Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

need a 3rd or 4th line center

what's available? Gauthier still has 5k+ to spend on a centerman bringing some skill level and some size and grit. How about E Christensen from the NYR? Or JP Dumont (is he a center?)? Might cost a D, but we're weak up the middle: if Pleks or Gomez get hurt, we're in trouble

vCash
    Dumont plays wing. Christensen is a nice guy who can play in the middle from lines 2 to 4, and is awesome in the shootout.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bretthull77 View Post
    what's available? Gauthier still has 5k+ to spend on a centerman bringing some skill level and some size and grit. How about E Christensen from the NYR? Or JP Dumont (is he a center?)? Might cost a D, but we're weak up the middle: if Pleks or Gomez get hurt, we're in trouble
    Maybe you are looking at it the wrong way...

We have Desharnais, Plekanec, Eller, Gomez (who has not played the position in a while)...

What we need is a power forward that will be able to make his wingers better... A centerman that will create time and space for them and it may mean that you will lose a Eller, a defenseman and a pick. Again, it will depend on what is available and if Pierre Gauthier is not affraid to make a move...

vCash
    A center with size on the 1st or 2nd line is a priority.

But how many years have we been saying that Habs fans?

I love Pleks but if we are re-building then he is one of the few vets who would net a decent return.

If it's a re-tool then trading the likes of Eller (who I like) and Kostitsyn in a package to get that center may be a way to do it. But who wants to give up a productive big pivot?

On a side note, I would love to see Rick Nash with the CH on his jersey.

vCash
    Talk of us being in the Hunt from Rick Nash. We'd have to give up a lot for him though and I don't see any guys with caps that they'd be interested in.