Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 134 of 135 FirstFirst ... 3484124132133134135 LastLast
Results 1,996 to 2,010 of 2016
  1. #1996
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    8,487
    What is the Acuna clock looking like? I think I read April 13 before, which would be Friday.

  2. #1997
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    iowa
    Posts
    7,112
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    What is the Acuna clock looking like? I think I read April 13 before, which would be Friday.
    I wonder if they keep him down a little longer. Acuna is 0-8 with 3 strikeouts in the first 2 games.

    RIP Gene Wilder

  3. #1998
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Punta Gorda, FL
    Posts
    27,418
    Yup he has started off slow, no reason to push him up. AA said before that if he was GM last year he would of not pushed him to AAA so quickly so I don't expect him to be up right on the day.

  4. #1999
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    7,312
    Mmm I disagree, Acuña Jr is our future, he doesn't have anything left to prove or learn at AAA, two bad games wont change what everybody knows, he's ready. I'm sorry for Tucker, he's been great but is way over his head, Acuña and the Braves will benefit the most if he's called up early, do it.

  5. #2000
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    10,065
    Quote Originally Posted by beldugo View Post
    Mmm I disagree, Acuña Jr is our future, he doesn't have anything left to prove or learn at AAA, two bad games wont change what everybody knows, he's ready. I'm sorry for Tucker, he's been great but is way over his head, Acuña and the Braves will benefit the most if he's called up early, do it.
    Strong opinion and I can dig it! However I believe AA, believes his own statement! So I don’t think he’ll rush him up if Acuna is struggling toward late April. I don’t think Acuña’s slow start changes his time table, however if he continues to struggle and Tucker continues his hot start, it will change it!

    I also disagree with the statement “ he doesn’t have anything else to prove or learn@ . Prove? You might be right! Learn? You are definitely wrong! There is something to learn everyday in baseball!

  6. #2001
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Steubenville, Ohio
    Posts
    13,645
    Quote Originally Posted by beldugo View Post
    Mmm I disagree, Acuña Jr is our future, he doesn't have anything left to prove or learn at AAA, two bad games wont change what everybody knows, he's ready. I'm sorry for Tucker, he's been great but is way over his head, Acuña and the Braves will benefit the most if he's called up early, do it.
    I agree. I would call him up first chance we have. Acuna will be better off being around guys like Ron Washington everyday and learning how to be a big leaguer. He's already proved he can hit and adjust to minor league pitchers. Now it's time to learn and adapt to the big league pitchers.
    2017 Vikings Draft :
    41: Dalvin Cook RB Florida State
    70: Pat Elflein C Ohio State
    109: Jaleel Johnson DT Iowa
    120: Ben Gedeon LB Michigan
    170: Rodney Adams WR South Florida
    180: Danny Isidora G Miami
    201: Bucky Hodges TE Virginia Tech
    219: Stacy Coley WR Miami
    220: Ifeadi Odenigbo DE Northwestern
    232: Elijah Lee LB Kansas State
    245: Jack Tocho CB N.C. State

    #Faith

  7. #2002
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    7,312
    Quote Originally Posted by SB75 View Post
    Strong opinion and I can dig it! However I believe AA, believes his own statement! So I don’t think he’ll rush him up if Acuna is struggling toward late April. I don’t think Acuña’s slow start changes his time table, however if he continues to struggle and Tucker continues his hot start, it will change it!

    I also disagree with the statement “ he doesn’t have anything else to prove or learn@ . Prove? You might be right! Learn? You are definitely wrong! There is something to learn everyday in baseball!
    Oh yes, he needs to learn a lot, my point was that he can learn it at the Majors, he completely destroyed minor league pitching last season, he can learn more facing MLB starters because I don't think he will struggle to the point that he's overmatched, you don't learn much if you keep destroying mediocre pitchers and prospects who aren't ready.

  8. #2003
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    7,312
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    I agree. I would call him up first chance we have. Acuna will be better off being around guys like Ron Washington everyday and learning how to be a big leaguer. He's already proved he can hit and adjust to minor league pitchers. Now it's time to learn and adapt to the big league pitchers.
    Agreed.

  9. #2004
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    11,093
    Hate that we still probably won't find out what Tucker can do with regular ABs. He's probably not a ML regular on a competitor but you never know when you're going to find a Jayson Werth-type of outfielder off the scrap heap.

  10. #2005
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    5,046
    Riley with two bombs last night. That kid could be something special.

  11. #2006
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    7,312
    Max Fried was promoted to AAA while Blair hit the DL with an apparent serious injury, he's going to see Dr. Andrews.

  12. #2007
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    8,487
    Quote Originally Posted by beldugo View Post
    Max Fried was promoted to AAA while Blair hit the DL with an apparent serious injury, he's going to see Dr. Andrews.
    Blair needs to be converted to a reliever already. I don't think he'll ever be a successful starter in the majors.

  13. #2008
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    658
    Scivicque released from Gwinnett

  14. #2009
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    7,312
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    Blair needs to be converted to a reliever already. I don't think he'll ever be a successful starter in the majors.
    I agree, and Wisler is on the same boat IMO.

  15. #2010
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    8,487
    Quote Originally Posted by beldugo View Post
    I agree, and Wisler is on the same boat IMO.
    Yeah I think so too

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •