Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    vCash
    Well, nice to see everyone thinks this kids is just going to come up and become Lou Gehrig... just step into MVP level quality... Sorry to say, history shows that the odds are highly against him on that..

As far as him being called up anytime soon (even a Sept. callup), first, we need to lose someone from the 40 man roster to make room for him. Right now, the only person I can see that with is if we just cut Jorge, which I don't see happening. (The same issue to bring up Man Ban as well) Unless Martin or Cervelli go down for the season, I am not expecting any moves that would bring either of them eligible to be brought up.

I do expect to see Betances in Sept., but he is already on the 40 man roster making him eligible for the call-up without losing another name.

vCash
    OH GOD NO ! WE CAN"T PUT HIM IN THE POSTSEASON!!! THAT WOULD SCARE HIM!!!

Give me a ****ing break, will ya...

vCash
    they can add montero to the 40 man right now without losing anyone

and who said the post season would scare Montero?

vCash
    sepetember first is the latest we'll see him im sure
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Boo. Remember when Kevin Maas came up and destroed the last 2 months.
    Solarte, oh, oh!
    Solarte, oh, oh, oh, oh!

[Nel blu, dipinto di blu
    Felice di stare lassù
    Nel biu, dipinto di blu
    Felice di stare lass]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by infernoscurse View Post
    pretty sure they would have chavez, Núñez, jones and cervelli over Montero unless he becomes the second coming of babe ruth down the stretch
    Brett Lawrie,Jamele Weeks,Desmond Jennings,Dustin Ackley all top prospects alll doing well and montero is projected to be a better hitter then alll of them...Chavez vs righties, And montero's numbers vs lefties are really good plus we could catch him a few times a week and rest martin and maybe he can actually start hitting again

KnicksR4Real
    ^^^^^Props to my man for this sick SIG!!!

vCash
    I looked everywhere to see if I can find his splits for his stats in the post season but in 2008 and 2010 he made the all post season team so im guessing he did good and I dont think the pressure gets to this kid...He was fighting to stay here and play for the yankees and in NY he wants to be here and embrace what being a yankee is and I love that and that shows me that he has confidence in his game and even if he is in a bad stretch he believes in himself and his skill set which well by looking at his numbers and awards he has won and still only being 21 I think thats great..He seems real Mature and ready for the challlenge

KnicksR4Real

vCash
    I'd dfa Pena, Molina, and maybe one of our worse relieves whelan? Then option cervelli to triple a.

vCash
    pretty sure they would have chavez, Núñez, jones and cervelli over Montero unless he becomes the second coming of babe ruth down the stretch
    It's not like Cervelli is a vet. He's a high energy back-up catcher that was on his way to the Pirates.
    Friend: I think the NBA payed off the Heat in the first yr because of the politics. They threw game four and they payed Lebron because they were angry with what he did. So he had pay one way or another.

F:There is no one in the draft coming out and trading players isn't going to happen. The Lakers are in trouble.

F: Vogel doesn't run that team. Shaw does. If he leaves they are going to suck and Vogel will get fired.

-Heat fan

vCash
    it has nothing to do with being a vet, its that hes the backup catcher and they need him, the same way with chavez as the lefty bat or dh, also Nuñez the backup infielder and jones the back up OF so Montero comes down to wheter they carry extra pitchers or DFA posada and i doubt they are going to DFA posada after they carried him the whole year

vCash
    it has nothing to do with being a vet, its that hes the backup catcher and they need him, the same way with chavez as the lefty bat or dh, also Nuñez the backup infielder and jones the back up OF so Montero comes down to wheter they carry extra pitchers or DFA posada and i doubt they are going to DFA posada after they carried him the whole year
    I don't think they'll DFA Posada, but if they look hard enough, they might find some minor injury that is DL-worthy.

vCash
    if he doesnt play how can they justify a DL :P

vCash
    Check out Jesus Montero Oppo homer yesterday I mean this kid has such power to right center Im so curious to how he would do in yankee stadium I feel like the field was made for a hitter like him...He has power to all fields and has hit atleast 5-6 Oppo homers right center which people dont realize how impressive that is.....

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/m...nt_id=17860445

KnicksR4Real

vCash
    we are going to kill this guy when we realize he will just be another baseball player and not a superstar like we have him predicted to be(though i am hopefull) we have as god and he is only 21 i just we dont see early threads about him and how he shouldve been traded.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thapastime7 View Post
    we are going to kill this guy when we realize he will just be another baseball player and not a superstar like we have him predicted to be(though i am hopefull) we have as god and he is only 21 i just we dont see early threads about him and how he shouldve been traded.
    If he is an average hitter with a below average glove, then he is a failure. I don't mean this year or even next, I mean long term.

He is on track to be a very, very special hitter. Anything short of a regular all-star and occassional MVP candidate is a bust.
    Solarte, oh, oh!
    Solarte, oh, oh, oh, oh!

[Nel blu, dipinto di blu
    Felice di stare lassù
    Nel biu, dipinto di blu
    Felice di stare lass]

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast