Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 48 12311 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

vCash

Braves Minor League Thread

Not having a prospect sub-forum sucks. Heres a thread to update on prospects and anything related to the Braves minor league system.

Feel free to post Scouting Reports, stat up dates or anything you can find.

vCash
    Delgado made his 2nd start in AAA: 7 IP 3 H 0 ER 2 BB 6 K.

so thats 2-0 13 IP 6 H 15/5 K/BB 0 ER

wow things are really taking form in ATL. FWs main HW this offseason might be to find Lowe a new home.

vCash
    Good thread I'll sticky it for you

Simmons over Harper!!!

WAR Stats:

2014 - Simmons 0.7 vs Harper -0.2
    2013 - Simmons 4.7 vs Harper 3.8
    Career - Simmons 7.6 vs Harper 8.1
    162 game average - Simmons 5.0 vs Harper 4.7

updated 5/22/14

vCash
    Ever since Delgado got called up to pitch against the Rangers, I've liked his stuff a lot. Nice curveball, something Teheran needs work on. Hopefully he continues to dominate at this pace.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TAC91 View Post
    Ever since Delgado got called up to pitch against the Rangers, I've liked his stuff a lot. Nice curveball, something Teheran needs work on. Hopefully he continues to dominate at this pace.
    Yea, but Teheran is more complete as far as his "stuff" goes and consistency. all in all they're both very good.
    <span style=font-family: Georgia>[II][/I]</span>

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TAC91 View Post
    Delgado is my favorite prospect i think the kid is gonna be a star. JT won't ever be **** if he can't get has ****ing curve to work. Fastball change isn't enough to work with in the pros

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiderKid318 View Post
    Delgado is my favorite prospect i think the kid is gonna be a star. JT won't ever be **** if he can't get has ****ing curve to work. Fastball change isn't enough to work with in the pros
    Delgado is not as good as Teheran, both will be very good but qualified scouts who seen our farm system says if they picked one of the 4 to win a CY, it would be JT because his curve can be fixed. Delgado impressed me at the rangers game, i think he isnt far behind, but not with teheran, at least right now
    <span style=font-family: Georgia>[II][/I]</span>

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiderKid318 View Post
    Thomas Linda Glavine

vCash
    Thanks for the sticky RSD.

As far as JT vs Delgado. Id have to go with JT for now but Delgado isnt very far behind. They both still need to get stronger but both have been posting phenomenal numbers at such a young age.

I wouldnt mind both turning into #1 pitchers!

Add:
    Gilmartin strong in Class A debut
    Braves first-rounder fans four, allows two hits over 2 2/3 frames
    By Andrew Pentis / Special to MLB.com08/11/2011 11:01 PM ET

As if the Braves don't have enough pitching prospects already, now Sean Gilmartin, is building up steam and on his way.

Atlanta's first-round draftee in June allowed two hits and fanned four over 2 2/3 scoreless innings in his Class A debut and second pro outing Thursday en route to Rome's 4-2 victory over visiting Asheville.

Gilmartin struck out three of the first four batters he faced. He allowed second-inning singles to Cristhian Adames and Mark Tracy and issued a base on balls in the third to Brett Tanos.

"I went out there with the intention of getting ahead of guys early," said Gilmartin, who used his fastball primarily and put away hitters with his slider and change-up. "I threw every single pitch three or four times."

Gilmartin said he threw 45 to 48 total pitches and hopes to complete four to five innings in his next outing. Atlanta's powers-that-be have not given him an explicit plan going forward, he said.

Gilmartin completed 120 1/3 innings over 18 appearances as a junior at Florida State, compiling a 12-2 record and a 2.09 ERA. The Moorpark, Calif. native received a $1.13 million bonus commensurate with his Draft slot when he signed July 15, according the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

The 21-year-old lefty gave up two runs on three hits in his pro debut, pitching against the Yankees in the Gulf Coast League on Saturday.

What has he seen from pro batters so far?

"These guys aren't going to chase pitches," he said. "The way they approach each at-bat is better than at the college level."
    Last edited by jmtapia; 08-12-2011 at 03:31 PM.

vCash
    How is Salcedo progressing? I get a clip every now and then on TC but was wondering if he'd acclimated to the professional baseball culture.
    Gonna miss the Magician
    Just another tricky day for you.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GLASSMAN View Post
    How is Salcedo progressing? I get a clip every now and then on TC but was wondering if he'd acclimated to the professional baseball culture.
    Dude, do yourself a favor and add "Talkingchop.com" to you favorites. It gives a daily recap of all the Braves minor league games...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaMelo View Post
    Dude, do yourself a favor and add "Talkingchop.com" to you favorites. It gives a daily recap of all the Braves minor league games...
    TC offers some game recaps but I'm more interested in his maturity level. He's young and he's not from around here. Just wondering if he's getting more comfortable with his surroundings. Thanks for the tip though.
    Gonna miss the Magician

vCash
    Just looking at numbers it seems likes hes holding his own at the plate. His defense is lacking but hes got time to sharpen that craft. Tools are there for him to become a solid 3B.

Very intriguing prospect. Basically the consensus was that he had 1st Rd Talent.

418 ABs .263/.333/.431/.764 OPS 42 XBH 19 SBs

This is what they said when he was signed:

After emerging nearly two and a half years ago as one of the top prospects on the Latin American market, Edward Salcedo has finally signed with the Braves.

Salcedo, a 6-foot-3 shortstop from the Dominican Republic, is an above-average runner with a plus arm and above-average bat speed. David O'Brien of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution reported that Salcedo signed for a $1.6 million bonus.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jmtapia View Post
    Just looking at numbers it seems likes hes holding his own at the plate. His defense is lacking but hes got time to sharpen that craft. Tools are there for him to become a solid 3B.

Very intriguing prospect. Basically the consensus was that he had 1st Rd Talent.

418 ABs .263/.333/.431/.764 OPS 42 XBH 19 SB
    Thanks. If I'm not mistaken he's young as well. I would think he'd be moved up the ladder pretty soon.
    Gonna miss the Magician

vCash
    Teheran just called it a night: 7 IP 8 H 2 ER 0 BB 5 SO 9-4 GO/FO 2.18 ERA.

Will get a ND. Yet another extremely high quality start from the Braves Top Prospect.

Page 1 of 48 12311 ... LastLast