Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

I love what the 49ers are doing !

Call me crazy, but I love the staffs approach.

What the Niners are doing is showing their current players that they have faith in them. This team could have easily won 2-3 more games last year with better coaching and more consistent play. A commitment to playing 60 minutes, and the focus to come out strong from the 1st snap of the game is what has been missing for years.

I assume the approach for the next year or two will look something like this:

1. Draft Well
    2. Evaluate QB situation
    3. Weed out the garage
    4. Fill in Defensive needs
    5. Add skill players

This is a new regime, there would have been very little benefit to bringing in rift raft like Moss or Burress.

Lets just be patient, let the current guys develop, and use our cap space to fill positions of need next year when things are a bit more clear. By then, we will know whether or not Smith will be a part of the future, or if Kapernick will be ready compete for the starting job. We will also know if Gore has anything left in his legs or if Crabtree can be a true #1 wideout. They will know if the defensive scheme is complimentary to the teams current players. And last but not least, they will know if this team is realistically close to competing for a championship.

Until this teams 0-16, have a little faith !
    Last edited by mudvayne387; 08-01-2011 at 09:56 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mudvayne387 View Post

What the Niners are doing is showing their current players that they have faith in them. This team could have easily won 2-3 more games last year with better coaching and more consistent play. A commitment to playing 60 minutes, and the focus to come out strong from the 1st snap of the game is what has been missing for years.

1. Draft Well
    2. Evaluate QB situation
    3. Weed out the garage
    5. Add skill players

This is a new regime, there would have been very little benefit to bringing in rift raft like Moss or Burress.

Lets just be patient, let the current guys develop, and use our cap space to fill positions of need next year when things are a bit more clear. By then, we will know whether or not Smith will be a part of the future, or if Kapernick will be ready compete for the starting job. We will also know if Gore has anything left in his legs or if Crabtree can be a true #1 wideout. They will know if the defensive scheme is complimentary to the teams current players. And last but not least, they will know if this team is realistically close to competing for a championship.

no! you are settling for mediocrity. if if if. this shouldve already been done. now were rebuilding and you love it? Its no wonder the ownership is sooo cheap. They can be as long as we accept this while they continue to promise the glory days but never deliver. You could cut out all that nonsense. If we had traded for a real qb other f/a would have seen that were serious about winning and we couldve gotten alot better through f/a than akers. No one wants to play for loosers. Players are trying to escape organizations that are ran like ours and until we get aggressive and pay players to come here and stop being so cheap, the players we have are going to leave (like they are) to better run teams, and we will continue to be mediocre. Making the playoffs is not special, winning the superbowl is. so until we are in the hunt for the superbowl we will be in the same sentence as the Bengals, Browns, and Lions. Heck even They could be argued as being better than us. We Suck and YOU KNOW IT!
    Last edited by MVPKOBE43; 08-01-2011 at 10:15 PM.

vCash

1. Draft Well
    2. Evaluate QB situation
    3. Weed out the garage
    5. Add skill players

I wonder what we have been doing for the past 9 to 10 years
    Big ups to Phins1983 for the Sig!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MVPKOBE43 View Post
    no! you are settling for mediocrity. if if if. this shouldve already been done. now were rebuilding and you love it? Its no wonder the ownership is sooo cheap. They can be as long as we accept this while they continue to promise the glory days but never deliver.
    What I think your failing to realize is just how much the lockout affected this team. With very little time to strategize and evaluate, it could have been very easy to go out and overpay for a big name player and be strapped for years. At least this plans allows for some flexibility and maneuverability for the future.

I suppose it's either a glass half full or half empty debate

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FNM BOY View Post
    I wonder what we have been doing for the past 9 to 10 years
    For the past 10 years we have been hiring unqualified coaches, signing players to outrageous longterm deals, and expecting a young QB to develop basically on his own.

Name the last Superbowl winner that was built through free agency.

vCash
    What I think your failing to realize is just how much the lockout affected this team. With very little time to strategize and evaluate, it could have been very easy to go out and overpay for a big name player and be strapped for years. At least this plans allows for some flexibility and maneuverability for the future.

I suppose it's either a glass half full or half empty debate
    Are you drunk??? The lockout gave front offices and coaching staffs ample time to put together a strategic plan to target free agents bro

Norcal transplant on central Oregon Coast
    vCash
    Are you drunk??? The lockout gave front offices and coaching staffs ample time to put together a strategic plan to target free agents bro
    And literally no time to evaluate the talent on this team. The coaching staff had zero time to interact with players. They arent going to sacrifice the long term just to make the impatient fans happy. Face it, we all know we arent winning the SB this year and NA or any other FA wouldnt change that. We will make big strides this year and compete for the divsion. THe divsion was ours for the taking the last two years but coaching held us back. It wont this year.

vCash
    Don't be ridiculous , how on earth would the new coaching staff evaluate the current players without seeing how they respond in practice ? Do you think it was just us who stood pat during this whole ordeal ? No... There were many teams who opted to go this route and see how things played out. Give this new staff some time to breathe and work things out. They will know soon enough who fits in where, and what holes this team has.

vCash

1. Draft Well
    2. Evaluate QB situation
    3. Weed out the garage
    5. Add skill players

Watch the optimism. The haters are out in full force.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OREcoast49er View Post
    Watch the optimism. The haters are out in full force.
    no...are you 100% sure...??

props to vick27m

vCash
    LOL...so you're a hater if you disagree or dont 100% agree with the 49ers patience plan?????? LOL...wow the level of intelligence in this forum never ceases to amazes me I hope none of you PRO "patience" supporters never have a disagreement with your girlfriends or wives ...its simply a matter of taste and preference people...hate is a very strong word

vCash
    For the past 10 years we have been hiring unqualified coaches, signing players to outrageous longterm deals, and expecting a young QB to develop basically on his own.

Name the last Superbowl winner that was built through free agency.
    I dont know what other teams have done in f/a but the last superbowl we won we got it through f/a. we had a great team but was not good enough to win until we got deon and ken norton and some depth at the dl all through f/a

vCash
    LOL...so you're a hater if you disagree or dont 100% agree with the 49ers patience plan?????? LOL...wow the level of intelligence in this forum never ceases to amazes me I hope none of you PRO "patience" supporters never have a disagreement with your girlfriends or wives ...its simply a matter of taste and preference people...hate is a very strong word

This coming from you I take as you are continually impressed with others intelligence. I will agree the about 75-85% of the posters in here are either really slow, or really young. I hope that theyre young, mostly for our future, because God help us if there is really that many stupid people out there.

vCash
    Don't be ridiculous , how on earth would the new coaching staff evaluate the current players without seeing how they respond in practice ? Do you think it was just us who stood pat during this whole ordeal ? No... There were many teams who opted to go this route and see how things played out. Give this new staff some time to breathe and work things out. They will know soon enough who fits in where, and what holes this team has.
    the team has holes that are recognizable before you evaluate talent. and sides whats to evaluate when the free agents available are better than anyone who we have on our roster (at cb) (at wr) AND (at QB). weve been evaluating for years, tellem to watch some flippin game tape or give me a call ill tell em..... ALEX SUCKS otherwise they would not have gotten kaep. theyre just patchin us up another year

vCash
    http://www.prosportsdaily.com/networ...ticleid=536562
    so we got franklin huh. We already signed ray. was this part of the plan. i think its obvious we have a bunch of rookies running the joint. whos gonna play cb, or d we have to evaluate the talent at db first? I say asante is better than what we have but maybe we should EVALUATE first

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast