Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 24 of 49 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EwanSellars View Post
    how would you guys feel about a trade of Jacoby Ellsbury for Delgado/Teheran this deal would obviously only happen if bourn didn't resign
    No way. Not one chance in a million that the Braves should trade a young, controllable high-ceiling arm for a guy who will follow Scott Boras out the door after one year.

vCash
    how would you guys feel about a trade of Jacoby Ellsbury for Delgado/Teheran this deal would obviously only happen if bourn didn't resign
    I would not trade Teheran for Ellsbury. Delgado seems to have fallen out of favor with the Braves ( they tried to trade him for Dempster at the trade deadline.... Allegedly), so that one is atleast intersting to ponder. I'm not sure I would do it, but if the Braves feel like he could put them over the top, it's possible.

vCash
    Aaron Cornielle™ ‏@Cornielle13
    @ajcbraves @mlbbowman Braves Julio Teheran & Randall Delgado are both slated to pitch for Licey in Dominican friday. 45-pitch limit each.

JT, RD, and Juan Francisco all in the mix now for Licey.

vCash
    Ernesto Mejia has walked twice and stuck out 25 times in 73 ABs. Shows he isn't a MLB type player.

vCash
    Alright folks here are some videos on this "White Bear" in action.

Small video in batting practice

Aguilas del Zulia's 1st win

Gattis is #57. To save you time. Skip to 4:13 for his at-bat..it is a quick one though.

Aguilas del Zulia's 4th win

Skip to 1:40. Another quick one

Aguilas del zulia's 5th win

Tune in right from the beginning..ends about 1:40 something. Actually shows the entire at-bat. There is also some shots of Ernesto Mejia if anyone is interesting.

Aguilas del zulia's 7th win

An exclusive video of Evan Gattis at-bat in the 9th inning..

It's not much but just to give an idea.
    Last edited by BRAVE KID; 11-02-2012 at 02:34 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rtgthree View Post
    No way. Not one chance in a million that the Braves should trade a young, controllable high-ceiling arm for a guy who will follow Scott Boras out the door after one year.
    yeah im hiring scott boras as an agent takes a lot of teams out of it automatically but i would say it could be likely if you guys dont resign bourn and dont get another really good outfielder. I would also expect Ellsbury to bounce back really well for his contract year

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BRAVE KID View Post
    Alright folks here are some videos on this "White Bear" in action.

Small video in batting practice

Aguilas del Zulia's 1st win

Gattis is #57. To save you time. Skip to 4:13 for his at-bat..it is a quick one though.

Aguilas del Zulia's 4th win

Skip to 1:40. Another quick one

Aguilas del zulia's 5th win

Tune in right from the beginning..ends about 1:40 something. Actually shows the entire at-bat. There is also some shots of Ernesto Mejia if anyone is interesting.

Aguilas del zulia's 7th win

An exclusive video of Evan Gattis at-bat in the 9th inning..

It's not much but just to give an idea.
    Great stuff

vCash
    yeah im hiring scott boras as an agent takes a lot of teams out of it automatically but i would say it could be likely if you guys dont resign bourn and dont get another really good outfielder. I would also expect Ellsbury to bounce back really well for his contract year
    Even if the Braves don't re-sign Bourn or get another really good outfielder, they should not trade six years of Teheran or Delgado for one year of Ellsbury. Period.

vCash
    Worth noting that the Braves added Ernesto Mejia and Juan Jaime to the 40-man roster to protect them from becoming minor-league free agents. Mejia is 26 years old and not much of a defender at any position, but he's done nothing except hit since the Braves brought him back from the Royals system in 2011. Could be a pinch-hitting type someday. Jaime is a bit more intriguing as a guy that missed two full seasons having Tommy John surgery and got released by the Diamondbacks. The Braves converted him to a reliever and now that he's fully rehabbed, his high-90s heat could get him to the bigs in a hurry.

vCash
    Juan Jaime did well this season in high A.

51.1IP, 3.16ERA, 73Ks/33BB, 4 HRs

vCash
    John Sickels filed a dispatch from the Arizona Fall League, and had some notes on Nick Ahmed:

Braves prospect Nick Ahmed hit a home run about two hours after I mentioned in a Q/A session that I didn't think he had much power. I still don't think hitting will be his main focus, but the glove looks good to me and he is the type of guy who will have a 15-year career.
    He is at least a utility player. There is some chance he can start. We’ll need to see how he adapts to AA, but there is the potential.

vCash
    Julio Teheran pitched tonight for the Tigres del Licey in the DWL, the fastball was mid-low 90's but consistently touching 94 MPH, he was a bit wild at the beginning hitting a batter and issuing some walks but the Umpire had a very tight zone. Francisco left the game in the 5th inning apparently to a leg injury.

vCash
    John Sickels' top 20 Braves prospects

1) J.R. Graham, RHP, Grade B: I really like him and I'm actually more confident that he'll reach his ceiling than Teheran will reach his, which is why I've got him a shade above Teheran although Teheran is younger. Plus stuff, very athletic, good statistical profile add up for me.

2) Julio Teheran, RHP, Grade B: I think this is a generous grade, but given his youth I also think his problems are fixable as long as there is not an underlying health issue. Choosing between Teheran and Graham at #1 on this list is a very tough call.

3) Alex Wood, LHP, Grade B-: Borderline B. Unconventional but it works, had some excellent outings and should move quickly through the system. This grade may go up a notch but I have a couple more things to review first.

4) Luke Sims, RHP, Grade B-: Borderline B. Seems like a very solid high school pitching prospect to me. I really don't see ace upside, but project him as a solid mid-rotation guy if it all comes together, if he stays healthy, etc.
    Go to the link so you can see his thought process, can't say I agree with the low grades or that he has Graham as #1.
    Last edited by BRAVE KID; 11-10-2012 at 10:26 PM. Reason: try not to post the entire articles. Couple of paragraphs then the link.
    Cpl Devildog
    USMC

Its Not A Religion its a Faith... Semper Fi
    Braves Fan For Life!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by devildogdco View Post
    John Sickels' top 20 Braves prospects

Go to the link so you can see his thought process, can't say I agree with the low grades or that he has Graham as #1.
    Damn, Sickles is beign too hard with Teheran i guess, he had 1 bad season, the most surprising thing on this list is Bethancourt rank, i think his defene alone (one of the best defensive catcher in the Minors) should put him as a B prospect, I really like Graham, probably my favorite braves prospect. We don't have a hitting prospect until rank 7 and still the braves keep drafting pitchers with the top pick. We could have had Stephen Piscotty, Richie Shaffer instead of Lucas Sims.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by devildogdco View Post
    Which grades don't you agree with? The Braves don't have a marquee prospect anymore, and the rest of the system is filled with mediocre players. There is a ton of depth, but none of it is elite. There are plenty of guys (Ahmed, Gilmartin, Cunningham, Terdoslavich) who are performing but don't have high ceilings, and all the players with high ceilings (Teheran, Salcedo, Bethancourt) haven't performed. Literally no one in the system combines high ceiling with actual performance.

I do think he's been a bit too harsh on Teheran, but Graham did have a very good year, and Sickels admits the ranking may change.

Quote Originally Posted by beldugo View Post
    the most surprising thing on this list is Bethancourt rank, i think his defene alone (one of the best defensive catcher in the Minors) should put him as a B prospect
    Defense alone can't get you to the majors. If his bat doesn't improve, you could be talking about a .400 OPS hitter (after a .566 OPS showing at Double-A), and no amount of glove is going to keep you in the majors if you hit like that.

Page 24 of 49 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast