New core four!!

is it me or is the yankees trying to set up the new core four

derek jeter(Robinson Cano)
    mariano Rivera(Dave robertson maybe)
    jorge posada(Montero)
    andy pettite(Manny banuelos)

maybe even
    bernie williams(brett gardner)

If that the case i think they want to bring them all up around the same time eventhough cano and robertson are already here but relatively young

vCash
    cano would be more bernie than jeter since cano came way before the rest

vCash
    i was goin more towards position (infield) and reputation. i think cano will be the next jeter wen it comes to fans and who there fav player on the team is as well as sucess which he already has. maybe biased based on that he is my fav yankee as well

vCash
    cano is a moron jeter is not so i dont think they are similar, besides manban and montero still havent done anything in the bigs to consider them a core, kinda early

vCash
    so two guys who have yet to step foot on the field at the major league levle have done enough to be compared to posada and pettitte? are you ****ing kidding me?
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Those are high expectations a hall of fame short stop, borderline hof catcher, hof reliever destined to break saves record, and border line hof lefty pitcher.

vCash
    I'll just say I hope you are right.

I won't knock you because I want you to be right.

vCash
    Nobody sets up a core anything. When you have solid players to build a team around, whether its 3, 4, or 5, that's a core group of players. Ya'll make to much of the core non-sense.
    Solarte, oh, oh!
    Solarte, oh, oh, oh, oh!

[Nel blu, dipinto di blu
    Felice di stare lassł
    Nel biu, dipinto di blu
    Felice di stare lass]

vCash
    And if you were to talk about the current young group of core players worth building around, its Cano, Granderson, Hughes, Nova in my book.
    Solarte, oh, oh!
    Solarte, oh, oh, oh, oh!

[Nel blu, dipinto di blu
    Felice di stare lassł
    Nel biu, dipinto di blu
    Felice di stare lass]

vCash
    holy **** are you guys serious the thread says trying keyword trying you cant even have a discussion without be rediculed for the wording on your threads yet people seem not read it. i sed trying do you think yankees hoped for a dynasty when they brought them up do you think they was trying to emulate murder row NO. ALL I SED WAS DO YOU THINK THAT THEY ARE LOOKIN FOR A NEW CORE. LIKE OUT WITH OLD IN WITH THE NEW SHEESH. AM NOT COMPARING THEM IN NUMBER IN STATS NUTTIN OF THAT SORTS.

vCash
    i think the yankees would love that but to compare any of the young guys to the origanal core 4 is a huge stretch. Considering Mo is widely considered the best reliever of all time to hope that Robertson would even turnout close is pretty wishful thinking.

If Banuelos has anywhere close to the career Pettite did i will do backflips even if he just puts up simliar numbers to what Pettite did early in his career i ll still be thrilled

I could make the same argument about Montero

MY personal opinion is that our next true young core isn't on the Yankees yet, maybe be in the farm system maybe on another team, only the future will tell

vCash
    Core has become such an overused term. You can't create a core. The term is used, or at least should be used, to identify a nucleus of players who are good enough and young enough to build a team around for a very long time.

So, right now, ARod can be a core player but he isn't someone you build a future team around. Same with Mo. Jeter is just not good enough anymore.

Grandy and Cano are such. Teix, maybe, may be a bit old. Hughes and Nova have each shown flashes. Will Robertson, Gardner have long enough career's? Unclear. Montero, Romine, Banuelos, Bettances, and so on....need to do something at the major league level first.

You don't need a core to be 4 players, or to be hall of famers. Just solid, long term players.
    Solarte, oh, oh!
    Solarte, oh, oh, oh, oh!

[Nel blu, dipinto di blu
    Felice di stare lassł
    Nel biu, dipinto di blu
    Felice di stare lass]

vCash
    Cut the guy some slack

vCash
    way too much unneeded OP bashing

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thapastime7 View Post
    holy **** are you guys serious the thread says trying keyword trying you cant even have a discussion without be rediculed for the wording on your threads yet people seem not read it. i sed trying do you think yankees hoped for a dynasty when they brought them up do you think they was trying to emulate murder row NO. ALL I SED WAS DO YOU THINK THAT THEY ARE LOOKIN FOR A NEW CORE. LIKE OUT WITH OLD IN WITH THE NEW SHEESH. AM NOT COMPARING THEM IN NUMBER IN STATS NUTTIN OF THAT SORTS.
    And they pretty much answered "no". I'm glad to see new guys like you posting here, but don't get defensive when people disagree with what you say or how you say it. I mean, Power up there was overly harsh, but I don't see how most of the others were being unfair. Check in on a 7chuck7 post if you want to see some abuse.

As for your original question, Core Four was always a bit of a marketing gimmick - the real core was much larger than 4 in the dynasty years, and there really is no way to recreate that intentionally. You just try putting the best guys together that you can, and sometimes it just clicks.
    Last edited by misterd; 08-10-2011 at 06:19 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast