Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Cally Watch

vCash
    I don't know if this is true so I'm just going to throw it out there so I can get it straight haha. Isn't Redden's cap technically hitting us right now too? I don't remember where I saw it, but somewhere it said that. Someone clear this up for me please haha.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by commonsense12 View Post
    Thats what i have been saying. One of Wolski, EC, MZA and Avery is going to be gone. Hence we are going to have a trade, buyout or demotion.
    I don't think a trade or a buyout is coming though, it'll be a demotion, we aren't in cap peril like people are saying, we are in good shape. Look at all the injuries we had last year, say for example Gaborik gets hurt, we'll be looking for someone to fill his spot, it's not a bad thing having an extra NHL caliber player in the minors. The only guy that might get traded is Christensen IMO, unless someone blows us away with an offer for Avery or Wolski, which I really don't see happening.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ElementCo27 View Post
    I don't know if this is true so I'm just going to throw it out there so I can get it straight haha. Isn't Redden's cap technically hitting us right now too? I don't remember where I saw it, but somewhere it said that. Someone clear this up for me please haha.
    Technically yes but he is demoted right after training camps start. All NHL teams are allowed to go over the cap by a certain percentage but need to be under the cap before the season starts.

I guess he will have to go through waivers again though and it would be really funny if he was claimed lol. Not happening though

vCash
    Now that the Rangers have avoided arbitration with Ryan Callahan as the right wing agreed to a three-year deal worth $12.875 million on Wednesday ($4.275 million salary cap hit), there will be a 48-hour window starting at midnight in case the team chooses to buy out any players on the roster to create some cap flexibility.

Don’t expect it to happen. In fact, with this week’s transactions of re-signing both Callahan and defenseman Steve Eminger, the Rangers’ offseason work may be complete and the current roster is the one that will start training camp.

Much of the focus has been on mercurial wing Wojtek Wolski, 25, who had six goals and 13 assists in 37 games for the Rangers after being acquired from the Coyotes. Wolski carries a cap hit of $3.8 million for this season and a buyout would save the Rangers $3.3 million against this season’s cap.

But not only is there no buyout of Wolski coming over the next couple of days, it’s almost a near certainty he will not be traded between now and the start of training.

The trick may come if the Rangers want to start the season with both Tim Erixon ($1.75 million) and Michael Del Zotto ($1.09 million) on their roster. They have approximately $700,000 left in cap space including Erixon as one of the six defensemen on the roster but not including Del Zotto. However, it also includes center Erik Christensen ($925,000) who may find himself squeezed from a roster spot now that the team has signed Brad Richards. The Rangers currently have 14 forwards, including Mats Zuccarello ($1.75 million) and could opt to carry just 13.
    http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/rangerrants/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bsi View Post
    I don't think a trade or a buyout is coming though, it'll be a demotion, we aren't in cap peril like people are saying, we are in good shape. Look at all the injuries we had last year, say for example Gaborik gets hurt, we'll be looking for someone to fill his spot, it's not a bad thing having an extra NHL caliber player in the minors. The only guy that might get traded is Christensen IMO, unless someone blows us away with an offer for Avery or Wolski, which I really don't see happening.
    So you are saying we are demoting MZA?

vCash
    Technically yes but he is demoted right after training camps start. All NHL teams are allowed to go over the cap by a certain percentage but need to be under the cap before the season starts.

I guess he will have to go through waivers again though and it would be really funny if he was claimed lol. Not happening though
    So doesn't that mean another what? 5 mil or so is coming off the amount they have right now? I haven't found the time to go to these cap sites haha.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nyanks79 View Post
    Exactly what i was trying to get across. Someone is going to traded, demoted or waived.

vCash
    Element, each team is allowed to go 10 percent over the cap redden is figured into that tbey dont get extra room when he is sent down

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ElementCo27 View Post
    So doesn't that mean another what? 5 mil or so is coming off the amount they have right now? I haven't found the time to go to these cap sites haha.
    pretty good cap website if you are interested

http://www.capgeek.com/

vCash
    So you are saying we are demoting MZA?
    Yup there's too many players for the spots available and if we learned anything from last year is that it doesn't hurt to have capable players in the minors in case of injuries like Frolov's last year. I think Zuc's got all the skill in the world but he's not near fast enough considering the lack of size he brings. Maybe he's working on that over the summer and I'll be wrong come training camp but to me if he's gonna be effective as a little guy in this league he has to get faster.

vCash
    Exactly what i was trying to get across. Someone is going to traded, demoted or waived.
    I think we're on the same page then....no need for a trade or a buyout?

vCash
    Yup there's too many players for the spots available and if we learned anything from last year is that it doesn't hurt to have capable players in the minors in case of injuries like Frolov's last year. I think Zuc's got all the skill in the world but he's not near fast enough considering the lack of size he brings. Maybe he's working on that over the summer and I'll be wrong come training camp but to me if he's gonna be effective as a little guy in this league he has to get faster.
    Is he not working with Barb Underhill? Last year was his first NA Pro season, I'll give him time to adjust I think he could end up being a good NHL player.
    New York Rangers - Atlanta Braves - New York Giants - Kobe Bryant

vCash
    I think we're on the same page then....no need for a trade or a buyout?
    I actually think Sather is working the phones looking to trade but i dont see it happening just yet. I posted in the offseason thread a question of who makes the team and i really believe Avery, Christ and Wolksi all make the team, while MZA heads back to the minors. I also predicted who i think makes the team on defense but what do i know lol.

I do however think in terms of putting a better team out there it includes MZA because frankly he prob has 40-50 pt ability in him this year.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234