Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 23 of 49 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
Results 331 to 345 of 724
  1. #331
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    91,191
    vCash
    1500
    For those interested

    Chris Jones

    Edward Salcedo

    Nick Ahmed

    Matt Kennelly

    Zeke Spruill

    Cory Rasmus

    Are all playing in the AFL for the Phoenix Desert Dogs


  2. #332
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    91,191
    vCash
    1500
    While Evan Gattis and Ernesto Mejia are playing for the Aguilas de Zulia in the Venezuela Winter League

    Gattis, of course, caught the interest of most during the season..would be an interesting piece to have off the bench...if he continues to smash of course. Got to love them power options off the bench..


  3. #333
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Quantico, VA
    Posts
    1,417
    vCash
    1500
    ^^ 5th OF and 3rd Catcher... with power. That would allow us to pinch hit Ross more often as well.
    Sgt Devildog
    USMC

    Its Not A Religion its a Faith... Semper Fi
    Braves Fan For Life!

  4. #334
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    In the gym
    Posts
    2,343
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BRAVE KID View Post
    While Evan Gattis and Ernesto Mejia are playing for the Aguilas de Zulia in the Venezuela Winter League

    Gattis, of course, caught the interest of most during the season..would be an interesting piece to have off the bench...if he continues to smash of course. Got to love them power options off the bench..
    Really hope these 2 gets a chance to prove themselves in Spring Training...

  5. #335
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Quantico, VA
    Posts
    1,417
    vCash
    1500
    Gattis' first four games he is batting a cool .313 with a 1.056 OPS. While Mejia is batting .333 with a .982 OPS

    Ahmed (played in 3 Games) has a .462 BA and a 1.159 OPS
    Spruill who made a start on the 10th gave up an unearned run on 2 hits while striking out 3 over 2.1 innings of work
    Rasmus who is working out of the BP has appeared in 2 games (throwing 1 IP in each) which he has struck out 4, walked 1, allowed 2 hits and 1 ER.

    Kennelly who didn't hit much this year in the minors is batting .111 with a .311 OPS
    Salcedo has one hit in 5 games which brings hit to a .050 BA and a .195 OPS
    Jones who has pitched 2 games out of the BP has thrown a total of 2.2 innings while striking out 3, walking 3, allowing 3 hits and 2 ER.

    *this is through the first 6 games of a 32 game season.
    Sgt Devildog
    USMC

    Its Not A Religion its a Faith... Semper Fi
    Braves Fan For Life!

  6. #336
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    5,861
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by devildogdco View Post
    Gattis' first four games he is batting a cool .313 with a 1.056 OPS. While Mejia is batting .333 with a .982 OPS

    Ahmed (played in 3 Games) has a .462 BA and a 1.159 OPS
    Spruill who made a start on the 10th gave up an unearned run on 2 hits while striking out 3 over 2.1 innings of work
    Rasmus who is working out of the BP has appeared in 2 games (throwing 1 IP in each) which he has struck out 4, walked 1, allowed 2 hits and 1 ER.

    Kennelly who didn't hit much this year in the minors is batting .111 with a .311 OPS
    Salcedo has one hit in 5 games which brings hit to a .050 BA and a .195 OPS
    Jones who has pitched 2 games out of the BP has thrown a total of 2.2 innings while striking out 3, walking 3, allowing 3 hits and 2 ER.

    *this is through the first 6 games of a 32 game season.
    Thank you for the update. Appreciate it.

  7. #337
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    7,166
    vCash
    1500
    For those interested, here is a link to the stats of all the Braves players across all the winter leagues.

    Quote Originally Posted by BRAVE KID View Post
    Gattis, of course, caught the interest of most during the season..would be an interesting piece to have off the bench...if he continues to smash of course. Got to love them power options off the bench..
    To be honest, I'd rather see him go back to the minors in the hopes that he continues to hit and develop. If he keeps hitting the way he's been hitting, he could be far more than just a bench player.

    Quote Originally Posted by HowFit View Post
    Really hope these 2 gets a chance to prove themselves in Spring Training...
    It'll be interesting to see if the Braves protect Mejia from minor-league free agency. They're going to have a ton of open space on the 40-man roster, and if Mejia isn't added to the roster in the next couple of weeks, he has enough service time to become a free agent.

    Quote Originally Posted by devildogdco View Post
    Gattis' first four games he is batting a cool .313 with a 1.056 OPS. While Mejia is batting .333 with a .982 OPS
    Thanks for the update. Just as a note to everyone, though, these guys are facing very hit-or-miss competition in the VWL. I know you were just stating the facts, and it's certainly better to see them mashing than not mashing...but as a word of caution, this isn't really anything to get excited about.

  8. #338
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    91,191
    vCash
    1500


    just a visual update..


  9. #339
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    7,153
    vCash
    1500
    I could see Durango being a step in at CF for a season for us. Idk if I would like it, but his bat is improving is all I know.

  10. #340
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    91,191
    vCash
    1500
    .327/.397/.694 1.090 OPS. 49 AB's, 6 2B's, 4 HR's, 14 RBI's, 5 BB's, 6 K's.

    Looks like Evan Gattis is situating himself quite nicely.


  11. #341
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Quantico, VA
    Posts
    1,417
    vCash
    1500
    Glad to see his has his stroke back. I obviously take these stats with a grain of salt but I think he will be given a fair shot to earn a reserve OF job and with McCann out a back up catching job.
    Sgt Devildog
    USMC

    Its Not A Religion its a Faith... Semper Fi
    Braves Fan For Life!

  12. #342
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Quantico, VA
    Posts
    1,417
    vCash
    1500
    #Braves Evan "White Bear" Gattis leads Venezuelan League in XBH (10 in 57 ABs)[15 games], 5th in OPS (1.010); .316 avg w/ 4 HR, 14 RBI in 15g

    DOB
    Sgt Devildog
    USMC

    Its Not A Religion its a Faith... Semper Fi
    Braves Fan For Life!

  13. #343
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Columbia, North Carolina
    Posts
    1,733
    vCash
    1500
    I hope Gattis makes the team. I believe if they let him try a first base mitt on he could also spell FF at first occasionally. A huge utility player (size wise) LF, C and 1B. As someone already mentioned could allow them to let Ross pinch hit as well. Would be a plus for all aspects of our team.

  14. #344
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Punta Gorda, FL
    Posts
    20,281
    vCash
    1200
    I'd rather Gattis got a complete year of AAA.

  15. #345
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    255
    vCash
    1500
    how would you guys feel about a trade of Jacoby Ellsbury for Delgado/Teheran this deal would obviously only happen if bourn didn't resign

Page 23 of 49 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •