Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Thread: So, what next?

vCash

So, what next?

Now that Gorges has been signed, where do we go from here? What do you think of our signings? Is there anything we still need? Your thoughts....

vCash
    I think, for one, we need another veteran presence on the blueline. Someone who can move the puck and is a threat on the powerplay. Just in case, Markov gets injured again. McCabe maybe? Someone we can sign a 1 year deal to so our young d-man can develop another year in Hamilton or on their respective junior teams.

vCash
    PLEASE do NOT bring McCabe to Montreal. He has as much value as a can of spam.
    I don't really know what's left out there. From what I just checked out, the best UFA D availaible is John Erskin, but he's no puck moving D.
    I personally believe they still need to add size. The best thing the Habs can do is to see how the younger layers do in training camp and trade for the parts they need.

vCash
    I would love to add Erskine to this team. Exactly the guy we need when team`s are pushing us around.

vCash
    I wouldn't mind seeing Erskine, providing that we do not have to pay him too much. I don't think he's any better than McCabe, but whatever. I really think that we are strong competitiors for the cup this year if we can stay healthy so an insurance d-man that can move the puck would be nice.

vCash
    Gomez is going to have to start earning his money if we're gonna be a Cup contender this winter.

And obviously, we need to stay healthy. I'd like to see Markov put together a full season.
    Perfection.

vCash
    ^Ha! Didn't even get a game in before going on the DL. What a waste of 6 mil. Could have been the best defenseman in the NHL. Instead he's a dead beat. Good thing we signed Campoli before the season started. If they knew he wasn't going to be ready, then why did they sign him to such a large contract? If they didn't know, then why not? The Doctors should have been able to tell. I don't get it. James Wisniewski played so well for us last year and could have got him for almost the same price. Should have let Markov go.
    Last edited by hawks4life; 10-06-2011 at 03:27 PM.