Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Cincinnati Reds (10-11) @ Atlanta Braves (10-11)

@

CINCINNATI REDS (10-11) @ ATLANTA BRAVES (10-11)

THURSDAY APRIL 30, 2015 @ 7:10 PM

MIKE LEAKE, RHP (0-1) 3.90 ERA

Leake delivered a second straight quality start with seven innings vs. the Cubs, but he gave away a pair of leads on homers by Anthony Rizzo and nemesis Chris Coghlan. His nine strikeouts were a season high.
    SHELBY MILLER, RHP (3-0) 2.05 ERA

Miller has relied heavily on the sinker he developed late last season, and he has also shown consistent command with both his four-seam and cut fastballs. He has produced a 2.02 ERA over his past 11 starts, dating back to Aug. 23

FRIDAY MAY 1, 2015 @ 7:35 PM

ANTHONY DESCALFINI, RHP (2-1) 1.04 ERA

During a 5-2 loss to the Cubs on Sunday, when only one of his five runs allowed was earned over five innings, DeSclafani wished he located his pitches better. He missed too much over the plate and lacked an effective slider.

MIKE FOLTYNEWICZ, RHP (0-3) 2.08 ERA (GWINNETT)

Foltynewicz will be making his first major league start, replacing Trevor Cahill. He has looked dominant with Gwinnett posting a 2.08 ERA but has failed to get a victory. Foltynewicz pitched in the majors last season, in a relief role, going 0-1 with a 5.30 ERA.
    SATURDAY MAY 2, 2015 @ 7:10 PM

JASON MARQUIS (2-1) RHP 5.48 ERA

Marquis tied a career high with 113 pitches and eight innings of work in a 9-6 win over the Brewers on Monday. His sinker appeared to be working well as he induced three double plays.
    ERIC STULTS LHP (1-1) 4.03 ERA

Since being damaged by the home run in both of his first two starts, Stults has delivered two strong outings. He has surrendered eight hits in the 12 1/3 innings he has completed during his past two starts.
    SUNDAY MAY 3, 2015 @ 1:35 PM

JOHNNY CUETO (2-2) RHP 1.95 ERA

Cueto has worked back-to-back games of eight innings vs. the Brewers. The first one was a career-high 125 pitches, but on Tuesday, he used only 85. His two mistakes were hanging curveballs, both first pitches hit for leadoff home runs.
    JULIO TEHERAN RHP (2-1) 4.67 ERA

After evaluating Teheran's recent struggles, the Braves want him to get back to consistently relying on his fastball. But the Nationals missed just two of the 19 fastballs they swung at against him on Tuesday.

Simmons over Harper!!!

WAR Stats:

2014 - Simmons 2.3 vs Harper 1.3
    2013 - Simmons 4.7 vs Harper 3.8
    Career - Simmons 9.9 vs Harper 9.4
    162 game average - Simmons 4.6 vs Harper 4.3

updated 11/25/14

vCash
    About as quite in here as our bats were tonight. Great pitched game by Shelby Miller. CB's dropped 3rd strike was the turning point in the game. Got to see Veal tonight and first impression by the first batter wasn't good, but he settled down a little. Plenty of speed from the left side. Any news on CJ? Ready to see how Folty fares in his first start tomorrow. Lets start a little winning streak guys. Never mind fractured hand. He will be out for a few weeks. Any idea who we replace him with? I know Folty is taking his spot at the moment, but could make room for another position player. Get read Goose, your chance is here.
    Last edited by baseballislife7; 04-30-2015 at 11:05 PM.

vCash
    Gonna be a longgggggg season lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by baseballislife7 View Post
    About as quite in here as our bats were tonight. Great pitched game by Shelby Miller. CB's dropped 3rd strike was the turning point in the game. Got to see Veal tonight and first impression by the first batter wasn't good, but he settled down a little. Plenty of speed from the left side. Any news on CJ? Ready to see how Folty fares in his first start tomorrow. Lets start a little winning streak guys. Never mind fractured hand. He will be out for a few weeks. Any idea who we replace him with? I know Folty is taking his spot at the moment, but could make room for another position player. Get read Goose, your chance is here.
    CJ broke his hand or wrist, not sure which one and is already on the DL. I'm pumped for Folty maņana.

vCash
    so we suck...I suppose..

vCash
    And for a supposed excellent defensive catcher...Betancourt is crap at framing pitches

http://www.statcorner.com/CatcherReport.php

Of course small sample size but last year wasn't kind to him when he was out there either.

Sucks to have both of our catchers taking away strikes from our pitchers..

vCash
    We knew this coming in to the season. Time to scout younger players and determine the market value of the veterans.

vCash
    I'm very excited to see Folty pitch tonight. Watched him several times over spring training and want to see how/if he has improved with his location. He needs to get his learning curve on in the majors. His stuff reminds me a little of Smoltz, without the splitter of course. Let him go out there every five days and see what he can do. While on the subject, I wish someone would come with a trade offer for Stultz. I know he has pitched well his last two outings, but I would like to see Williams Perez brought up as well. These guys need to start showing what they can do at the major league level. Learn under our vets and McDowell and see what we have in them. Lets go Braves.

vCash
    Any chance Peraza gets an early call up with Johnson hurt?

PSD Mock Draft Vikings:
    RD 1 (#11): DeVante Parker WR Louisville
    RD 2 (#45): P.J. Williams CB Florida State
    RD 3 (#76): Stephone Anthony LB Clemson
    RD 4 (#107): Jeremiah Poutasi G Utah
    RD 5 (#129): Mike Davis RB South Carolina via Buffalo (Matt Cassel)
    RD 5 (#141): traded to Miami (Mike Wallace)
    RD 6 (#172): traded to Buffalo (Matt Cassel)
    RD 7 (#203): Frank Clark DE Michigan
    RD 7 (#207): Bobby McCain CB Memphis via Miami (Mike Wallace)
    UFDA Bryan Bennett QB SE Louisiana

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    Any chance Peraza gets an early call up with Johnson hurt?
    Sort of doubt it until they want to give him the everyday job. Callaspo and Peterson have shown enough to merit at least 3 starts per week at 3B/2B IMO. I still think Peterson is better off as a very good utility man but unless Peraza is ready to stay and play everyday I think we continue with what we've got - maybe give Kelly Johnson some infield starts here and there.

vCash
    I would bet Ciriaco gets the call

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ATLKoos16 View Post
    I would bet Ciriaco gets the call
    Not like he is doing great in AAA. .234/.253/.286/.539

Past three seasons he has had great springs and did nothing after.

vCash
    David O'Brien @DOBrienAJC · 4h 4 hours ago
    #Braves lineup vs Reds:
    Markakis 9,
    Callaspo 5,
    Freeman 3,
    Pznski 2,
    K Johnson 7,
    Peterson 4,
    Simmons 6,
    EY 8,
    Folty 1
    I'm definitely good with this type of lineup...simba just can't hit in the top of the order.

vCash
    Kelly Johnson (clap clap clap clap clap clap) Kelly Johnson!!!!!!!!!!

Folty can get the win now suckas!
    ]

vCash
    Folty is a winner!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast