn't want to move his family so he retired after the byout. It's a ******** move. Good riddance Chris.

vCash
    Here's the scenario:

1. If Drury's knee was that badly damaged then he should have known that he couldn't continue. He could have retired and insurance would have paid the remainder of his contract with no cap penalty to the Rangers.

2. If Drury really wants to continue playing then he could at the very least gotten a tryout with a team assuming no one offered him a contract. I'm sure someone would sign him for the minimum.
    Last edited by fingerbang; 08-19-2011 at 08:00 PM.

vCash
    this guy retired the minute he inked his sweetheart deal, has got to go down as the absolute worst signing in nhl history! good riddance!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

vCash
    wow im really disappointed with some of you....drury played his heart out as a ranger....did he live up to that contract no, but thats not his fault....drury didnt screw the rangers, thats not what he wanted to do, not at all.....my family personally knows the drurys and his parents were at my aunts wake about a month ago, wen my uncle asked how chris was doing he said not to good and the knee was getting worse and not better.....soo dont be *******s

props to sfgiants5518

GO 'CUSE

vCash
    I'd like to say thanks for the memories but the only ones I have are you cashing your cheques and then retiring leaving our team with a cap hit for the next two years. I guarantee if he wasn't bought out he would have continued to milk the money from this team for the remainer of this year. I can't believe that clown get's to tell his grandkids he was the captain of the New York Rangers...blows my mind.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rangers in 7 View Post
    wow im really disappointed with some of you....drury played his heart out as a ranger....did he live up to that contract no, but thats not his fault....drury didnt screw the rangers, thats not what he wanted to do, not at all.....my family personally knows the drurys and his parents were at my aunts wake about a month ago, wen my uncle asked how chris was doing he said not to good and the knee was getting worse and not better.....soo dont be *******s
    I completely argue with you. Its not drury's fault sather gave him a terrible contract, nobody knows his health situation. Plus the guy is 35 maybe he wants to spend some time with his family rather than playing 4th line minutes on some other team.

vCash
    The contract is not his fault. He was hurt, I get that. Making the rangers buy him out for him to retire is the classless move. Squeeze 3 mil out of us with no intent on playing

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast