Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

AV on the hotseat, again?

Alain Vigneault, Vancouver Canucks: The Canucks' failure to win the Stanley Cup after taking a 2-0 series lead in the final against the Boston Bruins has Vigneault on thin ice. It didn't help matters that the Canucks lost Game 7 on home ice. Sometimes a team has to experience such failure before it emerges as a champion. In any case, expectation for the Canucks will be at an all-time high this season and Vigneault cannot afford for his team to start slowly.
    http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2011/08/17/brophy_aug17/
    2014 Indianapolis Colts: Let's Hunt

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

vCash
    Only a matter of time before MacT is the new Canucks coach in my opinion. The Canucks will have a slow start to the season, all of the injured coming back tentative, AV will have to get creative with his lines, which may make matters worse. His dislike for Ballard and Hodgson and his man-crush on Rome. I don't get it.

vCash
    I'll star by saying I like AV, but he has been outcoached so often and takes things like matching lines so lightly. He has overconfidence sometimes in not the right players and handles young players poorly. It seems like we only get emerging defensman (thank you Rick bowness). If AV can put young players in the right spots this fall and not have hodgson and Schroeder anchoring the fourth line he will keep his job.

vCash
    AV has some stuff to learn for sure. He does some things very well and some things not so well.
    TAKE PRIDE

vCash
    I like AV, I think he is the right coach for the Canucks, even if hes not the best coach if that makes sense. He stays calm and keeps a level head, unlike all the fans and media.

vCash
    I won't be sad when he goes elsewhere, but I will miss his post game conferences. He's subtly hilarious.
    2014 Indianapolis Colts: Let's Hunt

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

vCash
    I'm not sure another coach could get more out of this roster. Sure we're loaded in some areas but we're really weak in other areas and that's on the GM.

He has gotten more out of the Sedins than Marc Crawford ever did, for example. And together with Bowness, our D men have become an elite corp. He has also handled Luongo's trials and tribulations better than most coaches could have. How do you strategize for goalie meltdowns exactly? Sure, I'd rather have Mike Babcock, but he's under contract with another team. And even Babcock couldn't have healed Kesler's hip, made up for Hamhuis' absence in the finals, or turned Henrik and Daniel into grinding power forwards against the Bruins. And that's not even mentioning the void that has become our second line ...

Hard to coach what you don't have.
    Last edited by ink; 08-27-2011 at 11:30 AM.