Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Farewell El Oso Blanco

Just wanted to say thanks for the memories big guy. You have been my favorite Brave for 2 years. Been watching your stats through the minors and will continue too with your new club. Hope you have an awesome career.

vCash

Farewell El Oso Blanco

Thanks
    Smart Person List: BRAVE KID, Beldugo, flea, Jeffy25

vCash
    Even though it was for a short period of time this guy made us fans jump off our seats, he was a joy to watch and clutch as hell. I hope the Legend of EL Oso Blanco keep growing.

vCash
    I think he will hit 50+ HRs for the stros in that park lol

vCash
    One last time for old times sake:

http://usatthebiglead.files.wordpres...nco.gif?w=1000

Bravo95, Me, and ATL-ALL-DAY

Thanks for the memories El Oso Blanco and best of luck with your new team!

vCash
    One more time for old times sake:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKamM3XN85g
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECX8smvq3jY

Could see this against us

vCash
    I think one of his most memorable homers was in a game against LAD we were losing by 1 in the 8th and after one out and a runner on Gattis came up to the plate against Kenley Jansen and a full crowd, he hit a homer on one of the most unhittable pitch in the game, cutter on the inside corner, it was just amazing. I remember a homer he hit against strasburg on a very high fastball that I still don't know how he managed to catch it even less how he hit it out. So many moments, he is one of the most incredible players I have ever seen.
    Last edited by beldugo; 01-16-2015 at 12:13 PM.

vCash
    Is this a tongue in cheek thread? Everyone couldn't wait for him to be in a different uniform. Y'all were clamoring over each other for him to get traded.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chipurmunki View Post
    Is this a tongue in cheek thread? Everyone couldn't wait for him to be in a different uniform. Y'all were clamoring over each other for him to get traded.
    I think trading bet could have gotten us a decent return, but now we will be stuck with a horrible C oh well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chipurmunki View Post
    I loved him for who he was and was only willing to trade him if we got good players in return. Still not at the level I was hoping for but it seems most people who are paid to report on it say the Braves won the trade (So far).

But if the Braves where really going to force him to play LF then its best for both him and the Braves to trade him. I know the Astros are thinking of playing him in LF as well but they can more Carter to 1B and have him DH when they see him not doing well in the field. I wish him the best and hope at least one of the guys we got for him trun out well.

vCash
    Gattis has been my favorite Brave the past 2 seasons. My favorite memory of him is definitely last year when the Braves played in Pittsburgh. I was sitting in the left field bleachers and we were beating the Pirates pretty bad, 10-2 in the 8th. I moved behind home plate for the last inning and as soon as I sat down I had to stand back up to watch the bomb that Gattis hit off the cat walk in left field. It was a monster home run. I've never heard the crack of a bat so loud before. It was awesome.

http://m.braves.mlb.com/news/article...-monster-blast
    ^ highlight of the home run

I cant wait to stand on the podium with Zygi and Mark and Jonathan, and were standing on the podium, and we look up and the confetti is falling down on top of us, and were all hand in hand, and Commissioner Goodell comes over and hands the Super Bowl trophy to Mr. Wilf and tells him hes world champion, that is my goal and that is my drive.
    - Mike Zimmer

vCash
    Gattis was exciting. You believed every AB could end in a HR. I loved that excitement and his back-story.

But at the end of the day Gattis was not healthy enough to be a fulltime catcher and is a defensive liability anywhere else. It is better for the team that he was traded for something of value.

If Gattis could play a near average LF I would have been all over ATL keeping him for the extended future.