Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Thread: Yoan Moncada

vCash

Yoan Moncada

Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada is currently in the United States, according to MLB.com.

Moncada arrived on a visitor visa, and is currently living in Florida with his agent. Moncada has been declared a free-agent by Major League Baseball, but still needs to be unblocked by the U.S. Department of Treasury's Office of Foreign Assets Control before he can sign with a club. Moncada will likely begin hosting private workouts for teams now that he's in the US.
    http://fantasynews.cbssports.com/fan...-united-states

We are reported to have interest in him and well everyone else seems to have a Thread so why not?

vCash
    I really hope we pull out all the stops on this kid.
    ]

vCash
    This is a tempting signing. Could be an OF or a 3B down the road. High risk, but a possible high reward, too. Not an immediate answer to any problems, but maybe another 2017 piece.

I usually like to shy away from Cuban players, but this kid does peak my interest.

vCash
    http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2014/1...moncada-3.html

I found this part most interesting:

Itís still unknown when Moncada will be cleared to sign, and the date of that clearance does carry weight; if heís cleared before June 15, heíll be a free agent in the 2014-15 signing period, making the Cubs and Rangers ineligible to sign him (each incurred maximum penalties in the 2013-14 signing period). If heís not declared until after that date, heíll be a 2015-16 free agent, meaning the Yankees, Red Sox and Rays wonít be able to sign him due to penalties from the current signing period.

Depending on when he can sign, it either gets rid of Cubs/Rangers or Yanks/Red Sox. Teams that have deep pockets and would figure to be major players otherwise. Can only help our chances. Even though there will still be 28 other teams interested I'm sure lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YunelSucks View Post
    http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2014/1...moncada-3.html

I found this part most interesting:

Itís still unknown when Moncada will be cleared to sign, and the date of that clearance does carry weight; if heís cleared before June 15, heíll be a free agent in the 2014-15 signing period, making the Cubs and Rangers ineligible to sign him (each incurred maximum penalties in the 2013-14 signing period). If heís not declared until after that date, heíll be a 2015-16 free agent, meaning the Yankees, Red Sox and Rays wonít be able to sign him due to penalties from the current signing period.

Depending on when he can sign, it either gets rid of Cubs/Rangers or Yanks/Red Sox. Teams that have deep pockets and would figure to be major players otherwise. Can only help our chances. Even though there will still be 28 other teams interested I'm sure lol
    Interesting indeed! I personally think the Braves do whatever it takes to get this guy. Hart is big on signing international players, I think this will be his first get with the Braves. They had the biggest turnout for his workout last month which included coppy, Blakely, Russo and Roy clark

vCash

vCash
    highly doubt we sign him. the braves dont do bidding wars.
    Smart Person List: BRAVE KID, Beldugo, flea, Jeffy25

vCash
    He won't be a Brave. Dodgers, Yankees, Red Sox in that order.

vCash
    Read we pulled out of the running awhile ago. Now that he is a fa his price tag just went up as well. Doubt we sign him.

vCash
    Baseball really needs to get a salary cap before these big market clubs permanently ruin the game.

vCash
    Can someone tell me why they're so interested in Olivera and supposedly out on Moncada?
    I realize Moncada is much more expensive, but Olivera is 29. Moncada is 19.
    Is Olivera THAT much cheaper?

I need to get ESPN Deportes to learn more about these Latin American ballplayers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by noraj9 View Post
    Can someone tell me why they're so interested in Olivera and supposedly out on Moncada?
    I realize Moncada is much more expensive, but Olivera is 29. Moncada is 19.
    Is Olivera THAT much cheaper?

I need to get ESPN Deportes to learn more about these Latin American ballplayers.
    Yoan Moncada is going to get $40-50M+, Hector Olivera won't get a 1/8th of that.

vCash