Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    njnets is offline JerseyStrongBrooklynReady
    vCash

depth chart predictions

who do you think will play together on each line?

who are the odd men out that get traded/demoted/bought out?

obvioiusly there is no need for goalie to be listed
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezekial View Post
    Commissioner Stern is stern. Stern, but fair.

Quote Originally Posted by sep11ie View Post
    You either have to deal with tornados or Snookie. Either way your gonna get sucked and blown.

vCash
    My line combinations are predicated on certain things happening

If the Rangers keep Wolski:

Avery-Richards-Gaborik
    Dubinsky-Anisimov-Callahan
    Fedotenko-Stepan-Wolski
    Rupp-Boyle-Prust

Staal-Girardi
    McDonagh-Sauer
    Eminger-Erixon

If Wolski is bought out then:

Avery-Richards-Gaborik
    Dubinsky-Anisimov-Callahan
    Fedotenko-Christensen-Stepan
    Rupp-Boyle-Prust

Same D combinations

vCash
    i have to lines i wouldnt mind seeing... the first i think will be given a shot to succeed before the second is tried

wolski - richards - gaborik
    dubi - anisimov - cally
    fedotanko - stepan - mza
    rupp - boyle - prust

staal - girardi
    mcdonough - sauer
    erixon - eminger

----------------------

or

dubi - richards - gaborik
    fedotenko - anisimov - cally
    wolski - stepan - mza
    rupp - boyle - prust

staal - girardi
    mcdonough - sauer
    erixon - eminger

though the lines will more than likely change a lot as we have become accustomed to

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by saintant182 View Post
    i have to lines i wouldnt mind seeing... the first i think will be given a shot to succeed before the second is tried

wolski - richards - gaborik
    dubi - anisimov - cally
    fedotanko - stepan - mza
    rupp - boyle - prust

staal - girardi
    mcdonough - sauer
    erixon - eminger

----------------------

or

dubi - richards - gaborik
    fedotenko - anisimov - cally
    wolski - stepan - mza
    rupp - boyle - prust

staal - girardi
    mcdonough - sauer
    erixon - eminger

though the lines will more than likely change a lot as we have become accustomed to

I tend to agree with these lineups. This year's forward experiment will mainly be on the top line left wing position, and I believe Wolski and Fedotenko will be interchanged the most. In other words, I am anticipating our 2nd line to remain largely intact through the season, barring injuries.

The only area where I disagree with the above is the 6th defenseman spot. Eminger would be more than o.k. in that spot, yet, my guess is a prospect starts the season in that role, with Eminger serving as our 7th defenseman.

vCash
    I honestly think our 2nd line is the one that can be tinkered with more than our 1st so I feel that even though a few guys may get a short shot at the first line that Dubinsky will be our first line winger only because that line is going to be expected to generate most of the offense and Dubi can add some defensive ability to that line. I expect Wolski to get first shot at 2nd line LW and after that either Fedotenko or Avery. Zuc's in my opinion starts the year in the minors, he's super skilled but too small and not near fast enough for his size. Our 3rd and 4th line can be switched as well.

Dubi Richards Gaborik
    Wolski Anisimov Callahan
    Avery Stepan Fedotenko
    Rupp Boyle Prust

Staal Girardi
    Erixon McDonagh
    MDZ Sauer - Eminger(7th)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bsi View Post
    I honestly think our 2nd line is the one that can be tinkered with more than our 1st so I feel that even though a few guys may get a short shot at the first line that Dubinsky will be our first line winger only because that line is going to be expected to generate most of the offense and Dubi can add some defensive ability to that line. I expect Wolski to get first shot at 2nd line LW and after that either Fedotenko or Avery. Zuc's in my opinion starts the year in the minors, he's super skilled but too small and not near fast enough for his size. Our 3rd and 4th line can be switched as well.

Dubi Richards Gaborik
    Wolski Anisimov Callahan
    Avery Stepan Fedotenko
    Rupp Boyle Prust

Staal Girardi
    Erixon McDonagh
    MDZ Sauer - Eminger(7th)
    Since we all know how much Torts like to juggle who knows. But I agree with your top six, though i can see a bottom six of:

Stephan - Boyle - Fedo
    Avery - Rupp - Prust

Not sure if they keep Step at C or convert him to wing. Also I'm I'm curious what Christian Thomas does in camp, if he makes the team it might mean the end of Avery. Either way, lets start this thing already!!

njnets is offline JerseyStrongBrooklynReady
    vCash
    i agree with most of your lineups, and by that i mean i think christiensen is the odd man out in the rotation. will he be kept on the roster as the 13th forward or demoted to the whales you think?

my prediction for lineups:

dubi-richards-gaborik
    wolski-AA-cally
    avery-stepan-fedo
    rupp-boyle-prust

staal-girardi
    mcdonaugh-sauer
    erixson-mdz

its going to be interesting to see who will play the left wing with richards and gaborik. my guess is dubi but they might want him AA and cally to play together on the second line and put someone like wolski with the first two.

also looking forward to who will be the 6th defenseman. i see eminger as the 7th, with someone like mdz stepping up and getting the 6th spot in camp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezekial View Post
    Commissioner Stern is stern. Stern, but fair.

Quote Originally Posted by sep11ie View Post
    You either have to deal with tornados or Snookie. Either way your gonna get sucked and blown.

vCash
    Wolski-Richards-Gaborik
    Duby-Anisimov-Callahan
    Feds-Stepan-Zuccarello/Avery
    Rupp-Boyle-Prust

Staal-Girardi
    McDonagh-Sauer
    Erixon-Del Zotto.Eminger

Lundqvist
    Biron

vCash
    Looking at these possible lines, we really need another scorer.
    NYY,NYR,NYG,NYK

vCash
    Everyone seems to forget that boyle, prust, and fedotanko line was our most consistent line all year! That line should stay intact.
    If I was the coach id start the year like this

Avery-richards-gaborik
    Dubinski-anisimov-callahan
    Wolski-stepan-mza
    Fedotanko-boyle-prust

Staal-girardi
    mcdonagh-saurer
    eminger-del-zotto

Rupp, christenson, r extra fowards. Mza should start the year in the minors. As for the last three spots on d will be shared by eminger del zotto and erixion. But we all know that what ever line starts the year will be changed time and time again

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by S.S-77 View Post
    Everyone seems to forget that boyle, prust, and fedotanko line was our most consistent line all year! That line should stay intact.
    If I was the coach id start the year like this

Avery-richards-gaborik
    Dubinski-anisimov-callahan
    Wolski-stepan-mza
    Fedotanko-boyle-prust

Staal-girardi
    mcdonagh-saurer
    eminger-del-zotto

Rupp, christenson, r extra fowards. Mza should start the year in the minors. As for the last three spots on d will be shared by eminger del zotto and erixion. But we all know that what ever line starts the year will be changed time and time again
    I love this. Avery adds toughness to the top line. everyone knows what the second line can do adn there is alot of firepower on that third line

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by QUBobcats550 View Post
    Looking at these possible lines, we really need another scorer.
    Agreed and Sather is rumored to be trying to trade for one.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by commonsense12 View Post
    Agreed and Sather is rumored to be trying to trade for one.
    We have 3 possible defenseman ready to start the year in the NHL in Del Zotto, Paveltenko and Kundratek; with room for only one. Young, emerging, defenseman are not only always in demand, but are great value to a team's cap/personnel mix. Every team would love to have a guy like Sauer, for example, play at his level, AND at his cap hit for the next few years. Valentenko and Kundratek in particular may be that type of player --- it opens up options for the rest of the roster. I haven't heard one rumor, though, of a potential top line left wing being available for trade. Not that it cannot happen, but it would have to be something under the radar and a bit unexpected; and we'd have to give up something other than an emerging NHL defenseman.

All things considered, with Richards and, presumably, an improved Gaborik over last season, I think the Rangers can hold off on any further trades near-term, unless the trade is unique and too good to wait upon. Otherwise, we may be better served by waiting until the next trade deadline to help push the club forward going into the playoffs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Redfish View Post
    We have 3 possible defenseman ready to start the year in the NHL in Del Zotto, Paveltenko and Kundratek; with room for only one. Young, emerging, defenseman are not only always in demand, but are great value to a team's cap/personnel mix. Every team would love to have a guy like Sauer, for example, play at his level, AND at his cap hit for the next few years. Valentenko and Kundratek in particular may be that type of player --- it opens up options for the rest of the roster. I haven't heard one rumor, though, of a potential top line left wing being available for trade. Not that it cannot happen, but it would have to be something under the radar and a bit unexpected; and we'd have to give up something other than an emerging NHL defenseman.

All things considered, with Richards and, presumably, an improved Gaborik over last season, I think the Rangers can hold off on any further trades near-term, unless the trade is unique and too good to wait upon. Otherwise, we may be better served by waiting until the next trade deadline to help push the club forward going into the playoffs.
    While i agree that our young dmen could be used as trade bait i disagree on the team needing another good forward. We are hoping and assuming that many of the guys who had career years will do that again or improve. Last year Dubi, Cally, AA, Boyle and Prust had their best years of their careers. What if they dont hit those numbers? We also Had MZA and Stepan step in and put up some pretty good numbers for rookies. It is possible the league figures them out or they have a sophmore slump like MDZ did. We are also hoping for bounce back years from Gabs and Wolski.

Basically what i am saying is if we took career averages for all the players we have we could be in trouble next year. We are counting a ton on our guys to either keep producing career years and get better or having bounce back years. Looking at this roster we could really be in much better shape if we traded some of our depth and got another impact player, preferably a scoring winger.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by commonsense12 View Post
    While i agree that our young dmen could be used as trade bait i disagree on the team needing another good forward. We are hoping and assuming that many of the guys who had career years will do that again or improve. Last year Dubi, Cally, AA, Boyle and Prust had their best years of their careers. What if they dont hit those numbers? We also Had MZA and Stepan step in and put up some pretty good numbers for rookies. It is possible the league figures them out or they have a sophmore slump like MDZ did. We are also hoping for bounce back years from Gabs and Wolski.

Basically what i am saying is if we took career averages for all the players we have we could be in trouble next year. We are counting a ton on our guys to either keep producing career years and get better or having bounce back years. Looking at this roster we could really be in much better shape if we traded some of our depth and got another impact player, preferably a scoring winger.
    The fact we had some young players with their best years last season is a really good point. I guess I take it for granted their performance will get better, let alone not experience a setback with the added experience and a quality coaching staff; but that is definitely an assumption on my part.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast