I know there's some discussion about this already but I think it deserves it's own thread. Pretty big news.

Sidney Crosby has been continuing his normal offseason workout routine, but the Pittsburgh Penguins captain has had some post-concussion symptoms this summer, Penguins general manager Ray Shero said Monday.

"I think he has had some symptoms on and off depending on how hard he's pushed himself, and he has pushed himself pretty hard this summer, which is the good news," Shero told reporters Monday. "I think he has progressed really well this summer. He's happy with his progress.

"Training camp is a month away, so there's no expectation for me that he won't be ready or will be ready," Shero said. "He's doing his usual routine. He'll probably be in a week before camp starts, and we'll evaluate him then to see how he's doing."

Shero said he did not know the nature of Crosby's symptoms.

The GM's comments came amid a report from an "NHL Home Ice" radio producer, who posted on his Twitter feed Sunday that Crosby would not be ready to start the season. Before Monday's media session, Shero told the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review that Crosby's workouts were not "shut down."

Shero said Monday that Crosby continues to work out with longtime trainer Andy O'Brien in his hometown of Halifax, Nova Scotia.

"The good news is that he continues to work out and has worked out hard this summer," Shero said. "When he went back, he had a progression planned with his trainer ... that he's gone through. So we'll see where we are come training camp.

"The thing for me and for the organization is the bigger picture with Sidney Crosby, making sure that he is 100 percent cleared and ready to play when he does come back," Shero added. "He's not going to be pushed to come back to practice or play. I want to make sure a year from now, three years from now, five years from now that he's still the best player in the league and take the appropriate steps and back him, and go from there."

Crosby, 24, has not played since Jan. 5 following back-to-back blows to the head. The first was suffered when then-Washington Capitals forward David Steckel clipped the former NHL scoring champion during the Winter Classic at Heinz Field in Pittsburgh on New Year's Day. Then, during the Penguins' next game, Crosby was slammed into the end boards by Tampa Bay Lightning defenseman Victor Hedman.

http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/68...mptoms-gm-says
Much as I hate to say it, if he's still feeling some things, it might be best to sit him another year. The slightest hit to the head and he's done.