Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are you ready!?

vCash

Exclamation Are you ready!?

Well... August is almost over and Pre-Season Hockey is just around the corner.

How do you feel about the new roster this year?

I hear about a couple of more try outs such as Alexei Semenov and others trying to make training camp. But thus far are the Rangers done with building their roster for 2011 - 2012? What do you think of this team this year? How far will we go.

Personally, I'm not keen on the roster until I see them play together. Its nice to see a complete team but I can't make any predictions until I see some action. But over all I think they made some good changes and I honestly hope that the leadership of Richards can really help improve our team.

vCash
    Cup Bound! Haha, a guy can wish right? But hey, I think we got a good shot, young team, plenty of talent, with two big point getters on the first line in Gabby and Richards, we have the roster, we'll see if they can play together and stay healthy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Foge7 View Post
    Cup Bound! Haha, a guy can wish right? But hey, I think we got a good shot, young team, plenty of talent, with two big point getters on the first line in Gabby and Richards, we have the roster, we'll see if they can play together and stay healthy.
    I don't think winning the cup is that far out of reach this season.

vCash
    I am very ready

vCash
    "Can't wait!"

vCash
    August is almost over ? Am I looking at the same calender ?

vCash
    Well, August 12 is almost over. Not really, but almost.

vCash
    Your not keen on this roster till they play with each other? You do realize that we have more than 90% of our NHL roster returning and probably around the same for our AHL Affiliated team. Meaning all but 2-3 guys are coming onto our team and everyone else is the same. So not only did they play with each other already, most of the team has played with each other for 2-3 maybe 4 seasons. A couple of these guys have played with each other on different clubs and on the same national team.

Were not the Flyers who have an entirely new roster coming their way.

We had a solid team for the past two years. But with Brad Richards joining our team, we have immediately become a better team. Idk about how good they compare against the top 3 in the East (or who that top 3 exactly is) but they are better. Brad brings in everything we needed to fill this summer. A guy who can bring attention away from our top scorer who needs room to do his job well. A guy who brings leadership and experience for our pretty young team. A guy who will handle the point on the PP with poise and skill and power. 3 dangerious combo we needed for the PP, a weak PP bound to improve. Best of all, his presence will allow our last years top players in Dubinsky, Callahan and Stepan to play a less stressful role on the 2nd line rather than always going up against the opponents best lines.

Michael Rupp is a more well rounded player than any TOUGH guy we had in the last few years.

vCash
    Last year was about investing in our youth and getting them playoff experience. One year of maturation for a handful of these players (AA, Stepan, McD, Sauer, MZA, Dubi) automatically makes us better. Add in Richards and Rupp, who will prove to be a main cog for our team, in my view, and we are a team that should do some damage in the league this season.

I am very much looking forward to seeing this team progress away from an "up-and-coming" profile, toward one of "expected teams to go deep".

vCash
    Does anybody expect a rookie forward to win a spot on the roster this season? Hagelin (LW) instead of Avery? Thomas (RW) instead of MZA? I would like to see somebody supplant Fedotenko, but his PK duties are unlikely to be assumed by any of the guys I mentioned, so he'll stay. It would have to mean winning a chance at a regular shift, and not simply being a healthy scratch, and would also help to save some cap space.

vCash
    I think you'll see J.T. Miller and Thomas shine this year at some point. I would hope so cause they have great potential.

vCash
    I don't think JT Miller but Thomas I think makes the team out of camp. Just a hunch. Knowing Torts and how hungry these kids are in the pipeline wanting to get in on the action on Broadway, Sean Avery is in serious jeopardy of losing his job. If he can't bring that same hustle and drive every night of preseason along with putting up next to no points he could easily be replaced. If MZA doesn't really show flashes of progression he will get some time on the Whale. Although I'd rather he start the year on the big club as he is one of the more talented and creative players on the roster. He just needs time in the Show to actually develop and get use to applying those abilities.
    New York Rangers - Atlanta Braves - New York Giants - Kobe Bryant

vCash
    I predict the rangers will finish in 5th and make it passed the first round of the playofffs! Depending on who they play they make it to the third round but we will see.....

vCash
    Our team is deep and young. The addition of Richards really allows our young guys to play on 2nd and 3rd lines, rather than against top defensemen. This should translate into more scoring on those lines. Cally coming back healthy is another reason I believe we're going to the Eastern Conference finals at least.

vCash

re

great thing i see for this team is depth at every position now with the addition of richards.. if somebody goes down other guys can fill the void... we instantly moved to the top 5 teams in the east ..if the rookies blossom it can be a detroit type of team .. torts has the passion and know how.. and king henrick will finally get a taste of lord stanely .. we should of been boston last year just missing a few pieces and injuries hurt us... and at the trade deadline we sit in total control for once and not desperate mode

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast