Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 13 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Since this is the thread where I keep reading about it, I'll post it here....

For all those that keep saying Gattis will be in LF and Prado at 3B, I would not be so sure. The Braves talked about Juan in mulltiple trade talks with the Reds ( they also discussed him in the JJ trade, that did not happen. The story is on MLBtr.com). So FW must have really wanted to get him. Being that he has displayed good power and the ability to play 3rd, I would not just write him off. He will also be alot cheaper than Prado. It's very possiblr Gattis could be up and playing LF. It's also very possible ( being that he isn't exactly tearing it up right now) that Joey T. could get another year at AAA, But I wouldn't pencil Prado in as of now. I would probaly pencil Juan in ( If he doesn't get traded by the dead-line).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BRAVE KID View Post
    In just 122 PA for Simmons, he has 12 BB's. Considering he has 269 and 570 PA the past years and put up 16 and 29 BB...improved plate discipline maybe?

That will go a LONG way.
    The thing I like most about Simmons 14 walks in 28 games is, it comes with only 11 strike outs. If he can walk more than he K's that will go a long way as a lead-off hitter. If he can continue his clip, I'd like to see him moved to AAA before the AS break. It's clear F-Gon doesn't have the confidence in Rev at SS, so we need to have someone ready next year.

vCash
    For those that have seen him play..... How is Todd Cunningham in CF?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SB75 View Post
    Since this is the thread where I keep reading about it, I'll post it here....

For all those that keep saying Gattis will be in LF and Prado at 3B, I would not be so sure. The Braves talked about Juan in mulltiple trade talks with the Reds ( they also discussed him in the JJ trade, that did not happen. The story is on MLBtr.com). So FW must have really wanted to get him. Being that he has displayed good power and the ability to play 3rd, I would not just write him off. He will also be alot cheaper than Prado. It's very possiblr Gattis could be up and playing LF. It's also very possible ( being that he isn't exactly tearing it up right now) that Joey T. could get another year at AAA, But I wouldn't pencil Prado in as of now. I would probaly pencil Juan in ( If he doesn't get traded by the dead-line).
    I hope not that D is turrable lol.

vCash
    The thing I like most about Simmons 14 walks in 28 games is, it comes with only 11 strike outs. If he can walk more than he K's that will go a long way as a lead-off hitter. If he can continue his clip, I'd like to see him moved to AAA before the AS break. It's clear F-Gon doesn't have the confidence in Rev at SS, so we need to have someone ready next year.
    I want to see him moved up ASAP! What more does he have to gain from tearing up AA? Let him see how he fares in AAA, and if he does well there then bring him on up! At this rate Pasto is going to end up at over -2.0 WAR for pete's sake.

vCash
    Man I can not wait to see Simmons at the major league level, I am going to take a trip to watch him in Mississippi in the next month or so, I live in Baton Rouge so it'll be a bit of a trip, but I would love to see Simmons and Gattis before they go to AAA.

vCash
    Pastor has done his job this year. I can't wait for Simmons either but Pastor is not as bad as some are making him out to be. The kid is clutch when hitting. Knocked in 5/8 runners with 2 outs and always seems to get something going late in the game. A kid that swings inside out works for me. He doesn't pull off the ball much and with experience will learn to pull the ball a little better. I think he has a future on this team. Again though, the Simmons kid does look good as well.

vCash
    Oh yeah no knock on pastornicky, he started slow and has picked it up since. I can imagine him as a top of the line utility guy for us in the future. I just think that Simmons could be really good.

vCash
    i think Pastor is a future 2B..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hawksd911 View Post
    i think Pastor is a future 2B..
    +100 or a future CF with his speed. Either way he just does not have the range or really glove for SS.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HickCaesar View Post
    I want to see him moved up ASAP! What more does he have to gain from tearing up AA? Let him see how he fares in AAA, and if he does well there then bring him on up! At this rate Pasto is going to end up at over -2.0 WAR for pete's sake.
    Slow down bro........ You don't want to rush the kid. The kid has future star talent and is only 22. When you have talent and youth on your side, you don't rush it. He could be a .300 hitter, 40 SB, and GG type SS, I wouldn't take a risk rushing that. If they want to move him to AAA, I'm cool with that. But I don't want to see this kid in ATlanta until the Braves expand their roster late in the seaon.

vCash
    Gattis on the other hand...... I wouldn't mind seeing the Braves be aggressive with. He's already 25 and a consistent RH power bat is what this team is missing. Is he the 2nd comimg of a RH Josh Hamilton?

I'm also thinking Cunningham could be in line for a move to AAA.

vCash
    Slow down bro........ You don't want to rush the kid. The kid has future star talent and is only 22. When you have talent and youth on your side, you don't rush it. He could be a .300 hitter, 40 SB, and GG type SS, I wouldn't take a risk rushing that. If they want to move him to AAA, I'm cool with that. But I don't want to see this kid in ATlanta until the Braves expand their roster late in the seaon.
    I think he will be like a 20-25 SB player in the MLB, 40 is just too much. I think of him as an Elvis Andrus type of player with a little less speed and maybe more gap power.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by beldugo View Post
    I think he will be like a 20-25 SB player in the MLB, 40 is just too much. I think of him as an Elvis Andrus type of player with a little less speed and maybe more gap power.
    He is tall and weighs like 165 I think once he puts on 15-25 pounds he will be a lead off guy with 10-15 HR type of power.

vCash
    Our AAA OF is packed... and with the Pie signing it just made it more packed. So I don't see cunningham geting to AAA unless some more people get injured.

Gattis however could take over the every day dutties behind the plate since we really don't have any prospects at C in AAA.

Simmons however should continue to rake in AA until June 1st. Then let him come up to AAA show us what he has got. That will give him 3 months of AAA and have him ready for a Sept call up. This should also give him enough ABs at AAA to ensure he gets a great shot at the starting SS gig out of ST next year.

If all goes right next year you can Exit Matt Diaz, and Jack wilson and insery Simmons(as starting SS) and Gattis (PH, C, LF/RF). That would be huge. Still don't know who will play CF or 3B/LF but hey will well get there soon enough.
    Cpl Devildog
    USMC

Its Not A Religion its a Faith... Semper Fi
    Braves Fan For Life!

Page 13 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast