Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who should the rangers captain be?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Richards

1 7.69%
  • Callahan

12 92.31%
  • Staal

0 0%
  • other

0 0%
    njnets is offline JerseyStrongBrooklynReady
    vCash

who should the rangers captain be?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puc...rn=nhl-wp10370

interesting article and a pretty good read.

richards wore the A with the lightning when torts was the coach.

cally was basically the captain last year. he also is used on the ice for every situation.

staal is our best defenseman and he has the most ice time.

who would you pick?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezekial View Post
    Commissioner Stern is stern. Stern, but fair.

Quote Originally Posted by sep11ie View Post
    You either have to deal with tornados or Snookie. Either way your gonna get sucked and blown.

vCash
    I'd be shocked if it wasn't Callahan.

njnets is offline JerseyStrongBrooklynReady
    vCash
    my pick is callahan too. but richards torts connection is there so its definitely a possibility. cally is just so important and influential that i think he should be wearing the C
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezekial View Post
    Commissioner Stern is stern. Stern, but fair.

Quote Originally Posted by sep11ie View Post
    You either have to deal with tornados or Snookie. Either way your gonna get sucked and blown.

vCash
    I think the consensus among most fans would be Callahan. Probably Torts favorite too but I wouldnt be surprised if he went with Richards. He made a comment right after the season basically saying that the Captain will work itself out throughout the offseason which I think Gross said maybe he meant Richards.

vCash
    I said Richards, IMO your captain should usually be your best player. I like Cally but Richards has more talent and is probably our best player(minus Henrik). He also is a strong leader and locker room guy. I am not saying Cally isnt a good locker room guy or lacks leadership but Cally is probably on our second line next year while Richards is looked at as making us a cup contender. Thats a big difference.

vCash
    usually that is not the case....the captain is the leader....the one who epitomizes ur team....thats cally hands down

props to sfgiants5518

GO 'CUSE

vCash
    Callahan.

He is not only a leader on the team, but represents what the organization is striving for. In the AHL, the coaches encourage players to model their game after Callahan. A the NHL level, the mantra in recent years has been our "core youth."

To me, it is Callahan, without much doubt. I understand the thought of Richards, due to his top tier talent. And Dubinsky and Staal due to their skills and coming up through the Rangers system. But for a variety of reasons, I believe Callahan edges out all three.

I find it interesting that Callahan was the first player to raise his game upon the hiring of Tortorella; he went on a scoring tear the last 15 games or so that season. Ever since then, Tortorella has been riding him hard, in terms of giving Callahan more and more responsibilities, and Callahan has delivered each time.

vCash
    Richards, Cally and Staal... you decide who gets what

vCash
    Cally gets the C.

I think Dubinksy and Staal should get the As but I feel like it will probably be Richards and Staal.

vCash
    predictably... cally gets my vote.. he deserves it and will be a great captain for years to come... however i wouldnt be suprised to see torts give it to richards, and A yes, but i dont think rohards has earned it as a ranger to i hope it goes to cally who has probably earned it most out of everyone

vCash
    I really don't see why Richards has to come into the conversation at all really, it should be Callahan with Staal and Dubinsky. Richards hasn't even played a game in a Rangers uniform and probably never even met most of the players before, he should probably spend a year in the room getting to know what makes the players tick, every player is different and sometimes it's good to know how a player will react to different types of motivation. I realize he has a good working relationship with the coach, but there's 20 other guys in there too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bsi View Post
    I really don't see why Richards has to come into the conversation at all really, it should be Callahan with Staal and Dubinsky. Richards hasn't even played a game in a Rangers uniform and probably never even met most of the players before, he should probably spend a year in the room getting to know what makes the players tick, every player is different and sometimes it's good to know how a player will react to different types of motivation. I realize he has a good working relationship with the coach, but there's 20 other guys in there too.
    THIS IS PRETTY MUCH THE REASON HE IS IN THE CONVO... AND WILL LIKELY GET AN a AT LEAST.. NOT THAT I DONT AGREE WITH YOU.. IT IT TURNS OUT ITS CALLY, STAAL AND DUBI.. I WOULD BE MORE THAN HAPPY

oh sorry didnt mean the capital letters lol

vCash
    Also, if they think that by giving Gaborik a letter, it will motivate him... they should do it.