Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Cally's value to the Rangers

Whether Ryan Callahan is or isn’t named captain of the New York Rangers probably won’t be known until sometime during or after training camp, and NHL teams don’t hit the ice for another five or six weeks.

But Callahan’s value to the Rangers — on and off the ice — is difficult to measure, according to his coach, John Tortorella.

“It’s not all about numbers,” Tortorella said. “It’s also about the little things you do as a player.

“When he’s on the bench (between shifts) and I’m looking up and down the bench (for the next line change), I’m always looking for him.”

Tortorella believes the Rangers inability to close out playoff victories — despite being ahead in the third period — was in part due to Callahan’s absence. The four-year NHL veteran suffered a broken ankle in the final week of the regular season by blocking a Zdeno Chara slap shot.

“We had three leads in the third period and we couldn’t nail them down,” Tortorella said.

Both Callahan and Tortorella will be at the Sports Centre at MCC on Sunday for the Craig Charron Memorial Classic. The hockey game has been organized again by the Amerks Alumni Association and benefits the wife and four children of Charron, who died in October at 42.
    Source
    BRAIN TRUST
    johnnylee722 | MetsFan19 | dwright3b5 | jetsfan89 | Twinke Masta | ritz | MrSexy | jetsfan28

Charlotte Convicts MLB Re-Draft Clubhouse

Creed: So hey, I want to set you up with my daughter.
    Jim: Oh, I'm engaged to Pam.
    Creed: I thought you were gay.
    Jim: Then why would you want to set me up with your daughter?
    Creed: I don't know.

vCash
    Interesting piece and nice post. I'd like to see Callahan as el capitan pretty much over anyone except maybe Staal. I'd sooner see Callahan as captain though due to his vocal ability and how good he is with speaking. Staal seems a bit too quiet, which isn't something to not make him captain, but I feel he has more of the captain personality. Staal would be an excellent A and I'm assuming either Dubi or Richards is going to get the next A. No matter what I just want hockey season to start.