Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 35 12311 ... LastLast

Braves Trade Discussion and Rumors

It's that time of year again! Heyman says the Padres are open for business and will trade just about anyone including Wil Myers. At 25 and with a .294/.327/.506 line this year with 12 HR, he seems like exactly the kind of young RH power bat Coppy's been looking for if he can play LF. But he has a checkered injury history (never played more than 88 games in a season) and hits arbitration next season. Any interest?

Also as I posted earlier, I read that Boston may pony up for both JTand Viz.

3x WWEWHC / 2015 Royal Rumble Match Winner / 1X WWE Tag Team Champion / 2014 WWE Superstar of The Year

I think Wil Myers would be a great fit, but I would think SD would want a king's ransom for him. He has also had a lot of wrist issues which scares me. However, this season looks like the highly touted Wil Myers of old and if he is healthy and finally has come into his own, I would make more than one call to see if a deal could get done.

Braves Trade Discussion and Rumors

Wil Myers has been a bust, although he has been playing well as of late. Not worth the risk in my opinion.
    Smart Person List: BRAVE KID, Beldugo, flea, Jeffy25

Dude is only 25. That is a pretty common age to "get it". I would argue he was simply not quite ready and then injuries derailed his progress. Multiple wrist injuries and surgeries will make it hard to hit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Myers had a .256/.327/.407 slash line from 22-24 while battling injuries, primarily wrist problems. I would say it is very plausible that he has simply started teaching his potential this season. If he could be had it very well could be a really good idea.

I would be willing to give up one of our pitching prospects and some smaller items for Myers.
    Sgt Devildog
    USMC

Its Not A Religion its a Faith... Semper Fi
    Braves Fan For Life!

Myers would be someone to look at for sure if we could play him in LF. I think he is playing 1B right now for the Padres, though, so I wonder about his defensive abilities. I guess that's less important if he can hit like he has.

I think the top three picks we took mean we are likely going to look at dealing JT.

Am I the only one not in a rush to trade JT? He's signed and cheap! Even if you don't think he's an ace or 1, he's atleast a good #2 and that's not easy to come by!

Now if someone gives you a redic offer, then and only then do you take it.

Again - 22 pitchers added in 18 months. There are plenty of candidates to take JT's spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach100 View Post
    Again - 22 pitchers added in 18 months. There are plenty of candidates to take JT's spot.

I'm right there with you. Jenkins, Ellis, Newcomb and Whalen are all pretty close (Think Simms needs more work).
    ]

None of those guys have as much talent as JT when he's in a groove. Only way we should trade JT is if the offer blows us away. You don't trade a guy just because of surplus.

Really?? I would disagree with that statement....and I like JT. Newcomb, Toussaint, Allard, Fried, Sims, Wisler are all projected to be #3 or better SPs. Teheran is streaky, has never been a high K guy, and his peripherals suggest regression. If one guy from the list above clicks you have replaced JT.

Really?? I would disagree with that statement....and I like JT. Newcomb, Toussaint, Allard, Fried, Sims, Wisler are all projected to be #3 or better SPs. Teheran is streaky, has never been a high K guy, and his peripherals suggest regression. If one guy from the list above clicks you have replaced JT.

Not entirely true, Toussaint and Allard are playing A ball, we really don't know how they will handle pro baseball. A bunch of people in the industry sees Lucas Sims as a reliever because he have two pitches (fastball and curveball) and below average control. Fried is coming off TJ surgery and according to some scouts he's always been overrated.

That leave us Wisler and Newcomb and neither of them is close to the prospect status Teheran was at the same age. Newcomb at 23 is struggling with his command and playing AA and even though Wisler at 23 is already in the MLB he's not exactly dominating and doesn't project to be anything more than a number 3 starter.

Julio Teheran at 22 had a 3.20 ERA at the MLB as a rookie and follow that up with a 2.89 ERA at 23. Teheran was considered a top 5 prospect in the entire league for the 2010 and 2011 season.

Any of those pitchers you listed will be lucky to turn into Julio Teheran. So no, all those pitchers aren't considered to be #3 or better SP's. We should trade Teheran because we have no shot at contending until maybe 2018 and even though Teheran make us substantially better, not yet to the point of contending. We need multiple pieces to pan out and Teheran is our best bait to get them.
    Last edited by beldugo; 06-10-2016 at 06:38 PM.

They all have risks - that is why they are prospects. And JT was a very highly touted prospect; higher than any of the guys listed.

Many of the guys on my list have been tagged as possible top-of-the-rotation arms. That doesn't mean they will be, but they do possess that potential.

If ATL did all of this dealing and landed no one who is better than a 3-5 pitcher, then They have done a poor job on their rebuild.

Page 1 of 35 12311 ... LastLast