Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cally Watch

vCash

Cally Watch

"Tuesday, July 26, 2011

No progress to report on Callahan deal

The Rangers and Brandon Dubinsky went to the last minute last Thursday before reaching an accord for a new, four-year, $16.8 million deal. It seems that if Ryan Callahan is to avoid Thursday’s arbitration hearing, it, too, will be with a last-minute deal.

Callahan’s agent, Steve Bartlett reported today there has not been much progress between the sides with the clock ticking towards Thursday. Essentially, Bartlett said he has submitted his proposal to the Rangers but added there has not been a lot of back and forth. The sides have exchanged briefs that are needed to prepare for an arbitration hearing. Bartlett said he he is “waiting for some response” regarding his proposal on a new deal for Callahan.

“They have our proposal,” Bartlett said. “If they feel, at some point between now and then (Thursday), if they feel there is something to talk about, I’m all years.”

Bartlett added he still believes a deal can be worked out but “it takes two to tango.”

Dubinsky’s salary cap average of $4.2 million per season should serve as a starting point for negotiations but Callahan, no doubt, is seeking more than that."

Andrew Gross
    http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/rangerrants/

What do you guys think, does he make it arbitration or is it an 11th hour deal like Dubi?
    Does he get more years/money then Dubi?

I don't think he gets to arbitration and gets same amount of years but slightly more money.

njnets is offline JerseyStrongBrooklynReady
    vCash
    my guess is he will get around 4.5. maybe im wrong, idk, but i see him getting more than dubi. i just hope its not extremely more. i would be upset if he got something around 5.5
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezekial View Post
    Commissioner Stern is stern. Stern, but fair.

Quote Originally Posted by sep11ie View Post
    You either have to deal with tornados or Snookie. Either way your gonna get sucked and blown.

vCash
    So, is Cally selfish like Dubinsky because it's taking a while to get a deal done? Just wondering...
    BRAIN TRUST
    johnnylee722 | MetsFan19 | dwright3b5 | jetsfan89 | Twinke Masta | ritz | MrSexy | jetsfan28

Charlotte Convicts MLB Re-Draft Clubhouse

Creed: So hey, I want to set you up with my daughter.
    Jim: Oh, I'm engaged to Pam.
    Creed: I thought you were gay.
    Jim: Then why would you want to set me up with your daughter?
    Creed: I don't know.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan89 View Post
    So, is Cally selfish like Dubinsky because it's taking a while to get a deal done? Just wondering...
    Exaaacccctly....good point.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan89 View Post
    Dubinsky's negotatians were much more public which made him look worse. In all fairness though if he has a contract anywhere near Dubi's and he is holding out then yeah he is being selfish.

I also think if he gets to arb he isnt going to be as happy. Personally i can see him being signed tomorrow though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by commonsense12 View Post
    Dubinsky's negotatians were much more public which made him look worse. In all fairness though if he has a contract anywhere near Dubi's and he is holding out then yeah he is being selfish.

I also think if he gets to arb he isnt going to be as happy. Personally i can see him being signed tomorrow though.
    Dubinsky said neither him or his agent made the figures public, Sather didn't deny it as far as I know. Plus I doubt he'd throw it out there that he was looking for over 5 mill.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bsi View Post
    Dubinsky said neither him or his agent made the figures public, Sather didn't deny it as far as I know. Plus I doubt he'd throw it out there that he was looking for over 5 mill.
    Yeah cause salary figures and demands never get leaked...........

vCash
    Yeah cause salary figures and demands never get leaked...........
    I doubt he'd leak that salary demand....more likely the Sather camp, Dubinsky and his agent wouldn't find much sympathy from anyone with a +5 mill demand.

vCash
    I doubt he'd leak that salary demand....more likely the Sather camp, Dubinsky and his agent wouldn't find much sympathy from anyone with a +5 mill demand.
    Yeah but like i said they prob were leaked and thats what made the Dubi negotations look bad for Dubi.

vCash
    Yeah but like i said they prob were leaked and thats what made the Dubi negotations look bad for Dubi.
    Yup, it did. Had people on here mad at him for something he most likely didn't even do...lol. Amazing how things go eh. Hope Callahan gets it done soon.

vCash
    Yup, it did. Had people on here mad at him for something he most likely didn't even do...lol. Amazing how things go eh. Hope Callahan gets it done soon.
    It really didnt matter he got paid what he wanted. In fact from his comments Sather caved more then he did. I think Rangers offered 3.8 and he wanted 4.4 and they agreed on 4.2. Middle is 4.1 obviously so he got a bit more

vCash
    several twitter accounts are saying that its a done deal 3 years ball park of 13 mill.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Isca92 View Post
    several twitter accounts are saying that its a done deal 3 years ball park of 13 mill.
    It has been confirmed by NHL.com

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=585351

vCash
    Well, there we go.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by J4KOP99 View Post
    Well, there we go.
    Now the fun begins. We have 48 hrs to buyout a contract. So do we buyout anyone (obviously big name is Wolski).

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast