Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 48 of 51 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 ... LastLast
    vCash
    as a general rule of thumb, i don't overanalyze or really get caught up in preseason. the starters are usually playing it somewhat safe (especially the offensive guys), trying to avoid injuries. the backups are just that - backups. and the third stringers are playing the vast majority of the game, even though 98% of them will either end up out of football or lifetime practice squaders.
    JETSMETSKNICKSPENS
    GATOR BAIT!
    UCONN!!!

School in Hoboken, home in Rockland County, NY
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmagic87 View Post
    Again you are comparing 2 years of throwing a QB, who started 16 games in college btw, into the fire to Chad who was allowed to sit and develop. Honestly, Chad was probably never as raw as Sanchez was.

To fairly compare each QB we have to give Sanchez 3 more years. Still, the upside has been displayed and its no where close. There is no way anyone can argue Chad could have done a better job in the post season than Mark has done.

Two completely different situations IMO. Chad was able to fly under the radar, sit for 2 years, and ease his way in.

We literally threw Mark Sanchez into the fire with all our trash talking with Rex and company. The Jets were barely relevant with Chad. Since we got Mark and Rex, we have been a top 5 team and #1 in headlines and attention.

Mark will be 60% + this year.
    What the **** is your point? You're the one who brought up the comparison, and then asked who I would choose, now your criticizing how I made it? You're the one who asked, would I take a healthy Pennington or Sanchez, knowing what I know now, you brought it up. Seriously, WTF are you saying?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VillaMaravilla View Post
    sig bet?
    What with Mark's completion % being over 60?

Sure, I would be my gfs sweet *** on it. What kinda serious Jet fan sig bets against his own starting QB?

vCash
    ilike what i saw out of MC with no type of recievers, maybe he doesnt have the stroingest arm but hes pretty accurate

Europe get READY, THE CHAMPS ARE HERE!

New York Jets..New York Knicks..New York Yankees..Barcelona!!

vCash

Sure, I would be my gfs sweet *** on it. What kinda serious Jet fan sig bets against his own starting QB?
    lets do this

vCash

a fan thats not a homer thats who, i see nothing special about Mark i see something special about the team but not him si yeah let make our sig bet

vCash
    a fan thats not a homer thats who, i see nothing special about Mark i see something special about the team but not him si yeah let make our sig bet
    A sig bet between two Jet fans on the team's quarterback? Come on.

| .372 AVG | 0 HR | 2 RBI | 6 SB | .438 OBP | .442 SLG | .394 wOBA |

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan28 View Post
    What the **** is your point? You're the one who brought up the comparison, and then asked who I would choose, now your criticizing how I made it? You're the one who asked, would I take a healthy Pennington or Sanchez, knowing what I know now, you brought it up. Seriously, WTF are you saying?
    Actually no I didn't bring up the comparison. Someone else said a healthy Pennington is better than Sanchez.

I asked you who would you take and I don't agree with your answer. Its as if you think Mark is going to be stuck at a 55% completion %.

Mark's next 5 years will destroy anything Pennington has done in his career... which is very little btw.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by caņamin View Post
    Not sure I agree..You need to make that catch in this league.
    Which is exactly what I said. But that doesn't change that he had nothing but green infront of him and he had to reach back for the pass, where the defenders where.

He MUST make that catch, but the throw wasn't great.

vCash
    Shame on a Jets fan betting against Sanchez. Third year is the breakout year for QBs.

vCash
    lets do this
    I already said yes. I have complete faith in Mark this season. Within 2 years, Mark will easily be a top 10 QB.

School in Hoboken, home in Rockland County, NY
    vCash
    Actually no I didn't bring up the comparison. Someone else said a healthy Pennington is better than Sanchez.

I asked you who would you take and I don't agree with your answer. Its as if you think Mark is going to be stuck at a 55% completion %.

Mark's next 5 years will destroy anything Pennington has done in his career... which is very little btw.
    I'm done. I mean, you said a healthy Pennington, and in his healthy years, Pennington was by far the best statistical QB in Jets history (even Namath was 3rd in QB rating out of only 9 eligible). The fact that you're saying he did very little, yet you're trying to elevate Sanchez based on 6 games, is so completely ridiculous that you're not even worth having a discussion with.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RevisIsland View Post
    Shame on a Jets fan betting against Sanchez. Third year is the breakout year for QBs.

| .372 AVG | 0 HR | 2 RBI | 6 SB | .438 OBP | .442 SLG | .394 wOBA |

vCash
    Guys I can say that game was awesome,I dont even care that they lost. McElroy is a gamer, he has become one of my fav Jets now. I look forward to following him in his career. Mauga = wow he had a heck of a game. Kerley played well, I see him turning into something good and Kenrick Ellis looked like he could turn into a solid starter down the line.

On a side note, that RT # 77 suckssssssssss his *** needs to be cut. Chris Jennings has no chance of making the team as we already knew and he looked clueless out there which shouldnt help his chances. Logan Payne was productive in practice but really didnt do well on offence especially dropping a deep pass by McElroy. Michael Campbell I liked this kid but dropping that crucial game winning TD hurt his chances by alot.

Good game looking forward to Sunday's game against the Bengals.

Desean "Jet" Jackson

vCash
    ilike what i saw out of MC with no type of recievers, maybe he doesnt have the stroingest arm but hes pretty accurate
    Did you see the last play of the game? Did you see him throw two passes that left Kerley a sitting duck?

I have to wonder if you're confusing the Jets with another team. McElroy wasn't accurate at all. He had a couple of good drives but otherwise looked crappy against the second + third unit defense.

At least Sanchez went 6/7 against players who might actually make an NFL roster.
    Last edited by jetsfan89; 08-15-2011 at 11:45 PM.
    BRAIN TRUST
    johnnylee722 | MetsFan19 | dwright3b5 | jetsfan89 | Twinke Masta | ritz | MrSexy | jetsfan28

Charlotte Convicts MLB Re-Draft Clubhouse

Creed: So hey, I want to set you up with my daughter.
    Jim: Oh, I'm engaged to Pam.
    Creed: I thought you were gay.
    Jim: Then why would you want to set me up with your daughter?
    Creed: I don't know.

Page 48 of 51 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 ... LastLast