• Pierre-Marc Bouchard

0 0%
  • Wes Walz

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

vCash

Greatest Players In Wild History (#1)

This forum probably isn't active enough, but here it is anyway. Hopefully it will spark some kind of discussion. All you have to do is vote for who you think is the best Wild player of all time, then once we have a definitive #1 we will move on to #2. I am only going to list 10 players soes to keep it simple.

Note: Your vote needs to be based on how well the player in question did with the Wild, not with teams before or after.

vCash
    Each poll will be open to vote for 1 week from the day it's posted to give all you slackers ample time.

vCash
    I voted Brunette for 2 reasons, he was a great leader for us, and second I will never forget the goal he scored vs Colorado after we came back from being down 3-1, and beat Roy on that goal to end Roy's career, may not be greatest ever, but my favorite thus far. Too bad we couldnt get past anahiem that year.
    \

vCash
    I vote Mikko on the basis of potential with this team, his leadership and what he has done so far to this point. I cant for Gaborik he set this team back many many years. Bruno is a close second for me because of his goal and what he has done but I think Mikko will be a better player than both

vCash
    gaborik easily...its like in the timberwolves thread putting KG up against Gugliotta.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleJesus View Post
    gaborik easily...its like in the timberwolves thread putting KG up against Gugliotta.
    If you want to base it all on points, but Gaborik held out, missed tons of games and was a baby, and never really showed up when we made the playoffs. Yes I loved him when he was on the wild but the greatest player ever wild.. he is not , maybe most talented scoring goals.
    \

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wild1414 View Post
    If you want to base it all on points, but Gaborik held out, missed tons of games and was a baby, and never really showed up when we made the playoffs. Yes I loved him when he was on the wild but the greatest player ever wild.. he is not , maybe most talented scoring goals.
    Gaborik had (437) total points with the Wild and there isn't anyone even close to that, Brunette being the closest at (285). Sure it wouldn't make sense to base this off points alone, but the difference is so vast I think the number really speaks for itself. I wasn't even going to make a thread to vote for the all time franchise player because I thought it was pointless since it was so obvious. He may have been injury prone, and he may have skipped town, but Gaborik is the only true superstar the Wild have ever had.

vCash
    Nope sorry I cannot put him in superstar category. I just cant. He skipped town when reportedly we offered him a better deal than NY (something I heard back than might not have been true), he wouldnt let us trade him, terrible attitude, missed games to his glass groin, he was the porcelain doll of hockey and still is! Didnt perform when he was needed. Yeah sorry in my book he isnt a top tier talent but in that second tier. Yeah he put up a lot of points but I mean I would take Nash anyday in that draft over Gaborik. Loyal puts up almost if not just as good of points and is a team player thats reliable.

Superstars will come (and go obviously) and we will get, and deserve better than Gaborik. Im hoping Granlund or Coyle or someone does.

Basically im not in the majority that says points make the best player. I think Datysuk is the best player in the NHL with his play on both ends, reliability, clutch performance, dedication and leadership. But yet he doesnt match the points of Ovie, or Crosby or Stamkos but I would take Datsyuk over all of them.
    Last edited by pidg88; 08-11-2011 at 02:11 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pidg88 View Post
    Nope sorry I cannot put him in superstar category. I just cant. He skipped town when reportedly we offered him a better deal than NY (something I heard back than might not have been true), he wouldnt let us trade him, terrible attitude, missed games to his glass groin, Yeah he put up a lot of points but I mean I would take Nash anyday in that draft over Gaborik.
    this just furthers my point...emotion gets the best of everyone...Gaborik skipped town, which i dislike him for forever, but that does not mean he was not the best player in Wild history...seriously, it isnt even close. Get emotion out of the way, and Gaborik is by far the best player to ever play for the Wild.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleJesus View Post
    this just furthers my point...emotion gets the best of everyone...Gaborik skipped town, which i dislike him for forever, but that does not mean he was not the best player in Wild history...seriously, it isnt even close. Get emotion out of the way, and Gaborik is by far the best player to ever play for the Wild.
    Ok emotions aside he was probably the best player. But I still dont put him in the superstar category, I still think Mikko will end up being the best in our franchise history for many reasons, and I still say that points doesnt = the best player in our history.I would rather have someone who is durable, plays the entire season, plays on both ends of the ice, shows leadership and responsibility but scores lets say 15-20 less points.

vCash
    Gaborik, and the only one close is Brunette. Gaborik may have left town, but he did so much for this franchise He was their only star, led them to playoffs, and helped put them on the map. When I heard of Minnesota, I heard of Marian Gaborik.

vCash
    people are putting way too much emotion in to this...gaborik is easily the best player in wild history...easily. Anyone who says differently is blinded by emotion.

vCash
    just because gaborik is a jerk doesnt mean he wasnt our best player ever...just because koivu appears to be nice doesnt mean he is our best player ever.

vCash
    This thread is for greatest Wild player, not who put up the most points, Gaborik was only a goal scorer, so if greatness to you is only scoring goals then okay gaborik is your man, but for me its more then a guy who plays more then 50 games a season and only shows up for half when he wants too. I wish we would have traded gaborik when we had the chance, he could have landed us something nice, but not we were a BRUTALLY run hockey club. Gaborik = Not even close to my greatest wild player ever. He is the last guy im going to to battle with.

Just to add one more thing Purple when gaborik held out on us, what were your thought of him then?!
    \

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wild1414 View Post
    This thread is for greatest Wild player, not who put up the most points, Gaborik was only a goal scorer, so if greatness to you is only scoring goals then okay gaborik is your man
    I think you greatly underestimate the value of a talented goal scorer like Gaborik. A player who can consistently score the puck is probably the most important thing you can have.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast