Additions:

-------
    ---- Steve Sullivan
    Losses:

--------------- ---------------
    ------ Mike Rupp------- Max Talbot ----- Eric Godard ---- Alexei Kovalev

Resigned:

--------------- ------- ------- ------ -------
    ------Nick Johnson---- Craig Adams ---- Pascal Dupuis --- Arron Asham---- Tyler Kennedy-- Dustin Jeffrey

Unsigned:

-------- -------
    ------ Chris Conner ---- Mike Comrie

Top Stories
    Last edited by burgh_fan66; 07-31-2011 at 10:32 AM.

vCash
    Not free agent related but Crosby got cleared to begin workouts:

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11153/1150933-100.stm

Very promising to be sure, hopefully there are no more setbacks and he can be there for the start of training camp

vCash
    I know you think its a little early tomahawk but free agency is off and Shero is at work. Nick Johnson was resigned to a 1 year, 2-way contract today.

vCash
    Bill Guerin is back!!!

Ok so he will be a player development coach but still he is back. He will be working with prospects at all different levels. I think he is a good fit and that this is a good hire.

http://www.postgazette.com/pg/11159/1152240-100.stm

vCash
    To be honest, I dont even know who was there before Guerin so I am fine with the hiring. I liked Guerin but I never understood why people here liked him so much... not bashing anyone that does, just never understood why.

vCash
    Craig Adams was resigned today to a 2 year contract worth 1.35 million:

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11160/1152574-100.stm

A great penalty killer for less than 700k a season is a pretty good deal in my eyes. I wonder what impact, if any, this will have on other signings?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawk27 View Post
    To be honest, I dont even know who was there before Guerin so I am fine with the hiring. I liked Guerin but I never understood why people here liked him so much... not bashing anyone that does, just never understood why.
    I was a Guerin fan but not as much as some. He was a good fit for this team, he really was. I think he will be an asset in the coaching role. I'm not really sure if anyone else did the job before or not.

As far as Adams that was a very good signing and really helps the teams. Two more of Rupp, Kennedy, Talbot and Dupuis plus an outside winger acquisition and I'd be happy.

Not sure of lines but that would give us:

Crosby
    Malkin
    Staal
    Letestu
    Neal
    Kunitz
    Cooke
    Adams
    Rupp/Kennedy/Talbot/Dupuis
    Rupp/Kennedy/Talbot/Dupuis
    FA
    Tangradi
    Johnson, Jeffrey, etc

as our 13 wingers.

Not sure if Malkin will miss time at the beginning of the season but if he does miss any significant time you might need to sign 3 of the wingers I listed or someone like Asham.

vCash
    Not even going to include this one on my main post but the Penguins resigned Ryan Criag. One year, two way contract.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt.../s_741970.html

vCash
    Nothing too notable there.

Regarding the lines, I really think it depends if Letestu takes the #3 center and Malkin moves to wing or if he will remain the #2 and Letestu becomes a winger

vCash
    Not much going on but I did find an interesting article about the Baby Pens.

http://insidepittsburghsports.com/st...verseas/39161/

Nothing ground breaking but it just looks ahead to who might be there next season. Of note 3 depth players, John Curry (G), Steve Wagner (D) and Andrew Hutchinson (D) have decided to go play overseas.

The part of the article that really caught my attention is that RFA Brad Thiessen (G) is seeking a two year deal in which year 2 would be a one way contract. So essentially he wants the Pens to give him the 2012-2013 backup goalie job. He looked good down in Wilkes-Barre last year but I don't know about giving him that.

vCash
    Not sure how I missed this one but I guess congratulations and a wish of good luck is needed for Mike Yeo.

I wish him the best in his new gig as the Minnesota Wild head coach.

http://www.cbssports.com/#!/nhl/stor...youth-movement

vCash
    Wow, can't believe I didn't hear about that one either. I'm not sure how he did with the Aeros last season but I know the Wild weren't anything special. I used to think that Yeo was the reason for our lack of PP success but watching again this season, I'm not sure he is the one to blame

vCash
    Just read that the salary cap is supposed to increase by roughly 5 million. I wonder how this will effect free agent signings by Shero. Will he sign more of our free agents or will he use that extra money to go after a scoring winger?

Unfortunately this also helps out the Flyers and their attempt to sign Bryzgalov...

vCash
    The tribune review is reporting hearing strong indicators that the Jagr camp has reach out to the Penguins. So it looks like Jagr has interest in coming back now the question is will the Pens feel the same way?

vCash
    From what I have heard, Shero is "open" to bringing him back and both sides are currently talking

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast