• Yes

81 51.27%
  • No

39 24.68%
  • Will have to see after he retires

38 24.05%
Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Its hard to put Dirk in the top 5 now.. Just coming off a championship that has to boost him up but guys like Barkley and Malone they where studs even tho they never won one its hard putting Dirk ahead of them when the dominated almost every category statistically compared to Dirk

vCash
    What's with Malone not getting any love? I think he's #2 when it comes to PF even without a ring..

vCash
    last 20 years, probably top 5, top 6 certainly
    overall, top 10 would be an achievement

vCash
    Yes he is, he's below Duncan, Malone, Barkley and Garnett.
    Favourite Teams:

Boston Red Sox: 46-52, games this week vs. Blue Jays (4), Rays (3)
    Indianapolis Colts: Good draft and off-season so far.
    Looking for new NBA team to cheer for
    Ottawa Senators: 37-31-14, season over, free agency begins this week.

vCash
    I'd easily take TD, Malone, Barkley, and KG over Dirk. I'd probably take McHale over Dirk too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cal827 View Post
    To be fair, Dirk has always had an owner willing to spend and add necessary pieces that would benefit him, whether it would be through picks or trades (E.g Dampier, Jamison, Chandler, Terry etc)..

If I'm not mistaken, Minnesota lost a bunch 3 draft picks due to the Joe Smith failed deal (2001, 2002, and I think 2004, but not completely sure), so they couldn't develop talent... they also basically surrounded KG with players that would make the Raptors look good... the only exception would be 2003-2004 when they were able to get Cassell to help, but unfortunately The hall of fame Lakers were too much for them.

I don't see Dirk going anywhere with some of the teams KG had to suffer through in Minnesota.
    Dirk has never played with another Allstar besides Steve Nash and Kidd 1 year at age 37.

KG Won it with 2 allstars Paul Pierce was MVP! and before that he never did anything but get bounced by Dirk in the 1st round every year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 69centers View Post
    I'd actually consider Duncan a center, but regardless, Dirk is top 10, but not top 5. Too many others (besides Duncan) like KG, Barkley, Malone, Pettit, McHale, Hayes, Rodman.

Duncan was stuck at PF by his team but still played the position like a center. He stays on the block, has no perimeter game, and doesn't run the floor. It's a shame people always give him the #1 ranking at the position he technically doesn't even play. He'd be like 7th or 8th on the all time center list.
    Duncan has one of the best bank shots in the game if not the best. That's done from the perimeter. He hits that top of the key jump shot pretty consistently. But he doesn't LIVE on the perimeter. He also has post skills, like a PF should. And you must not have watched his early/prime years. That dude ran the court very well, and sometimes lead the break!

vCash
    Kemp should be in the conversation!!!!!!!!!
    Dirk top 5 not yet Offence hell yes but D lets him down.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ddhulett View Post
    Dirk has never played with another Allstar besides Steve Nash and Kidd 1 year at age 37.

KG Won it with 2 allstars Paul Pierce was MVP! and before that he never did anything but get bounced by Dirk in the 1st round every year.
    michael finley.... as in allstar at the same year than he was playing with dirk.

if you mean allstar before or after or whatever, he has played with several
    Last edited by Hellcrooner; 08-19-2011 at 10:19 AM.
    ]

vCash

Are you serious? Dirk always had a loadede team, just about every year. KG played for a terrible Timberwolves with no talent what so ever. The best he got there was Sam Cassell & Latrell Sprewell. Thats far worse than any team Dirk has had. KG is the better player.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by eso View Post
    Kemp should be in the conversation!!!!!!!!!
    Dirk top 5 not yet Offence hell yes but D lets him down.
    wich conversation? top 10 careers wasted in the bottom of a whisky bottle? yep he has a case there with vin baker being a tough competitor.
    ]

vCash

Mark Cuban spent so much money surrounding Dirk with guys who can play. Finally Dirk has a big man, and a team, that could hide some of his softness and let him focus on scoring. I'd take KG over Dirk any day of the week. His defence has too much of an influence not to.

vCash
    Def a top 5 and I'd put him over KG bc Dirk shut KG down every time in the reg and post season when KG played out west. Plus Dirk is unstoppable one on one.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Geargo Wallace View Post
    Mark Cuban spent so much money surrounding Dirk with guys who can play. Finally Dirk has a big man, and a team, that could hide some of his softness and let him focus on scoring. I'd take KG over Dirk any day of the week. His defence has too much of an influence not to.
    KG also needed a great team to win a title. He couldnt get out of the first round without help, both have titles, makes them even, but Dirk has the Finals MVP, and also KG's superior defense never could stop Dirk. Dirk is better, younger, and this years playoff run proves he's not soft.

vCash
    I merged this one and the 'top 10' one. Same question asked differently

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast