Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oak2455 View Post
    September means no postseason ....which would suck....whatever Yanks
    No. It means when they can increase the roster. They can make the playoffs and have Montero on the roster if they need to have him there. Or they just bring him up for a couple weeks. We will see him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    No. It means when they can increase the roster. They can make the playoffs and have Montero on the roster if they need to have him there. Or they just bring him up for a couple weeks. We will see him.
    Incorrect. You must be on the roster before Sept. to be eligible for the postseason roster.
    Solarte, oh, oh!
    Solarte, oh, oh, oh, oh!

[Nel blu, dipinto di blu
    Felice di stare lassł
    Nel biu, dipinto di blu
    Felice di stare lass]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thapastime7 View Post
    we are going to kill this guy when we realize he will just be another baseball player and not a superstar like we have him predicted to be(though i am hopefull) we have as god and he is only 21 i just we dont see early threads about him and how he shouldve been traded.
    I am telling you right now this kid is not just another baseballl player...at 6'3 225 who is only 21 years old but is way beyond his years when it comes to hitting its not even funny....He thrives under pressure, He hits not only for average but he hits for power to ALL PARTS OF THE FIELD, Im so curious how he will do in yankee stadium cause he loves going to right center and has hit pretty much half his HR to right center....You can question his glove all you want...But his work ethic his maturity and is ability to hit at such a high level at such a young age is so impressive that people take for granted....Im dying to see Montero one day hit behind Cano that 1-2 punch coulld potentially be as dynamic as it gets...

He wants to be in NY he wants to thrive in NY and embrace the pressure when "just another baseball player" would crumble with all of the stuff montero has been put through already and how people try and criticize him and bring him down but does that stop him....nah it doesn't...It's time for another shot of youth in our lineup and Montero I truly believe would really help bolster this team and our morale in general..... CALL HIM UP!!!!!

PS: I just went to check out some video of him on minor league .com and this guy I cant get over how long he wait to let the ball travel and how he crushes it opposite field I mean damn I want to see what he can do, Cut some1 Get him up here Give him Number 45 And let the beginning of a new Era Of Mixing Proven stars in Arod-Mo-Jeter-Tex-Granderson-CC etc with our younger guys in Cano-Gardy-D-rob-Nova-Hughes-Montero and eventually manny B and Betances this is something I have been waiting for was to have a greta mix of young energy guys along with stars who may be a bit older but still can produce I LOVE IT!!!!!!! well I dont love it yet until we get them up
    Last edited by BelieveTheDream; 08-10-2011 at 05:50 PM.

KnicksR4Real
    ^^^^^Props to my man for this sick SIG!!!

vCash
    He wants to be in NY he wants to thrive in NY and embrace the pressure when "just another baseball player" would crumble with all of the stuff montero has been put through already and how people try and criticize him and bring him down but does that stop him.
    So do I, and so do thousands of players that have ever been in the Yankees and Mets organizations... but only a small percentage ever have that happen.

To be real here, they say that when looking at AAA stats, discount by 20% to compare with MLB stats... not always accurate, but normally a good indicator...

Now, don't hold your breath on him being up this season... not saying it won't happen, but before he can be brought up to the 25 man roster, he needs to be added to the 40 man roster... Unless Montero suddenly becomes a pitcher, or Martin/Cervelli gets hurt.. I just don't see that happening... We are not hurting for offense... we need pitching right now. And last I looked, Jesus does not pitch.

vCash
    We need pitching??? What a 7th starter?
    Solarte, oh, oh!
    Solarte, oh, oh, oh, oh!

[Nel blu, dipinto di blu
    Felice di stare lassł
    Nel biu, dipinto di blu
    Felice di stare lass]

vCash
    Personally, Im all for just outright releasing Posada. It might be a "crap move" but this is a business. He's not going to give you any "breaks" when it comes contract time so why give him a break just because he's "a true Yankee". Thank him for his time, welcome him back during special events and just move on. Call up Montero let him split time with Chavez at DH. When Arod is ready, send down Chavez. Montero DHs while splitting time with Arod/Jeter/Cano when Nunez fills in for them.

Everything else is pretty much set in place for our playoff run, including Sabathia, Nova, Colon, Garcia and Hughes

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Laying Low View Post
    Incorrect. You must be on the roster before Sept. to be eligible for the postseason roster.
    Thanks thought there were new rules lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYYankees12 View Post
    Personally, Im all for just outright releasing Posada. It might be a "crap move" but this is a business. He's not going to give you any "breaks" when it comes contract time so why give him a break just because he's "a true Yankee". Thank him for his time, welcome him back during special events and just move on. Call up Montero let him split time with Chavez at DH. When Arod is ready, send down Chavez. Montero DHs while splitting time with Arod/Jeter/Cano when Nunez fills in for them.

Everything else is pretty much set in place for our playoff run, including Sabathia, Nova, Colon, Garcia and Hughes

Cervelli.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    vCash
    I thought You needed to be on the 40 man by midnight of the 31 of aug. to be eligible.

I did my research and you are indeed correct. 25 man roster by midnight of the 31. Thank you. I was mistaken.

I thought that he would be put on the 40 and called up in sept for the expanded rosters which would have in my world made him available for the playoffs.
    So we will only see him for that short period and he wont be on the playoff roster. Because as bad as he sucks, Jorge is on it no matter what.

vCash
    the 40 man roster, not the 25 man. so him being added to that doesnt mena he'll be brought up before the rosters expand
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash

at this point they can't. they've stuck with him far longer than they should have, and cutting him 20 days before the rosters expand will create a PR nightmare. they should ahve cut him awhile ago, its basically too late now
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    there are loophpoles though, if theres an injury they can call to the 25 man post season roster who ever is on the 40 man

vCash

You need to really look at the roster rules... You cannot send Chavez down without his permission... too much service time.

I would rather have Chavez DH'ing anyway... he has a MLB proven bat... Montero has not proven anything at the MLB level yet.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DasBoot View Post

Cervelli.
    Can't. Need a backup catcher. Unless we bring up Montero as well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYYNYKNYG View Post
    Can't. Need a backup catcher. Unless we bring up Montero as well.
    No I was saying I'm not going to lose Chavez for Cervelli.
    Montero is basically a catcher...basically

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast