Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cally Watch

vCash
    Commonsense, cant see anyone other then Wolski being bought out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Isca92 View Post
    Commonsense, cant see anyone other then Wolski being bought out.
    He is def the obvious one but some forums have also suggested Avery might also be a possibility because he was a waiver claim he cant be demoted to the Whale. Just figured i would ask.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by commonsense12 View Post
    He is def the obvious one but some forums have also suggested Avery might also be a possibility because he was a waiver claim he cant be demoted to the Whale. Just figured i would ask.
    As much as it feels like he's the obvious candidate, I'm not sure if it will be him. It is also possible for Avery to get bought out too, but both players have some sort of role on the team, regardless of how people feel about them. It could be possible that they hold onto both just for some depth. Or, they could package them out to a team in need of cap for a cheap player maybe? Just some thoughts, but we won't be able to tell for at most another 48hrs haha.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ElementCo27 View Post
    As much as it feels like he's the obvious candidate, I'm not sure if it will be him. It is also possible for Avery to get bought out too, but both players have some sort of role on the team, regardless of how people feel about them. It could be possible that they hold onto both just for some depth. Or, they could package them out to a team in need of cap for a cheap player maybe? Just some thoughts, but we won't be able to tell for at most another 48hrs haha.
    I agree but i think it all boils down to line combinations. Do we go with more scoring ability or more grit? To be honest someone is not making this team and i have no idea who it is, thats why i made a little thread in the offseason thread to see what people are thinking.

vCash
    BTW capgeek has his cap hit at 4,291,667 which works out to be 12.875 mill for 3 yrs

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by commonsense12 View Post
    I agree but i think it all boils down to line combinations. Do we go with more scoring ability or more grit? To be honest someone is not making this team and i have no idea who it is, thats why i made a little thread in the offseason thread to see what people are thinking.
    I think we should really go with scoring. That's where we suffer the most and if people start hitting more that can easily be solved. We need people that can step up and score though.

Also, Dubinsky and Cally will always have similar contracts haha.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ElementCo27 View Post
    I think we should really go with scoring. That's where we suffer the most and if people start hitting more that can easily be solved. We need people that can step up and score though.

Also, Dubinsky and Cally will always have similar contracts haha.
    I agree with you and i kind of think we have a trade coming. I can see either Avery or Christ being traded. If no trade then i dont see MZA making this team out of camp.

To be honest i almost feel if we could get 1 more decent impact player we could be a huge problem for any team in the league. That player could be in our system or maybe acquired through a trade. Who knows but one more decent player could make a huge difference.

vCash
    Yea I would love to try to trade depth for 1 impact player. Im also not into buying out Wolski. Would rather send Christiensen down or something. Something is gonna happen soon though seeing as buyout period only lasts like another 2 days.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nyanks79 View Post
    Yea I would love to try to trade depth for 1 impact player. Im also not into buying out Wolski. Would rather send Christiensen down or something. Something is gonna happen soon though seeing as buyout period only lasts like another 2 days.
    I agree, its a waste to buyout Wolski when he has so much upside and is on his last year. He sucks we can use him as a midseason trade to make salaries match or not resign him.

Personally i really dont know why we signed Fedo. He was ok for us but he is not an impact player at all. Plus on top of that he got 1.4 mill and we now need to move someone to make it under the cap. I think his spot is where we could upgrade the most. You have to think if we didnt sign him and we traded avery we could use that 3.3-3.4 mill to sign or trade for a nice impact player.

vCash
    A trade will happen, it has to. I'm willing to bet we have seen the last of EC, and honestly, it doesnt bother me one bit.

vCash
    IMO, there isn't a team out there that would take Avery, to big of a risk. EC has some value but someone could just grab him on waivers when he gets cut.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYY09 View Post
    A trade will happen, it has to. I'm willing to bet we have seen the last of EC, and honestly, it doesnt bother me one bit.
    Sadly EC doesnt bother me that much just because of his salary. I do agree though he prob is the likely candidate that is gone.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Isca92 View Post
    IMO, there isn't a team out there that would take Avery, to big of a risk. EC has some value but someone could just grab him on waivers when he gets cut.
    We all said this of Gomez and Rozy too and Avery makes a fraction of what they did. He also really hasnt been in serious trouble in awhile and is on the last year of his deal. It really isnt that much risk for team with strong leadership in place. Plus he would be stupid to start anything on a contract year if he hopes to play in the NHL anymore.

Personally i think Avery could get traded but he does have a NTC till august 14th, so it will have to be after that. Oh plus after that he can list 10 teams on there that he wont accept a trade too.

Oh and EC doesnt need to be cut all we have to do is send MZA to the minors and we dont need to make a trade at all.

vCash
    I don't see a trade as being either a neccessity or a certainty. With 14 forwards under contract right now with NHL experience and none of the forwards in the system right now being no-doubters to make the jump and play, much less even make the team, a trade does not have to happen.

Im comfortable moving forward with the 14 they have now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nyr1980 View Post
    I don't see a trade as being either a neccessity or a certainty. With 14 forwards under contract right now with NHL experience and none of the forwards in the system right now being no-doubters to make the jump and play, much less even make the team, a trade does not have to happen.

Im comfortable moving forward with the 14 they have now.
    Something has to happen because we are over the cap once we add in another dman.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast