Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Should Yankees claim Wandy Rodriguez if given the chance?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • No.

20 60.61%
  • Yes, I want him on the team.

6 18.18%
  • Yes, but only to block him from going to a rival.

7 21.21%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Wandy to be placed on waivers - should Yankees grab him?

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2011/0...this-week.html

Odds are he won't make it far enough through waivers for the Yankees to claim him, but on the off chance he does, should we claim him?

vCash
    No and he won't make it to us on waivers. There are NL teams ready to claim him and it is a good thing because he will get bombed in the AL East. Nova is better than Wandy at this point.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by J-Loco View Post
    No and he won't make it to us on waivers. There are NL teams ready to claim him and it is a good thing because he will get bombed in the AL East. Nova is better than Wandy at this point.
    Oh I know he likely won't, but you can be sure Cashman is having (or has already had) this conversation just in case. I'm just curious where the fans would on the issue, even if it is a long shot.

vCash
    We don't need him. CC, Garcia, Colon, and Nova have all been better this year AND they pitch in the AL east. Hughes hasn't been as good, but I'd take Hughes over him because of the future. He's better than AJ, but we're stuck w/ him. Taking into account production, contract, and potential, Wandy doesn't make sense over any of our current 6 starters.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Haha View Post
    What I feel right now is like the satisfaction you feel when a highly judgmental, moralistic televangelist gets caught screwing a male hooker.
    NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Trill Team

vCash
    This may be a stupid question, but whats the waiver order as now and how does the system work? Ive honestly never understood it.

vCash
    While we may not need him for this season, what about next year? Our rotation will look like this without him:
    CC
    Nova
    Burnett
    Hughes
    ?

Unless I'm forgetting someone, that's not a whole lot of depth. ManBan and betances may have high ceilings, but are far from polished. With that said, I trust Wandy more than any internal options we have.

vCash
    Yes, get him. Its only money and there are no high priced guys we are going after anyway. Its for next year. He can be a lefty this year out of pen.

vCash
    Dont need him. Maybe if one of Colon, Garcia, or Nova were struggling (cant take Burnett out), but they are doing perfectly fine. Im confident that the staff we have now, combine with our offense can do damage in October

PSD's 2011 Diva's Champion

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYYTex25 View Post
    While we may not need him for this season, what about next year? Our rotation will look like this without him:
    CC
    Nova
    Burnett
    Hughes
    ?

Unless I'm forgetting someone, that's not a whole lot of depth. ManBan and betances may have high ceilings, but are far from polished. With that said, I trust Wandy more than any internal options we have.
    Garcia, Colon

vCash
    No theo nly moves id make are calling uo montero/banuelos/and either warren/phelps or betances whoebver would be best our of the bullpen

KnicksR4Real
    ^^^^^Props to my man for this sick SIG!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Knightsport View Post
    Garcia, Colon
    I dont see us resigning Freddy or Colon, but if ANYTHING, I can see us giving Freddy another shot. Colon is a donut away from the DL. No, seriously though, he has a lot of innings thrown when you factor in his innings from the international league (?).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolvesjagsfan10 View Post
    This may be a stupid question, but whats the waiver order as now and how does the system work? Ive honestly never understood it.
    worst team in the league the player is currently in gets the frist crack, and it works its way up worst to best through that league. then it goes to the opposite league and does the same
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    i'd give him a shot. worst case we cut him/keep him off theb playoff roster. putting a claim would be a good idea
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BelieveTheDream View Post
    No theo nly moves id make are calling uo montero/banuelos/and either warren/phelps or betances whoebver would be best our of the bullpen
    I like the idea of ManBan complementing Boone Logan as our two LOOGY pitchers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYYTex25 View Post
    I dont see us resigning Freddy or Colon, but if ANYTHING, I can see us giving Freddy another shot. Colon is a donut away from the DL. No, seriously though, he has a lot of innings thrown when you factor in his innings from the international league (?).
    He's been our #2 pitcher and he's always been overweight... why would we not look into resigning him?

Now if he asks for $10m thats a different story, but I'm sure NY will try to resign him unless he absolutely implodes

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast