Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 126 of 126 FirstFirst ... 2676116124125126
Results 1,876 to 1,877 of 1877
    I don't buy his arguments against waiting until late April and gaining an extra year of control.

- Fans and popularity: I would say the new stadium buys you time to wait, not forces your hand to call Acuna up. And if fans don't understand the business of baseball, that is their problem. No fans left the Cubs or Nats fan base over doing the same thing with Bryant or Harper and they were more well known than Acuna.

Injury: Can happen at any level at any time.

"Becomes the player you think he will": How does calling him up change this? Acuna will either have it or he won't. Most people lobby for more, not less, time to develop. This is just a stupid argument IMO.

Keeping him long term: Having an extra year of control is NEVER a bad thing. Arguing that you may not want him long term so losing a year of control for 3 weeks of play is simply silly.

I have said I don't see any way ATL waits until next June to call Acuna up. So that leaves 3 options. I will go with SB's logic on this and say Acuna still does not have 200 ABs at AAA. I would prefer to see him finish the season at AAA and even start there for a month next year so ATL get 4 arbitration years out of him. My preference in order would be:

- Late April call up
    - start next year in ATL
    - Sept callup

I could live with any of them, but that would be my order of preference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Coach100 View Post
    I don't buy his arguments against waiting until late April and gaining an extra year of control.

- Fans and popularity: I would say the new stadium buys you time to wait, not forces your hand to call Acuna up. And if fans don't understand the business of baseball, that is their problem. No fans left the Cubs or Nats fan base over doing the same thing with Bryant or Harper and they were more well known than Acuna.

Injury: Can happen at any level at any time.

"Becomes the player you think he will": How does calling him up change this? Acuna will either have it or he won't. Most people lobby for more, not less, time to develop. This is just a stupid argument IMO.

Keeping him long term: Having an extra year of control is NEVER a bad thing. Arguing that you may not want him long term so losing a year of control for 3 weeks of play is simply silly.

I have said I don't see any way ATL waits until next June to call Acuna up. So that leaves 3 options. I will go with SB's logic on this and say Acuna still does not have 200 ABs at AAA. I would prefer to see him finish the season at AAA and even start there for a month next year so ATL get 4 arbitration years out of him. My preference in order would be:

- Late April call up
    - start next year in ATL
    - Sept callup

I could live with any of them, but that would be my order of preference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I agree, the only reason to bring Acuna to start the season is if we have a crazy good offseason, like getting an Ace, an all star third baseman and at least 2 set up men, if Acuna is our best option in RF then let him start the year, but well, that's unlikely.