Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    njnets is offline JerseyStrongBrooklynReady
    vCash
    according to thehockeygm, avery has a no trade clause...wouldnt he have to wave that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezekial View Post
    Commissioner Stern is stern. Stern, but fair.

Quote Originally Posted by sep11ie View Post
    You either have to deal with tornados or Snookie. Either way your gonna get sucked and blown.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by njnets View Post
    according to thehockeygm, avery has a no trade clause...wouldnt he have to wave that?
    His NTC is good only till August 14th then he can only list 10 teams to which he cant be traded.

vCash
    IF avery had it in him to be a consistant player, then its possible he could do a good job on that line with those two guys. But, firstly that IF is such a big IF because he has proved he is very inconsitent. and because of this i really dont see it happening for more than a game here or there at best

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Redfish View Post
    That CapGeek cap space number includes Christenson ($900k) but does not include Zuccarello ($1.75mm), so we likely have just about $500k in cap space if you think, like me, that Zucarello is higher on the depth chart than Christenson. I actually think he is higher than Avery, as well, but that is another topic.

If Sather is looking for another winger, it would likely be via the trade route, and would involve some of our prospect depth at the defense position, most likely. Or, at least, that is the way I see it.

I really do not think there is a pressing need to acquire another forward near term. We can afford to wait for those opportunities to come our way. Insert Richards projections into the scoring equation and maybe a 10-15% improvement in the overall power play, and I think that puts the club into the top 20% in league offensive production, or thereabouts.

A good point was made elsewhere that a number of our forwards had near career years in terms of goal scoring, so there is some risk of a tail off I suppose with those players. However, I just don't see the likes of Dubinsky, Callahan and Anisimov, for example, going backward in production. The odds seem to favor increased production from them, collectively, but we'll see.
    The LW prospect depth is good enough that Wolski could be the stop-gap for this season (although his cap hit is way too high) and possibly next, although even if he shows any signs of life, he should have to take a pay-cut as a RFA next season -- or the Rangers might even non-tender him -- if he's not traded between now and then). Kreider should be ready in a year or two, Hagelin might not be ready but could show something good during camp, but unless there's a deal that moves salary, no forwards of any consequence will be added to the Rangers this season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dashripdot View Post
    The LW prospect depth is good enough that Wolski could be the stop-gap for this season (although his cap hit is way too high) and possibly next, although even if he shows any signs of life, he should have to take a pay-cut as a RFA next season -- or the Rangers might even non-tender him -- if he's not traded between now and then). Kreider should be ready in a year or two, Hagelin might not be ready but could show something good during camp, but unless there's a deal that moves salary, no forwards of any consequence will be added to the Rangers this season.
    The thing with Wolski is if he puts up a 60 pt season, which is very possible, he will get a contract over the 3.8 he is making now. Might not be from us but someone would def give it to him. Being this is a contract year i really think he will be motivated and put up some pretty good numbers barring an injury.

I also think someone gets dealt in the next month or so. I cant imagine we keep Avery and Christ and demote MZA. Avery i think with his most recent run in with the law could be the odd man out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by commonsense12 View Post
    The thing with Wolski is if he puts up a 60 pt season, which is very possible, he will get a contract over the 3.8 he is making now. Might not be from us but someone would def give it to him. Being this is a contract year i really think he will be motivated and put up some pretty good numbers barring an injury.

I also think someone gets dealt in the next month or so. I cant imagine we keep Avery and Christ and demote MZA. Avery i think with his most recent run in with the law could be the odd man out.
    ive made this point so many times... i agree, i dont see how we dotn take advantage of this motivation and at least see how much of his potential we can extract out of him while he is likely the most motivated to earn a good contract as he's likely to be in his career, this could be the one that gets him a high longterm contract... i doubt with us as i see there being other prospects that are in our long term plans but this season alone, we could really get a lot out of him

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by saintant182 View Post
    ive made this point so many times... i agree, i dont see how we dotn take advantage of this motivation and at least see how much of his potential we can extract out of him while he is likely the most motivated to earn a good contract as he's likely to be in his career, this could be the one that gets him a high longterm contract... i doubt with us as i see there being other prospects that are in our long term plans but this season alone, we could really get a lot out of him
    Agreed and besides we are signing Parise next year to play LW next to Gabs and Richards.

Parise Rich Gabs
    Dubi AA Cally
    Kreider Step Thomas
    Rupp Boyle Prust

LOL i am obviously kidding just making a joke.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by commonsense12 View Post
    Agreed and besides we are signing Parise next year to play LW next to Gabs and Richards.

Parise Rich Gabs
    Dubi AA Cally
    Kreider Step Thomas
    Rupp Boyle Prust

LOL i am obviously kidding just making a joke.
    ha, if we were to be able to fit that team under the cap... that would be immense!!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by saintant182 View Post
    ha, if we were to be able to fit that team under the cap... that would be immense!!!!
    Actually it prob would fit under the cap. The only important contracts that we have up next year are Prust and MDZ if he makes the team. Add that we need a backup goalie and a 7th dmen which are all cheap and we prob have 5.5-6 mill to spend even without the cap not going up. If the cap does go up a few mill, we have more then enough to add a impact player. It prob wont be Parise but we could get someone decent.

vCash
    I don't even see Avery being a regular at this point. I think he'll be the extra forward when all is said and done.
    BRAIN TRUST
    johnnylee722 | MetsFan19 | dwright3b5 | jetsfan89 | Twinke Masta | ritz | MrSexy | jetsfan28

Charlotte Convicts MLB Re-Draft Clubhouse

Creed: So hey, I want to set you up with my daughter.
    Jim: Oh, I'm engaged to Pam.
    Creed: I thought you were gay.
    Jim: Then why would you want to set me up with your daughter?
    Creed: I don't know.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12