Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Winnipeg Jets new logo

True North Sports & Entertainment is proud to unveil today the primary and secondary logos for the Winnipeg Jets Hockey Club which will begin play in the National Hockey League in 2011.

The design for the new logo, which was developed in partnership with Reebok and the NHL, was inspired by the logo of the Royal Canadian Air Force.

“True North Sports & Entertainment felt it was important for the new Winnipeg Jets to develop a strong new identity,” said Mark Chipman, Chairman & Governor of True North Sports & Entertainment. “We felt it was important to authenticate the name Jets and we believe the new logo does that through its connection to our country’s remarkable Air Force heritage, including the rich history and relationship that our city and province have enjoyed with the Canadian Forces.”

True North Sports & Entertainment would also like to thank the Department of National Defence for their assistance in the process.

“We have always had a close relationship with 17 Wing throughout the years, dating back to our annual Manitoba Moose Military Night,” said Dorian Morphy, Senior Director, Marketing & Brand Management of True North Sports & Entertainment. “We are thrilled to be able to continue this relationship in a significant way. The design cues for the plane were inspired by the military jets flown by the Air Force over the years. So not only were we able to establish a new identity for our brand, but we were able to maintain a traditional, time honoured look to the logo.”

The Winnipeg Jets will unveil their uniforms and uniform colors at a later date.

Fans can purchase Winnipeg Jets hats, t-shirts, and kids wear IMMEDIATELY at the new team store “Jets Gear”, formerly known as “Off The Rack” Moose Store, located at the corner of Portage & Hargrave. The store will be open tonight until 10:00 p.m., tomorrow, Saturday, July 23rd between 10:00 and 6:00 p.m. and then on Sunday from noon to 5:00 p.m.

Jets forward Eric Fehr will be signing autographs at the store tomorrow from 12:00 to 1:00 p.m.
    http://jets.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id...id=DL|WPG|home

vCash
    Mentioned in the main forum that it's average, that's about it. I really would like to see the jerseys though.

vCash
    best logo in the nhl,

vCash
    8.5/10

Maple leaf over does it IMO but it can grow on me

vCash
    Winnipeg Air Canadas? Its actually not bad at all just not what I was expecting but I agree its gonna depend a lot on the Jersey... I kind of hope they have a 3rd jersey that's retro and in a similar style as the Classic Jets... But Either way I think the team slips into the playoffs probably 8th but will still be a deadly thing to see... I'd love a like Phoenix VS Jets Finals lol

vCash
    ok can this forum be officially called the Winnipeg Jets?
    JETS/RANGERS/YANKEES/KNICKS/VA TECH/SYRACUSE/ARMY
    "I don't know what a Hokie is, but god is one of them" - Lee Corso
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVP0Q...eature=related - J.O.B. (Jets Over B**ches)

vCash
    Not really that Impressed, I like the idea, but I really think they should have added more color, and have that color be more solid and defined, because having the grey in the middle surrounded by white looks too plain and empty (for lack of a better term). How can you have a primary logo where the centerpiece is grey? They could have used a little more imagination, instead they made it look like an actual jet with the plain grey and everything. The secondary logos are nice, especially the script one. But when it comes to the primary logo they should have just stuck with original.

The Villain

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopkins View Post
    Not really that Impressed, I like the idea, but I really think they should have added more color, and have that color be more solid and defined, because having the grey in the middle surrounded by white looks too plain and empty (for lack of a better term). How can you have a primary logo where the centerpiece is grey? They could have used a little more imagination, instead they made it look like an actual jet with the plain grey and everything. The secondary logos are nice, especially the script one. But when it comes to the primary logo they should have just stuck with original.
    Hockey is known for simple logos. Bostons Bruins B, Maple Leafs Maple leaf ect... I think this logo is awesome its nice a simple and sleek and will really grow on people and is going to look sexy once the jerseys are released!

vCash
    Not totally sure if these are legit but found them online....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewhouse94 View Post
    Not totally sure if these are legit but found them online....
    Those look great

vCash
    nevermind those jerseys are fakes! damn you internet! lol

vCash
    I wasn't a huge fan until I found out it was dedicated to the RCAF.

Now, I love it. GO JETS GO!

vCash
    Loving the logos! Gotta get a jersey....

vCash
    Wonder when PSD is gonna update the main page with the new Jets logo, instead of the Thrashers logo.

Straight Flash Homey

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by boms-4 View Post
    Wonder when PSD is gonna update the main page with the new Jets logo, instead of the Thrashers logo.
    I messaged Wrigs when it came out, but I got no response. Hopefully it will be updated by the time the regular season rolls around.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast