Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 58

Thread: Cally Watch

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,114
    vCash
    1500

    Cally Watch

    "Tuesday, July 26, 2011

    No progress to report on Callahan deal

    The Rangers and Brandon Dubinsky went to the last minute last Thursday before reaching an accord for a new, four-year, $16.8 million deal. It seems that if Ryan Callahan is to avoid Thursday’s arbitration hearing, it, too, will be with a last-minute deal.

    Callahan’s agent, Steve Bartlett reported today there has not been much progress between the sides with the clock ticking towards Thursday. Essentially, Bartlett said he has submitted his proposal to the Rangers but added there has not been a lot of back and forth. The sides have exchanged briefs that are needed to prepare for an arbitration hearing. Bartlett said he he is “waiting for some response” regarding his proposal on a new deal for Callahan.

    “They have our proposal,” Bartlett said. “If they feel, at some point between now and then (Thursday), if they feel there is something to talk about, I’m all years.”

    Bartlett added he still believes a deal can be worked out but “it takes two to tango.”

    Dubinsky’s salary cap average of $4.2 million per season should serve as a starting point for negotiations but Callahan, no doubt, is seeking more than that."

    Andrew Gross
    http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/rangerrants/

    What do you guys think, does he make it arbitration or is it an 11th hour deal like Dubi?
    Does he get more years/money then Dubi?

    I don't think he gets to arbitration and gets same amount of years but slightly more money.

  2. #2
    njnets is offline JerseyStrongBrooklynReady
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    3,614
    vCash
    1500
    my guess is he will get around 4.5. maybe im wrong, idk, but i see him getting more than dubi. i just hope its not extremely more. i would be upset if he got something around 5.5
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezekial View Post
    Commissioner Stern is stern. Stern, but fair.

    Quote Originally Posted by sep11ie View Post
    You either have to deal with tornados or Snookie. Either way your gonna get sucked and blown.


  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Maspeth (Queens), NY
    Posts
    29,735
    vCash
    1500
    So, is Cally selfish like Dubinsky because it's taking a while to get a deal done? Just wondering...
    BRAIN TRUST
    johnnylee722 | MetsFan19 | dwright3b5 | jetsfan89 | Twinke Masta | ritz | MrSexy | jetsfan28


    Charlotte Convicts MLB Re-Draft Clubhouse

    Creed: So hey, I want to set you up with my daughter.
    Jim: Oh, I'm engaged to Pam.
    Creed: I thought you were gay.
    Jim: Then why would you want to set me up with your daughter?
    Creed: I don't know.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    7,079
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan89 View Post
    So, is Cally selfish like Dubinsky because it's taking a while to get a deal done? Just wondering...
    Exaaacccctly....good point.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    3,167
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan89 View Post
    So, is Cally selfish like Dubinsky because it's taking a while to get a deal done? Just wondering...
    Dubinsky's negotatians were much more public which made him look worse. In all fairness though if he has a contract anywhere near Dubi's and he is holding out then yeah he is being selfish.

    I also think if he gets to arb he isnt going to be as happy. Personally i can see him being signed tomorrow though.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    7,079
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by commonsense12 View Post
    Dubinsky's negotatians were much more public which made him look worse. In all fairness though if he has a contract anywhere near Dubi's and he is holding out then yeah he is being selfish.

    I also think if he gets to arb he isnt going to be as happy. Personally i can see him being signed tomorrow though.
    Dubinsky said neither him or his agent made the figures public, Sather didn't deny it as far as I know. Plus I doubt he'd throw it out there that he was looking for over 5 mill.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    3,167
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by bsi View Post
    Dubinsky said neither him or his agent made the figures public, Sather didn't deny it as far as I know. Plus I doubt he'd throw it out there that he was looking for over 5 mill.
    Yeah cause salary figures and demands never get leaked...........

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    7,079
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by commonsense12 View Post
    Yeah cause salary figures and demands never get leaked...........
    I doubt he'd leak that salary demand....more likely the Sather camp, Dubinsky and his agent wouldn't find much sympathy from anyone with a +5 mill demand.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    3,167
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by bsi View Post
    I doubt he'd leak that salary demand....more likely the Sather camp, Dubinsky and his agent wouldn't find much sympathy from anyone with a +5 mill demand.
    Yeah but like i said they prob were leaked and thats what made the Dubi negotations look bad for Dubi.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    7,079
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by commonsense12 View Post
    Yeah but like i said they prob were leaked and thats what made the Dubi negotations look bad for Dubi.
    Yup, it did. Had people on here mad at him for something he most likely didn't even do...lol. Amazing how things go eh. Hope Callahan gets it done soon.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    3,167
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by bsi View Post
    Yup, it did. Had people on here mad at him for something he most likely didn't even do...lol. Amazing how things go eh. Hope Callahan gets it done soon.
    It really didnt matter he got paid what he wanted. In fact from his comments Sather caved more then he did. I think Rangers offered 3.8 and he wanted 4.4 and they agreed on 4.2. Middle is 4.1 obviously so he got a bit more

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,114
    vCash
    1500
    several twitter accounts are saying that its a done deal 3 years ball park of 13 mill.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    3,167
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Isca92 View Post
    several twitter accounts are saying that its a done deal 3 years ball park of 13 mill.
    It has been confirmed by NHL.com

    http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=585351

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    20,413
    vCash
    1500
    Well, there we go.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    3,167
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by J4KOP99 View Post
    Well, there we go.
    Now the fun begins. We have 48 hrs to buyout a contract. So do we buyout anyone (obviously big name is Wolski).

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •